Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hand drawn animation programs?

Asternose

Does anyone know of any good hand-drawn animation programs? I don't have very much experience with animation, but I am quite willing to teach myself once I get a good program. I've tried using puppets in Flash, but (after much frustration with the technicalities of it and getting puppets to work) I have decided I would prefer to animate with my own style. I would be animating ponies in a really simple little style I have because I have a project planned. 

Any input would be appreciated! :D

If you have Flash, you can still use it to make paperless traditional animation. Assuming you have a tablet, of course. If you want to use paper and you have a big enough budget, you could look at Pencil Check Pro.

Edit: If you haven't already, you might want to look up the principles of animation before you start animating.

Edited by SpaceOnion

While I generally recommend Toon Boom's software, it depends what kind of budget you're on.  Toon Boom Studio, their student grade line, usually hovers around $200.  It's what I learned on in college and what I use at home (and we use Toon Boom Harmony at work).  Of course, that's also assuming you're actually looking to purchase the software.

As SpaceOnion said, you can also use Flash to do hand-drawn animation.  One of my favourite YouTube animators, Zeurel, does just that. (Though I've seen that even he recommends Toon Boom when people ask him; he just uses Flash because he's used to it.)

• Brohoof 1