Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you're sick?

Alex Z

I'm generally lucky enough to not get sick more than 1 or 2 times a year, and recover fairly fast, but when I am sick I usually sit there dwelling on how I feel bad making it all that much worse. It's a great solution! :o  

I take medicine and try to sleep as much as possible.

I actually got sick just a few days ago and am (hopefully) on the tail end of it now. Still get pretty scared when I get a sore throat these days, hoping it's not a relapse of the tonsillitis I had this summer. I came this close to having to get my tonsils yanked out, but they healed up just in time. However, at one point the pain was so bad I had to be prescribed a narcotic painkiller. Fun shit.

But yeah, there's not a whole lot of special things I do. I just grunt through it and try to make it suck as little as possible.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't gotten sick for about 2 years now. Mainly because I used to live in a dingy, moldy basement where I got sick every month for weeks :( . I think because of that my immune system is like the hulk.  :yay:

Edited by NoodleBrony

I lay on the couch watching Netflix literally all day. I will put a sweatshirt on because I will get cold, and then I will take it off because I will get hot, and then I will put it back on because I will get cold, and so on. I keep cold medicine/whatever medicine I need nearby and pop pills as necessary. I nibble on those buttery Ritz crackers and drink blue Gatorade. If the boyfriend is nearby, I might pout and ask if he will make me a soup. If I eat soup, then it's important to keep a bowl nearby in case of sudden post-meal nausea. Ugh. I hate being sick.

• Brohoof 1

Depends what you mean by Sick.

If it's a vomiting bug then I'm quite content to just lay in bed all day and watch TV, moving in that state just makes me feel bleh.

Thats about the extent of it though, if its anything less then that I'll probably just pop some medicine if I have to and carry on as normal. I'll be complaining all day though. :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't always get sick, but when I do, I try to continue the day(s) as I normally would.

Doesn't always work out well though, simply because my sickness renders me suuuper lazy, with a cape and everything. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

It depends on how sick I am. If I'm not that sick, I go on with my life as usual, just no going out. (I'm homeschooled, so yeah.) If I'm moderately sick, I lie in bed, watching YouTube vids on the Wii in my room and reading books. If I'm pretty sick, I do what I do when I'm moderately sick, except with a bucket.

What I do when I'm sick is lie in bed  for an extra hour, then I get breakfast while my mom and dad go to work, Then I play video games, eat, watch t.v and do homework the rest of the day in that order.

1) Crawl into bed, don't get out except to eat or potty. 

2) Pull the blankets over my head & sweat it out. 

3) Amuse myself by taking meds & vomiting them back up

4) Wait until I'm either feeling better or folks start coming by & saying what a pity it was & well, he lived a long life.

So far, I've always gotten better.  Tip Ginger Ale will stay down when almost nothing else will.  IDK why, but it works. 

• Brohoof 1