Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're sick?

Alex Z

When I'm sick I sleep and watch Netflix all day.  You know, they say being sick sucks, but if you ask me being able to do nothing all day but watch TV and sleep and not have to talk to people sounds like a day worth having.  Unless you're awfully sick, then that's a different story  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Depends on how sick. If it's a cold I just take a decongestant pill or cough medicine and deal with it.

Surprisingly I never took a sick day since I've been working (like 8 years.) I only felt like complete crap like 3 days total (over those years) and luckily it happened to be my day off when I did. I pretty much just stayed in bed all day and took some medicine.

(That is "run over by a truck feeling" sick) Not fun.

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

It depends how sick I feel. If I just have some mild symptoms, I'll take a cold pill and go on my day. If my head feels light / dizzy or I feel really fatigued, that's a no-go. I won't drive like that; it's dangerous for numerous reasons.

I'll just stay in bed until the afternoon, wander aimlessly around the house feeling like a ghost (the best way I can describe it) and watching old youtube videos.

• Brohoof 1

I have to be at death's door to stay home from work but

when i get there,  sleep a lot,  become a whine crack bitch

and watch my old school animes to feel better....

• Brohoof 1

Depends on how I am. If I'm sick to the point where I can't go to school, I usually lay in bed and watch tv or listen to the radio. If I still have to go to school, I just simply have to deal with it.

Sleep, watch Netflix. About it really. When I was younger and I didn't get sick as bad then I'd play video games but nowadays when I get sick, even playing video games drains me of energy and sometimes I'll just fall asleep with the controller/mouse in my hands.

• Brohoof 1

If it's just like a cold or something I'll just suck it up till it goes away.

If it's bad enough where I have to stay home I'll just chill out and watch netflix and sleep. Though I can't recall it ever reaching that point in like 4 years, though freshman year I got lice from some damn band kids so I had to stay home for a couple days as i soaked my hair in oil trying to kill those stupid pests.

I do all the same things that I'd normally do. Being sick never stopped me from doing anything, unless it was nausea.

Honestly, though... I haven't had a head cold in like 4 or 5 years. I just don't get sick often anymore, and when I do, it doesn't bother me much. :huh:

Edited by Regulus

1: chug half a bottle of pepto bismal (if im having tummy troubles)

2: turn on my Vicks Humidifyer

3: Tell my boss to go ____ herself, and that I won't be able to come to work. (I get irritable when I'm sick.... )

4: Watch Netflix/YouTube while falling in/out of cousiosness.

Too pro.