Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does Equestria Girls take Place?

Krazy Stargazer

Where do you guys think the Equestria Girls movies take place?  On Earth?  Personaly I don't think so.  The world in Equestria Girls is to different. Too different to even be on the same timeline. 

In the Equestria Girls movies the inhabitants take on the colors of their pony counterparts, making impossible skintones.  Thus I am led to believe the charecters are not human an only vaguely resemble actuall human beings.  Or maybe it's symbolic and their not "literally" impossible colors like green and orange?

Second the inhabitants are WAY to understanding of the magical world.  We see a clear lack of knowledge from the inhabitants about magic and yet when they experience it they don't even bat an eyelash!  Maybe this is an optimistic view on our world but still doubtful to me.

So my theory is that the Equestria Girls universe isn't our universe but one where their are inhabitants like us.  As such it may have a VASTLY different history to our own.  Or could only diverge at the point Twilight appears

What do you guys think?  This has been bugging me and i'd love to hear other people's ideas on the subject :)

• Brohoof 2

I always thought some random universe that resembles ours. Because if it was supposed to mirror ours identically, I dont think Celestia would be a high school principal.

I call the world of EqG, High School Land.

• Brohoof 2

Well lets be honest... if anything like a demon showed up or some girls who just turn a whole crowd into a fight zone, shoot giant hippogrifs out of them and their yes are purely red in our world.... somebody would call the authorities... Next thing theyd be expecting is the army or a govermental organisation quarantining the whole school =/

cuz... humans 

b752506a715019c08f0db27f2aeffe589d74c894

Edited by lordav
  • Brohoof 2

well i agree with ya there EG isnt in our world. people arent green and blue in our world. atleast not as far as i know

Yeah, not to mention the names, we will never see anyone with a name like Cherry Berry around here  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Rocks took place in the same school, and in those Rainbow Rocks shorts, Vinyl was walking through the city. So I'm guessing the school is located in the city. I call the city "Humanville" B)

• 1 month later...

all we know is its in America because Equestria is a ponyfied America..... but if you want to get real deep into it the mirror took her to a city out side Canterlot high. Canterlot's location on the Equestrian map is in the center so my guess where it takes place is either Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, or Missouri since they seem near where Canterlot should be

It's definitely not our world. I don't agree with people calling the inhabitants humans. I call them humanized ponies, or humonies. They have skin like their pony counterparts and yes, they're a bit too accepting of magic, something that isn't supposed to exist there. 

I think Equestria Girls takes place in its own world. Based on ours, but not identical. As you said, the names, skin-tones, and behaviour is too different from our world to be considered... well... our world.

But if there WAS a way to our world... like our world our world, I would guess it's somewhere beyond the Everfree forest, Heck, the forest itself is where we see most of our influence in Equestria. From OUR mythological creatures (Hydras and cockatrices compared to diamond dogs and vampire fruit bats) to OUR plant life (Poison joke being in direct relation to poison oak) to OUR physics (The clouds moving on their own). SOMEWHERE in the everfree forest, it crosses over into our world

Back-tracking to Equestria, where ponies are, it is our Earth, but almost as if it is an alternate dimension. The alternate universe of Equestria(human world) looks like Equestria, doesn't function like Equestria, and everyone is a human. The high school the movie(s) take place in is named Canterlot High, so I would imagine that the city name would be Canterlot.

I don't know know about the names, but when it comes the weird skin and hair colors, I just view it as the animators taking artistic liberties

Flash Sentry is actually mentioned as having blue hair in Rainbow Rocks, though.

The truth is of course that it all takes place in the world of My Little Humany.

Flash Sentry is actually mentioned as having blue hair in Rainbow Rocks, though.

The truth is of course that it all takes place in the world of My Little Humany.

The problem with that statement is that I can back up my claim.  Hasbro released an official live action music video giving a pretty good depiction of what CHS, the humane six, and Sunset Shimmer would all look like in real life.  Here it is.

As you can see, more than half the people there appear to have died thier hair.  From this, I think it's possible that dying your hair is just a thing that's popular to do at CHS and it's very possible that Brad often dies his hair blue.  Hence why Rarity would call him a "blue haired guitar player".  

The problem with that statement is that I can back up my claim. Hasbro released an official live action music video giving a pretty good depiction of what CHS, the humane six, and Sunset Shimmer would all look like in real life. Here it is.

As you can see, more than half the people there appear to have died thier hair. From this, I think it's possible that dying your hair is just a thing that's popular to do at CHS and it's very possible that Brad often dies his hair blue. Hence why Rarity would call him a "blue haired guitar player".

It's still not an "artistic liberty", though, whether his hair is dyed or not.

Ugh I don't like any of the EQG movies. They need to be forgotten. I can see why Lauren Faust doesn't watch any episodes anymore. It's because they are WAY to different from what the shows original formula was supposed to be. If you like it that's okay I respect your opinion. But EQG as a whole is just terrible. But anyway I would have been lagging if seal team six came out of nowhere and kidnapped twilight. But god forbid the creators put that in the movie. That would actually make an interesting movie.

In my headcanon the EQG world is some sort of bridge universe between ours and Equestria, but still closer to Equestria than to ours. I suspect there's another portal to a second bridge dimension that resembles ours more than Equestria, and finally there's us.

Earth. Alternate Earth, really. Since Equestria is on (an) Earth, and requires a portal to go to an alternate version of itself.