Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you value all the collectibles you've purchased?

Aly

I have spent a tremendous amount of cash on various pony items that I've lost track. Strangly, I never seem to really use or play with them. I have collected about 5 different MLP shirts to this date, a Princess Celestia plush, and some minor toys.

I regret the clothes because the artwork on them gradually disintegrate no matter how carefully I wash them. Not to mention they're horrifically overpriced. The Celestia plush was worth over half a grand and she's just sitting on my desk. I still love her dearly regardless of price (who comes up with these insane price tags?) At least she's holding up nicely to this date

Mm, the bigger prop collectables and sculptures I do.
But I have cut back on collecting smaller toys and figures since many times they end up as impulse buys *flop*
I have a specific group still left but they are from several fandoms and not just MLP.

Well I made the stupid mistake of buying an MLP toy even though I'm a closet brony. So that toy has been sitting in my boiler closet hidden behind a box of play-doh from when I was a child and a game of trivial pursuit. I feel bad to not value it as much as I should but I don't want to bring it out and then have my parents see it.

I value collectables from other fandoms I'm in though, for example I have recently started collecting anime merch.

Well I still have like 60+ hotwheels cars I had from around 4 years ago still in the packets and I have kept them in my bedroom in a box, somewhere :( I never played with them since value can increase with these things

I don't have any MLP mercy honestly. I do want to collect the small figures you can get from the collectible pony bag things but I don't like the recent ones. I liked the original ones, but now every single one is glittering and are transparent. :c

Oh and besides from MLP merch I want to get into collecting anime figures and nendoroids c:

I have been looking on some Puella Magi Madoka Magica ones and I recently stumbled upon the most beautiful figure EVER. It's Shiro from No Game No Life and it's beautiful. Like really. JUST LOOK AT IT.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-006244

Hmmm. I recently bought a shirt, so we'll see if it lasts.

Happy with everything else I've got. The card collection ran a couple hundred. The comics, journals, and hat were around 60 (USD).

Haven't looked at 'em in a while, but will soon. Even when I don't though, it's nice to know they're there.

I gave up all my Yu-Gi-Oh merchandise a while back but kept the cards and decks that meant the world to me...especially my Lightsworn deck that cost roughly £200 to make ;-; 

Buut, I do value all of my MLP merchandise from my poster to my blind bag figures I keep them safely and in their original packaging especially the SUPER RARE MLP COMICS! D: I have the 2013 Con edition with Pinkie and Optimus prime on the cover which is like my ultimate piece of collection, I've still yet to open it but I'm afraid of creasing the pages .-.

This also counts for my Marvel Comics collection too  :har:

Well some I definitely like some over others. I also have some repeats in there. Overall though if I had a big enough house I would display them all!(except the repeats). Even when I was living in my folks house with a teeny tiny room I displayed as many as I possibly could. Although I did have some other stuff displayed as well ( artwork/ceramic , Sailor Moon stuff, Pokemon stuff and other cute things) .

Right now I'm still hoping to collect all of the blind bags but I wasn't able to get wave 6 blind bags(the nighttime ones) and for some reason they're extra expensive (some 17$ for a single blind bag) which I'm not really willing to pay for a small figurine. I payed like... 17$ for the one three set with Queen Chyrsalis in it because I really wanted her but that's the exception.

I'm hoping to get more shelves eventually so at least I can also have my build a bear mlps displayed.

I have so much MLP stuff, I should stop but it's borderline addiction lol... 

But of course, I value everything that I have accumulated over the past three years.

Edited by Madisson

However I forgot to put that Militaria can count as collectibles, so do I value my militaria collection? Course I fcking do its history and is something of my major intrest in history.

How do you discern the value of something you collect? Is it valuable when you own it? Is it the monetary value you COULD sell it for, if you decided you were no longer a fan? Is it simply the joy such a thing brings you?

When I look at my collectables, I see emotions. I see the joy at receiving an inch tall Derpy from my brother, who supports me in my fandom, and has himself become a brony.

I feel the burning rage at Bungie for how they've run the potential for Destiny into the ground, and the awe I first felt when I turned on my little Peter Dinklage Ghost for the first time.

If these things ever stopped, if I looked at something I collected, and felt nothing, would it then hold no value?

Would the ring I never remove become worthless, if I suddenly couldn't say "this is a piece of my life, this is a piece of my history"? The idea behind said ring is that I will only remove it for the person I want to put it on, the person I want to never remove it.

If I do so remove it, and the person I give it to breaks my heart, is it then worthless?

I cannot answer your question, because I do not know how to place worth on emotions. My apologies for the rant that this became.

I will say simply, I cannot decide if any of it has value, but they do keep the memories I retain vibrant and alive.

:muffins:

I value the stuff I pick up when I'm at Bronycon, but half of my blindbag figures fell off a shelf into the realm of what is probably spiders and my MLP trading cards are in a pile. Not organized or stacked, they're just in a pile.

So I only care if it isn't expendable.

You bet I do!  When I look at my MLP figures, stuffies, patches, T-shirts, rubber bracelets, and sticker book, I always SMILE.  You can't put a price on that.  Ponies are positive.  Pony merch is a reminder of what MLP is all about - friendship and feeling good, about life, and about myself. 

My figures and stuffies are on a shelf near the head of my bed, so they are the last thing I see before I go to sleep, and the first thing I see in the morning.  Life is good!

• 4 weeks later...

Its all up to personal taste in regards to how much something is worth it's hard to put a value on any set thing. I mean the most valuable thing to me is my mlp gencon demo decks i wouldn't sell them for anything but someone may just veiw that as a freebie which it essentially was if you were lucky enough to go to the mlp gencon demo.

• 6 years later...

If you mean specifically MLP-related collectibles then the answer is both yes and no. The MLP merch I have is not valuable to me beyond sentimental value as I'm not really into the show as much as I once was, back when I first joined. But the merch has a lot of special memories tied to it, many of them involving this forum, so I cherish them deeply in that regard alone. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I do. I keep my collectibles high up on my shelf and safe from being touched by anyone but me. I especially don’t want my young nephew and niece playing with them lol

• Brohoof 1

I like the pony stuff that I've collected over the years, they do hold a somewhat of a sentimental value to me as I do love the characters of FiM and I do hope to hold on to them for the foreseeable future!

Edited by Live Spark

hell yea cuz most of the stuff i own isn't produced anymore (majority of old G4 toys)

in a couple of years, maybe all of that stuff will be super valuable idk, but i'll still hold onto them cuz they have big sentimental values :Daydreaming: