Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie Theory

natemonster321

I just watched EQG and wondered how Pinkie Pie had those hunches. I came up with two very plausible theories, because magic.

THEORY NO. 1: Pinkie Pie has a means of communication with alternate Pinkies. This could be telepathic communication, which would mean she could commune with other alternate pinkies.

THEORY NO. 2: The pinkies are the same.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my theory: The Pinkies from every universe, given that the multiverse theory is true in this case, all know each other. They frequently hang out in some trans-dimensional coffee shop in their free time. their are hundreds of Pinkies, one for every universe. They tell each other about their universes frequently.

• Brohoof 1

@@natemonster321, as your thread is concerned with discussion of Pinkie Pie from the Equestria Girls series, I have moved it to the "Equestria Girls' section.

I've always just assumed that the characters are mirror reflections in a human world, and Pinkie's psychic/magical/inexplicable ability to predict/understand transcends both dimensions as the other characters' personality traits do. That's just my interpretation though, I'm not not entirely certain honestly. :pinkie:  

Or maybe Pinkie's just being Pinkie. In fact, she might have known the secrets of the whole universe to think it that way..

Well that said by someone who sometimes can predict things and a bit like... hyperactive sometimes, not actually like Pinkie but will do i guess.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've always just assumed that the characters are mirror reflections in a human world, and Pinkie's psychic/magical/inexplicable ability to predict/understand transcends both dimensions as the other characters' personality traits do. That's just my interpretation though, I'm not not entirely certain honestly. :pinkie:  

and

Or maybe Pinkie's just being Pinkie. In fact, she might have known the secrets of the whole universe to think it that way..

Well that said by someone who sometimes can predict things and a bit like... hyperactive sometimes, not actually like Pinkie but will do i guess.

and

I thought it was just her Pinkie sense, since the characters have the same personalities I wouldn't be suprized at all if pinkie pie in EQG had pinkie sense as well

make me think of this

But I have to go against Purplesmart on this one.

• Brohoof 3

"You're from an alternate world and you're a pony princess there and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements, and without it they don't work anymore, and you need them all to help protect your magical world, and if you don't get the crown tonight, you'll be stuck in this world and you won't be able to get back for, like, a really, really long time! squee"

This makes perfect sense as a conclusion Pinkie would jump to! In fact, this portrays Pinkie as kind of a genius in a Sherlock Holmesish kind of way. She read the signs Twilight was holding up, like her bad handwriting and holding the pen in her mouth to deduce that she was a pony or some other four-legged creature and possibly from some alternate universe. Sunset Shimmer's cyber bullying video also helped her to deduce the "pony" part of it, because Twilight didn't seem to understand fingers in the first part of it. Also, the fact that Twilight was so eager to get the crown, that it was "something she had to do," led Pinkie to believe the crown belonged to her and it was extremely significant. And why would it belong to her if she wasn't a princess? Also, the fact that she had to get it so quickly kind of put the time limit in place! Why is it significant though? Maybe it has some magical element that powers up other magical elements used to defend her world, and if the elements were magical, maybe her world was magical, too. That could have been it, but it was still... "Just a hunch!"

• Brohoof 4

Well, we all know that Pinkie has a unique perception on her surroundings and is perceptive on a sometimes metaphysical level. Not to mention she can understand concepts usually considered rather difficult while misunderstanding concepts considered simple. She was able to understand and translate Twilight's explanation on multiuniversal theoretical quantum physics, but couldn't deduce that her friends were throwing her a surprise party because she forgot her own birthday.

I always thought that when Pony Pinkie put her hoof in the mirror at the beginning of the film, a little of her knowledge slipped through and planted itself inside Human Pinkie's mind. So when Twilight was about to confess, the info slingshot right outta Human Pinkie's mouth. Likewise, at the film's end, Human Pinkie slammed into the closed portal. That caused some of Human Pinkie's knowledge to slipped through and planted itself inside Pony Pinkie's mind. Need I explain more?

• Brohoof 1

Drawing from FiM as well, my theory is that Pinkie Pie has a similar form of magical ability that Discord has, or maybe even the exact same. However, instead of using it for chaos in the crazy and negative sense she uses it for fun and ridiculousness to enable her to do silly, harmless things that seem to defy physical possibility.

Pinkie isn't the only one to have intuitive knowledge of her alternate selves. There are two characters I know off the top of my head who exhibit both this ability and have the "Life's a Party" philosophy 

giphy.gif

First Principles

I always thought that when Pony Pinkie put her hoof in the mirror at the beginning of the film, a little of her knowledge slipped through and planted itself inside Human Pinkie's mind. So when Twilight was about to confess, the info slingshot right outta Human Pinkie's mouth. Likewise, at the film's end, Human Pinkie slammed into the closed portal. That caused some of Human Pinkie's knowledge to slipped through and planted itself inside Pony Pinkie's mind. Need I explain more?

This is a very cool theory, makes sense, may very well be what Meghan had in mind when she wrote those bits into the story, and I think just became head canon for me.

But as in all matters of this kind, the objective, scientific truth may ultimately just boil down to...

Because Pinkie Pie™ :)

Edited by ponyvangelist
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie: Are you psychic?!

Twilight: Uh, no. I don't think so. Unless of course that's something you can do here.

Pinkie Pie: Not usually.

Not usually does not mean never, thus Pinkie Pie is sometimes Psychic and that is how she got her "hunch"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie is actually an alien species connected to a hive mind that exists in an outer dimension. They can communicate through each other using the hive mind.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched EQG and wondered how Pinkie Pie had those hunches. I came up with two very plausible theories, because magic.

THEORY NO. 1: Pinkie Pie has a means of communication with alternate Pinkies. This could be telepathic communication, which would mean she could commune with other alternate pinkies.

THEORY NO. 2: The pinkies are the same.

It's pinkie....sooo i go with Theory 2. She is just plain weird and has her weird pinkie sense even as a human lol :blink:

I thought it was just her Pinkie sense, since the characters have the same personalities I wouldn't be suprized at all if pinkie pie in EQG had pinkie sense as well

that's what i thought. it's pinkie. why are we questioning her doings ever the human pinkie. lol i gave up questioning her after season 1 XD 

:blink:  :lol:  :)  :okiedokielokie:  :ooh:  :pinkie:

Pinkie Pie: Are you psychic?!

Twilight: Uh, no. I don't think so. Unless of course that's something you can do here.

Pinkie Pie: Not usually.

Not usually does not mean never, thus Pinkie Pie is sometimes Psychic and that is how she got her "hunch"

irony when pinkie guesses perfectly twis. secret XD 

twis. thoughts: I thought you said you don't do this psychic stuff O.o

• 5 weeks later...

I thought it was just her Pinkie sense, since the characters have the same personalities I wouldn't be surprised at all if pinkie pie in EQG had pinkie sense as well

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the Pinkie sense boils down to "a twitchy tail means something's gonna fall."  That wouldn't make any sense for human Pinkie because humans don't have tails.     

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the Pinkie sense boils down to "a twitchy tail means something's gonna fall."  That wouldn't make any sense for human Pinkie because humans don't have tails.     

We've got a coccyx. But it wouldn't be comfortable to feel your tailbone wiggle, I imagine.