Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you make decisions?

Frostgage

47 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you use?

• Head
    • Heart
    • Gut (Instincts)

Well if I'm at work and I need to make a decision, I think about it thoroughly.

If it's just a general decision I follow my heart.

That sounds just like if it were out of a Disney movie  :o 

I like to think through my decisions first, use the Pro-Con method. If I end up with more cons than pros, then I won't make said decision. This is more brain and heart at work, because I think through and ask myself if I'm actually making the right choice. If possible, I always ask a second opinion by consulting someone close to me. 

I play a lot of Fallout and Elder Scrolls so making decisions is something you need to be good at otherwise you will screw yourself over

I make most of my decisions by asking myself this how will this benefit me, will it cause any harm, is it the right choice,

so I guess a mixture of head and heart

(this is also how I make big decisions in real life as well)

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

My heart brings up the situation, my head tries to analyze it, and then they get into massive arguments. 

So I let my gut decide. 

I flip a coin, and wait to see which side I subconsciously want the coin to land on before it actually lands. That tells me which thing I truly want.  :)

• 4 years later...

Chemical processes in the brain to send out messages through the neurons that determine the mental processes known as thinking. 

*Cough In other words my head. And if all fails screw it, I’d use my guts. 

Important decisions, I usually stress and agonize about them for a long, long time and then end up being quite random. So I guess you'd say gut.

For instance, I need a new car but I don't know crap about cars and I don't have any strong feelings about them. I just need a reliable car for a good price. People are always saying "research, research", whatever that means. I've been poking around online and everything looks pretty much the same. Decisions are always so hard when everything looks the same.

My head tends to treat everything like a threat, my heart wants to do everything under the sun but my gut tends to lead me through while the other two are still thinking or feeling about something.  I trust my gut more.

Kind of a mix of all three as I tend to put a lot of thought into difficult or important decisions but I will go with my heart if something that may seem the pragmatic or logical decision doesn't feel like the right thing to do. I think I tend to trust my gut or instincts of a situation most though, particularly if I'm torn between choosing between my head and my heart.

I chose Gut, because I think it’s very important to listen to that little voice that tells you when something is not on the up-and-up. It keeps me out of potentially bad situations.

HOWEVER, I actually use all three.

I have a very strong moral code, mostly based on my religious beliefs, and if someone asks me to violate it, I will shut it down. That’s the Heart.

But if it’s not morality related, and it’s not giving me the “DANGER WILL ROBINSON” willies, then I’ll use my Brain. Like, “Uh oh, I’m lost in an area I don’t recognize, and my phone just died so I can’t use GPS. Okay what road is this, what cardinal direction does the car say I’m going, etc?”