Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you fully trust bronies?

CapnKrunk

Yes, yes. You can fully trust me. Now give me your adress, your phone number and credit card info please! Come on, you know you can trust me: I'm a brony!

...just kidding, obviously

Honestly, no matter how nice a person appears on the Internet, you should never completely trust them and give them personnal intormation. Most of us are probably honest people and would do nothing bad with it, but this is the Internet. It is relatively anonymous and there ARE bad people out there. You can't afford to take the risk.

I'd personally be secretive about any secrets told to me, but honestly I think it requires someone being more than just a "Brony" for me to tell them something. I base decisions like that on trust and respect, not really on mutual interests.

Bronies in general seem to be pretty nice people from what I can tell around here, but like others said this is the internet, and you should always be careful about what personal information you share with anyone no matter who they are.

Well, I wouldn't tell anybody that much unless you personally know them, or were friends with them for a really long time. I mean, I've told some internet bronies some deeper stuff... The internet shouldn't always be generalized to stereotypes found on Reddit and 4Chan, that would make the internet the biggest enemy of the world(Hyperbole)! Just be smart about who you pick!

You can trust anyone, just make sure you know they're trustworthy.

This, some people might be trustworthy but not because they have the brony label, else some people might have been rich because they had the "trust" label in their name xD

I won't trust anyone more so than others blindly just because they like ponies, but if, say, I met a random person on the street and they started talking about ponies I would be more likely to befriend them and then probably trust them?

(edited)

I'm kind of both sides on the trust people on the internet thing. While I know that there are people out there that just want to take any information they have on you and use it to their advantage, I haven't seen too many bronies that I can imagine doing terrible things (nasty pictures not included.) I'm sure these "evil" people do exist, but I think it is much more enjoyable to trust people and if I'm not comfortable sharing, I probably shouldn't be doing such things to begin with. Granted, everypony on this site is, whether they like it or not, a human and we all have secrets whether we like it or not, but I guess maybe it would be better to have less secrets in the end than more.

Of course, to relate back to the original question, I do have one brony friend on the internet who I would trust my life with which is saying a bit because I wouldn't trust a lot of my real life friends with over fifty dollars.

Edited by lordbababa

The only bronies I don't trust are the perverted ones that actually have a fetish for ponies. :(

I treat everyone the same. I'm more willing to trust you if I've talked to you through PM or AIM/WLM, etc, but that still doesn't mean I'm giving you my address, SSN, etc.

If I personally know you, I'm a bit more open.

OF course, if you know where to look,you can easily snatch my real address, no matter who you are.

As far as trust goes, I don't treat bronies any differently than anyone else, in real life or online. (though I've never met any bronies in real life, sadly :( )

Brony IRL: I'd say yes, unless they're an absolute fanboy to the extreme, then they may serve you the wrong advice.

Brony in the webs: Internet ain't a safe place to begin with, though I'm pretty sure you can trust the good folk over here :)

Basically you have the same thoughts as me

I don't think it matters if somebody's a brony or not. You should trust people depending on how well you know them, and if they've proven to be trustworthy in the past. Also, regardless of whether or not you know them from the internet. For instance, if you've known a person well from the internet for several years, and you've seen them on webcam/had a voice chat with them, for the most part, it's safe to trust them with whatever you choose. It all depends on your personal preferences, and how much you can trust people in general. But all of the people I've trusted with my information have not let me down, because I've had good reason to trust them.

• Brohoof 1

I have a very hard time trusting people. Once someone has broken my trust I don't forgive them easily at all. Because I know they're gonna do it right over Again. So once you've broken my trust I'm done with you for good. I've been hurt and lied to so I don't need that shit from anyone anymore. So no I don't think I can fully trust Bronies or anyone.

Anybody can lie on the internet. Unless you know them in person, or have been in contact with them for a really long time, I wouldn't trust them. Even then, I probably wouldn't trust them with security-related information.

I'd trust someone online more than I would in real life. Not that I would post my info on a message board but the whole pedo lurking behind the screen is way out of hand, Your more likely to be hurt/etc by someone you know.

.. and getting a little off point. I wouldn't really trust or distrust a brony when first meeting them. I'd take time getting to know them.

It depends on how well you know a brony. If you just meet a brony you wouldn't really trust them but if you have know them a lot and you have talked with them a lot then you maybe could trust them more than a brony you barely know. So it depends.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...
  • 7 months later...