Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long did it take you to become a brony?

Invincible

I am still a closet brony... But if we don't care about specifics, it took me about a year to accept G4 from the first time I saw it. And I wasn't convinced by myself, but rather by Youtubers saying how great and wonderful the bronies were. What I needed were a few key episodes of G4 to really get into it, one being "Winter Wrap Up".

When I first watched the Winter Wrap Up song.  

The instant the spotlight came on and Rainbow Dash sang “Three months of winter coolness” I was hooked. 

Was just too cute not to go check out the show.  And really glad I did.  :dash:

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 1

I discovered the fandom from Acid Applejack. I didn't listen to his music at first but it's been released on a label I've released on and just seeing his stuff sparked my interest, but I didn't get around to watching the show till a couple years later when my brother started talking about it constantly and it sounded awesome so I decided I had to watch it but didn't for a few months. I just started it in January I think and I instantly fell in love with it when I watched the first episode and I've loved it more and more with each episode since.

• 1 month later...

A loooong time. Start of 2012 and towards the end of it. I started out as some angsty edgy teen kid who was an anti-brony cus it was 'funny' to bash people or some other crappy reason. Then I met some dudes who were an achievement hunter clan on Xbox, Black Ops 2 specifically, and I joined, and they turned out to be bronies so uhhh. Yeah I kinda stopped being an ass.

• Brohoof 2

Pretty quickly. I saw the show mentioned a lot on TV Tropes in 2011 between S1 and S2, and when I watched the show to see what the fuss was about I immediately liked it.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

About two seconds into the first episode. :squee:

Yeees!

For me it was the moment when Pinkie Pie appeared for the first time and seeing her reaction! I didn't even realize it was Pinkie Pie and thought it was a random pony until I rewatched it some months later. The whole world was new to me, they were talking about Sugarcube Corner, Wonderbolts and everything - it made me super curious. Ahaha! :wub:

My friend told me about it in June of 2011 and I became a brony a month later. The first two episodes were good, but once I got in the middle of season one I was officially hooked.

Depends on what context we're talking about. How long did it take me to become a brony after the show first came out? About 2 and a half years. How long did it take me after I first found out about the brony fandom? I'd estimate a year and a half. How many episodes did I have to watch before I became a brony? That's simple. One! :ticking:

Keeping in mind that Bronies were taking over the world back in the day, they basically made their own sub-forums on other forums. I started talking on those threads, until some admin/mod told them they didn't want to spend 1000 and 1000 of posts reading about ponies on their forum, and locked it.
I wasn't a Brony, but I was still interacting with them, very early on!

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

"after you've discovered the fandom"? Well, like everyone else with an internet connection, I was aware that "bronies" were a thing almost a decade ago, which for me was high school. Plus my sibling self-identified as a brony back then so it was pretty hard to miss (I need to ask if they still do); they did show me one episode back then but it didn't hook me.

If you mean from when I seriously gave the show a chance and watched it from the top in order without distractions, maybe a day or two? As it turns out, I needed to see several episodes in a row to appreciate just how good all the characters were.

Edited by Ixrec

• 1 year later...

It took me a few months. In January of 2018, I first found out about bronies. Their existence made me curious. On March 29, 2018, I watched the first episode. The next day, after I watched the fourth episode, I knew I was going to watch the whole series til the end! It was on that day when I became a brony. That would make March 30th my broniversary!

On 2014-12-09 at 2:28 PM, ukxRainbowdash said:

Let's see here I found out about the fandom 2 and a half years ago at a break time in school and I watched the show an hour after school finished. After break time school lasted 4 hours add the one hour it took to start the first episode and that's 5 hours, I started calling myself a brony after the second episode 5 hours add 44 minuets= 5 hours and 44 minuets :)

5 hours and 44 minutes?! Wow! That's a world record!

After the second episode so around  44mins jaja

I was hoooooooked

But like if this means getting Into the fandom specifically then maybe a week

Edited by Miss

Saw a couple of friends on another Message Boards I frequented were really into it. Saw the first episode in the middle of the first hiatus and thought it was alright, but next thing I know I just marathoned the entirety of S1 in a couple of days

After I watched Episode 3 or 4 in 2017. At that point I basically knew that I genuinely enjoyed this cartoon. I was familiar with the fanbase for about a year at that point, but that was only through animations on YouTube.