Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc (Accepting) Equestria: 1955

Mand'alor Dash

I'd like to apply with Zephyr, there shouldn't be anything about her that conflicts with the rules. Her strength will be flight and her weakness will be intelligence.

Also I'm not sure how strict you stance on the changelings are or even if you allow multiple characters per player, but if it's alright please also check out my other OC; Vibrant (strengths in stealth and charisma and weaknesses in combat, specifically melee and short range.)

I should also point out that changelings should definitely be able to use magic and flying, on that note there shouldn't really be a race restriction on melee combat as there isn't really any reason for say a griffin or pegasus to not be able to get up close and personal if they wished to do so, even changelings and unicorns have been shown to fight with their bodies on the show.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 1

okay lets try this agiin i wolud like to sign up my charcter ice mane link here>Http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/-/ice-mane-r7543

her role a high school senior strenghs chrisma weakness combat

I'd like to apply with Zephyr, there shouldn't be anything about her that conflicts with the rules. Her strength will be flight and her weakness will be intelligence.

Also I'm not sure how strict you stance on the changelings are or even if you allow multiple characters per player, but if it's alright please also check out my other OC; Vibrant (strengths in stealth and charisma and weaknesses in combat, specifically melee and short range.)

I should also point out that changelings should definitely be able to use magic and there shouldn't really be a race restriction on melee combat as there isn't really any reason for say a griffin or pegasus to not be able to get up close and personal if they wished to do so, even changelings and unicorns have been shown to fight with their bodies on the show.

These all seem to be in order.

Hunter, to answer your questions:

YES, you are allowed to play multiple characters.

YES, you are allowed to play Changelings, however, maintaining your disguise is imperative to their survival.

YES, your characters' motivations are all their own. Your Changeling does not need to follow Chrysalis's dogma. Understand, however, that they will still need to stay hidden. Ponies do not trust Changelings in any way, or anybody suspected of being a Changeling.

And finally, this is all still in the planning stages. The rules are subject to change, and on hearing your input, I kinda agree on the close combat thing. I still can't see Changelings having significant magic/flying skills, however. I'll make the change.

I'd like to try this out with my newest OC: Thrillseeker. http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/thrillseeker-r7544

Strengths, weaknesses, occupation, and beliefs?

• Brohoof 1

Strengths, weaknesses, occupation, and beliefs?

I'm developing him as I go. His demeanor is the same with the exception of skewed values for the time period.

Strengths: Fearless and manipulative.

Weaknesses: Full of himself and not very good at combat.

Beliefs: He thinks pegasi are better than everypony else.

• Brohoof 1

Strengths: Fearless and manipulative.

No, I mean what skill is he strong at?

Weaknesses: Full of himself and not very good at combat.

Which type of combat? (though I guess there's no real balance issue in selecting multiple weaknesses.)

These all seem to be in order.

Hunter, to answer your questions:

YES, you are allowed to play multiple characters.

YES, you are allowed to play Changelings, however, maintaining your disguise is imperative to their survival.

YES, your characters' motivations are all their own. Your Changeling does not need to follow Chrysalis's dogma. Understand, however, that they will still need to stay hidden. Ponies do not trust Changelings in any way, or anybody suspected of being a Changeling.

And finally, this is all still in the planning stages. The rules are subject to change, and on hearing your input, I kinda agree on the close combat thing. I still can't see Changelings having significant magic/flying skills, however. I'll make the change.

Would a changeling with high charisma have a chance to talk their way out of a situation in which they were discovered or at least buy them selves enough time to escape consequence or is it a kill on sight sort of thing?

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Sorry. He's skilled in designing things, gadgets and physics since he's a ride operator.

As for combat, he's physically weak when it comes to fighting. If he was in a fistfight with someone even half his age, he'd probably lose.

• Brohoof 1

Would a changeling with high charisma have a chance to talk their way out of a situation in which they were discovered or at least buy them selves enough time to escape consequence or is it a kill on sight sort of thing?

Depends on who sees. If you're talking to a soldier, then chances are you'll be shot immediately.

As for anybody else, it depends on how paranoid that particular character is. With most, you could probably buy yourself a bit of time. With others, they'll call the police immediately, and with still others, if they're open-minded enough and they're VERY good friends with your character, they might even learn that not all Changelings are bad.

But even with them, they might just turn you in anyway to avoid being tried for aiding and abetting, so make sure you can trust them as much as they trust you.

@@Mand'alor Dash,

Sorry. He's skilled in designing things, gadgets and physics since he's a ride operator.

As for combat, he's physically weak when it comes to fighting. If he was in a fistfight with someone even half his age, he'd probably lose.

So, is that Intelligence or Dexterity? (explained in the OP.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Mand'alor Dash

One more question, where will the core of this RP take place? I feel like Manehattan would be a fitting location.

Manehattan, Canterlot, and Suburban Ponyville are the biggest ones, yes. It features characters from all walks of life, and has alot of SoL elements, so there isn't much to constrict you in any one location.

• Brohoof 1

Manehattan, Canterlot, and Suburban Ponyville are the biggest ones, yes. It features characters from all walks of life, and has alot of SoL elements, so there isn't much to constrict you in any one location.

In that case I think I'll have both my OCs start in Manehattan because I like the big city atmosphere. Zephyr's backstory will be pretty much the same except she has yet to leave for Ponyville, because of that she'll probably be close to 18 or 19 (human) years of age and still living in the slums. Vibrant will be an ex-spy who served in Chrysalis' army before becoming obsessed with pony culture and deserting, unlike Zephyr he has made quite a name for himself as a hairdresser/stylist among Manehattan's fashionista community and is fairly well-off and respected.

How are homosexuals viewed upon in this era of Equestria? Vibrant is about as flaming as you can get and although a lot of it is an act he still prefers stallions over the fairer sex. Zephyr is similarly attracted to females, though she is a bit more subtle about it.

• Brohoof 1

How are homosexuals viewed upon in this era of Equestria? Vibrant is about as flaming as you can get and although a lot of it is an act he still prefers stallions over the fairer sex. Zephyr is similarly attracted to females, though she is a bit more subtle about it.

There is discrimination against homo/bisexuals, but once again, it's kinda subtle. Some customers will refuse to give you their business, and most will carry at least a lingering feeling of discomfort, but there won't be much to threaten their livelihood over that.

• Brohoof 1

There is discrimination against homo/bisexuals, but once again, it's kinda subtle. Some customers will refuse to give you their business, and most will carry at least a lingering feeling of discomfort, but there won't be much to threaten their livelihood over that.

So no lynch mobs then, that's good to hear...

A'ight, we should be about geared to start tomorrow (Pacific time). Let's just see if we can get a few more applicants before sunrise.

Are you not playing a character yourself or will you just be DMing and controlling NPCs?