1. 1. Who's the Best Big Sister

• Celestia
    • A.J
    • Dashie
    • Rarity
    • Maud
    • Cadance
    • Other

They have already proved that they are caring, dependable big sisters,  but who do you think is the best at being a big sister?

(Cadance as Twi's sister, Dashie as Scoot's sister)

And who would you like to be your big sister in real life?

My answer the best big sister is A.J. She provided clubhouse for CMC. She's able to have fun with apple bloom at work so they probably spend more time together than other sisters. 

But in real life I kinda prefer a big sister like Maud... :maud:

On a side note: Am I the only one think Luna should be the older sister?

Edited by Osiria
  • Brohoof 2

Wait, Who is Rainbow Dash's sibling? Have they finally revealed that she's related to Scootaloo?

Oh I apologize, it's not canon. But I think Dashie practically can be seen as scoot's big sister

• Brohoof 1

As for who I would want hmmmm well I voted for Celestia because I think she is best Pony.

But as for who I would want as my older sibling irl hmmm I think either Rarity or Maud...

But then again being Celestia's younger sibling would have alot of perks though.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, Who is Rainbow Dash's sibling? Have they finally revealed that she's related to Scootaloo?

No, but they consider one another to be sisters and many fans do as well by now :). Family's about more than blood.

My vote goes to Applejack. While she's not flawless, and does need to accept that Apple Bloom is growing up and can't be treated like a kid forever, she's been consistently supportive, caring, sympathetic, and willing to let down her hair and have fun too. I'd love to have a sibling like AJ, and I think most could benefit from having a role model like her in their lives.

• Brohoof 3

No, but they consider one another to be sisters and many fans do as well by now :). Family's about more than blood.

My vote goes to Applejack. While she's not flawless, and does need to accept that Apple Bloom is growing up and can't be treated like a kid forever, she's been consistently supportive, caring, sympathetic, and willing to let down her hair and have fun too. I'd love to have a sibling like AJ, and I think most could benefit from having a role model like her in their lives.

Better to have a sister who cares about you too much than one that doesn't care about you at all!

• Brohoof 2

Applejack, though I am sure most of you knew I was going to say that. Applejack is unique from the other sisters because she has not only had to play the role of sister but parent as well. Rarity has played somewhat of a parental role with Sweetie Belle but because Rarity and Sweetie Bells parents are alive and around it is not anywhere near to the extent as with Applejack. Despite all the responsibility Applejack has been faced with at such a young age she still hasn't forgotten to relax every now and then and have a bit of fun and that it is important for her to take some time out to do this with her sister as well as all the other stuff.

• Brohoof 3

Rarity imo, it isn't so much being the best in every way, but the way she treats Sweetie Belle. She may not always enjoy doing certain things, but she will do what she dislikes just for her sake. Not that this is the only reason or that other ponies don't do this, I just think Rarity exemplifies this best.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash. Why? Obvious, of course: Scootaloo has no biological sister. Yet Rainbow Dash volunteered herself to be Scootaloo's mentor, friend, confident... And sister. Rarity, Cadance, and Applejack are amazing, and have done way more than RD has done in terms of actual sisterhood activities. However, Rainbow Dash gave something far more important than sisterly actions, she gave Scootaloo a SISTER, PERIOD. It's one thing to do sibling actions with someone, it is another thing to give something to someone who never expected to have that, and not only that but RD is basically Scootaloo's idol, even before becoming surrogate sister. That's like you're personal hero coming to your house and offering to be your older brother/sister. How hyped would you be, especially if you had no siblings?

post-27099-0-78732500-1417497345_thumb.gif

(is gif, click it)

post-27099-0-68301900-1417497350_thumb.jpg

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 4

If I were rarity, I would say no to Sweetie Belle everytime she wanted to do something with me, then watch her guilt-tripping face 

awwwwww :3 (Am I evil?) and then say yes, of course.

Come to think of it, if Pinkie and Applejack were related, Pinkie would basically become Apple bloom's sister too. Then this would be one of the cutest sister moment:

• Brohoof 2

I'd say Dash, since she's really taken Scoots under her wing and helped her out. I think a Applejack and Rarity deserve honourable mention though

Speaking of which, I have to thank Princess Luna for helping scoot get alone with Dashie (Sleepless in Ponyville), and fixing the relationship between Rarity and Sweetie Belle (For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls).

A toast to Luna, the Goddess of Night, Dream and Sisterhood!

Princess-Luna-image-princess-luna-361675

• Brohoof 2

Rarity and AppleJack are both great sisters and have excellent older sibling qualities.

However, i'm going to lean more towrads AppleJack being the "better" of the 2.

(No, i'm not counting RainbowDash and Scootaloo).

I initially voted AJ, but then decided to change my vote for Celestia. Let me explain my logic.

At first I was thinking anybody but Celestia. She banished her sister to the moon!

But that got me thinking. She had the guts to make a decision that would break her heart for 1000 years. Banishing Luna was good for Equestria, and ultimately good for Luna too. That makes her not only a good role model for an older sibling, but also shows that she prioritises doing what's right for Luna's upbringing over what's fun, or what will make her a more popular sibling.

• Brohoof 3

I initially voted AJ, but then decided to change my vote for Celestia. Let me explain my logic.

At first I was thinking anybody but Celestia. She banished her sister to the moon!

But that got me thinking. She had the guts to make a decision that would break her heart for 1000 years. Banishing Luna was good for Equestria, and ultimately good for Luna too. That makes her not only a good role model for an older sibling, but also shows that she prioritises doing what's right for Luna's upbringing over what's fun, or what will make her a more popular sibling.

I also find it inspiring that after all her sister did, she forgave her and let them rule together again.

Applejack definitely has to be the best from what we've seen in the show. We would think she'd have a lot on her plate, with her parents presumably dead and the need to work the farm and help Big Mac in addition to taking care of Apple Bloom. Applejack has shown exceptional maturity, definitely being the wisest and the calmest of the Mane 6 and practically becoming the mother figure to the rest of the family in the absence of her parents. She has come so far and learned so much that she advises Rarity on how to become a better big sister in "Sisterhooves Social", helping her to mend her relationship with Sweetie Belle.

Of the sister pairs we see in the show, this one has gotten possibly the most screen time, along with Rarity and Sweetie Belle, so we really see how strong of a character Applejack is. Applejack is the most mature of the main characters and serves as a second-in-command of the group in "Princess Twilight Sparkle", so it's no secret she would be one of the best sisters you could have.

• Brohoof 1

Best sister:

Maude: I think well for Maude is one of the best,  yes she was only in one ep but it shows

she loves and expects Pinkie Pie for fully who she is and the choice she made in her life's path

to a Party Planner and not follow the rocky/rock themed path the rest of her family has done.

Also keeping all those rock candy necklaces shows how much she loves her sister even if

she does not have the most well, out going type of soul.

• Brohoof 2

Best sister:

Maude: I think well for Maude is one of the best,  yes she was only in one ep but it shows

she loves and expects Pinkie Pie for fully who she is and the choice she made in her life's path

to a Party Planner and not follow the rocky/rock themed path the rest of her family has done.

Also keeping all those rock candy necklaces shows how much she loves her sister even if

she does not have the most well, out going type of soul.

Exactly. Her love was shown in subtle yet selfless ways. I recall what Twi said,

Twilight: "And Maud, we're sorry that you felt the only way to spare Pinkie Pie's feeling was to leave Ponyville early."

It says a lot.

That's why I want to have a big sister like Maud in real life. :maud:

She accepts who you are. She wouldn't stand between you and your friends. She wouldn't force you to do anything or bother you so much. She's not overprotective, but if you were ever in trouble, she would come help at once. 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack. From the very minute I saw Sisterhooves Social, it was clear what a great sister Applejack is. (Come on, even Sweetie Belle wanted her for a sister!) :smug:

Applejack is not only very protective (sometimes a bit too protective), caring, and supportive almost to the point of being motherly, but she knows how to have a really good time doing things that her sister actually enjoys, because she always puts the wants and needs of others above her own self. It's like she said herself, "Being sisters is a give and take." And we know AJ is always one to give in, and I think that's just one of many reasons Apple Bloom looks up to her sister so fondly.