Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming games that make you rage

The Pixelated Pony

Need for Speed: Underground.

No matter on which difficulty level you are on, it is always hard.

*getting beaten by an opponent*

"I'M GOING TO RIP THIS AI TO PIECES!"

*gets totaled in drag races*

"PISS OFF YOU GODDAMN TRUCK! GET OUTTA MY WAY AND DON'T YOU DARE COME AGAIN!"

*at the last race having to restart over and over again*

"GODDAMMIT MELISSA! HOW IS THAT 350Z BEATING THE SKYLINE?! WHY CAN'T I WRECK THESE DAMN CARS!?"

I know, this game is rage inducing. Want more rage? Do it in a starter car and select Hard difficulty on races but don't upgrade your parts.

Any pokemon game with a battle tower clone.

"OK, let's roll through these guys"

*queue 3 horn drills on a quick claw rhydon* OR *misses on 100% accurate move* OR *flinched to death* OR *critical hits galore*

I swear the AI cheats... Then to add insult to injury, the game sends you back to fight off freaking sunkerns at level 1. Can't I just go back to the whole number of the level I was on? It's so boring and there's an equal chance the RNG will screw me over again on the way there. It's worse than the bloody game corner, at least you could time it if you were good.

Off the top of my head:

Twisted Metal PS3. (Rage incarnate)

Call of Duty (When the lobby is full of cowards).

Fire Emblem series (1 wrong move and you have to restart the entire battle if someone dies).

Diablo 3 (hopefully that will change when the dev's retrieve their braincells.)

League of Legends (When the lobby is full of idiots that spend more time throwing blame rather than trying to win the match).

Nosgoth (It is so hard to find a good team these days...)

HAWKEN (When people only want to use long range mechs).

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker torturer scene: you are being electrocuted to death and you have to keep spamming the "Y" (Xbox) or "Triangle" (Playstation) button and even someone as good as button mashing as me died many times one slip of the controller and you would have to start over just watch how long and fast you need to button mash

also I was playing State of Decay and one of the main protagionists died (I was fighting zombies as him and I qucikly tried to get to the car I was driving and I got pounced on my a mutant zombie) that pissed me off so bad I deleted the game and never played it again

and Dark Souls I died so many times and I kept telling myself "its going to be okay as soon as i get the soap stone I can play with my friend" I got the soap stone and my guy refused to use it so I deleted the game and haven't played it to this day

Cat Mario. I bet everyone knows about this game.

yeah I do I beat the first level only dying three times the game isn't that hard as long as your good at Mario type games

Bug!.jpgBug!_Coverart.png

When I think of games that made me rage, this is the first one that comes to mind. My parents got me the most affordable game console at the time ( I was like five and never played a video game at that point) and got this game called Bug, thinking it would be this cute easy game to initiate me into the world of gaming. 

See that smug look on that stupid insects face? SEE IT?! That is the face of a little ass wipe that moves around at a half mile a friggin hour in this painfully 90's infused video game that tries so damn hard to be "cool and hip".

Its REALLY a hard game too, it doesn't look like it, but the steep jumps in difficulty with each level was hard for even my parents who were and are to an extent, gamers. 

Then... there was the one level all three of us could not beat. We took turns, we huddled around that heavy ass lead tv on the floor and tried to beat this damn thing. What was the thing that was keeping us from winning?

fucking_bubbles_by_tacoberry-d62bt88.jpg

Bubbles.... Fucking Bubbles...

I may hunt this game down again and try my hand as an adult to beat what my child self and my parents could not, but until then this is the only game I've played that I have not beaten...because of bubbles... 

161219-bug-sega-saturn-screenshot-game-o

Minecraft... Every time I play with my friend he's a jerk and kills me cause he spawned in full iron gear when we started!

Gonna have to go with tetris on this one. J/k, I dont rage at games :>

• 4 years later...

I play a lot of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. That game is frustrating enough by itself, but the Afterbirth DLC is a whole new can of worms. I'm surprised I haven't smashed my computer into pieces yet.

Edited by Cash In

League of Legends. That's the worst case of raging for me. I know most of it is the fact that I'm kinda bad at the game, but that doesn't help (sometimes it just makes me rage all the more). Sometimes after playing, I'm so mad at it I just gotta step away from my computer and go for a walk or something else to help me cool down.

• Brohoof 1

GTA V, I no longer play it since modders/cheaters taking over, complacent/lack of enforcement of PS3 version, and.... yeah.

Also FS2004 if the stupid thing isn’t working right or if I have to troubleshoot a lot :stressed:.