Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long did it take you to become a brony?

Invincible

The question i'd like to ask you all today is, specifically, how long did it take you to become a brony after you've discovered the fandom? This has tugged at my curiosity for a while now and i can only imagine it wasn't as immediate to some as it was to other.

My personal input is a year and a half, give or take. I was well aware of the fandom back in... 2011'ish i believe? But iv'e only become a brony by summer 2013.

So how long did it take you to become an avid admirer of all things pony?

I think it took me several months of subtle influencing. Once I watched the show, it was pretty quick. Before that... it just took repeatedly seeing awesome MLP fanart.  :)

I discovered the fandom at around June 2011, but it took me until November 2013 to join in. Even if I did become a MLP:FiM fan around May 2012, it took me until November 2013 to find out that the fandom is not as bad as what I thought.

well theres always that moment when you question your life and all that exists wondering to yourself "is all of this real?" and that's normal. I got over it in about 10 minutes.

I've told this story before, but here it goes:

Over three years. Seriously. I was aware of the show and fandom almost from the beginning, tried to watch the show and wasn't hooked. In the process I had introduced my daughters to the show and they were mesmerized and quickly became pretty die hard fans. MLP was always a part of my household because if this. Also my brother-in-law is a Brony as well.

I didn't watch the show though. One day earlier this year the kids watched EQG in the living room, and for reasons I still don't get, I pulled my face away from the laptop and watched with them. I proceeded to tear the film asunder with my commentary, which paved the way for my kids to go into 'Oh Hell No!' Mode and pushed like hell for me to watch the show again. They actually hand picked episodes. I agreed. The result is pretty obvious.

So yeah, over three years.

• Brohoof 4

Once I actually watched the show? A few minutes. There was months of begging and pleading before that to make me watch it, though. :derp:

It took well over a year. The first episode i saw was "Bridle Gossip" which i didn't really think much of (though i later came to love the episode). that year i didn't think much of it at all until about last summer when i decided to give the show a second chance and ended up watching the entire duration of the series.

One episode and 12 mins to be more precise... Also to get into more detail it was the 9th of september 2013 at 17:37 as i watched the episodes after gettin g home from a long school day =)

post-19589-0-84702900-1418070665.gif

• Brohoof 1

I heard about bronies and then went to watch an episode. And then the next episode. And then the episode after that. Well, needless to say I became a brony that day xD

As soon as "Giggle at the Ghostly" started playing. When I heard that I immediately thought "I can definitely see why people like this".

It's definitely weird to think that I wouldn't even be on this site if I stopped watching the show after the first episode.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

Months of my friend talking about it quite a bit I might add. Once I started actually watching the show I watched the Return of Harmony two parter which wasn't enough to get me into the show but enough to make me love Discord and that two parter and it was a mere matter of maybe a few hours or so after watching some other episodes to make me realize that there was definitely something to this show.