Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a villain immune to magic existed in Equestria?

Lemon Slices

I have another funky idea for a Magic-related villain:

How about a villain who mirrors Magic? :smug:

Whatever spell you cast upon him, he learns it instantly and he can cast it back upon you.

So you would have to be very careful of what spells you cast upon him.

How would you fight that? Muahaha! :mustache:

Hint: You need to think of a spell which will be harmless to you when he reflects it back at you, but actually harmful to him when he cast it upon you. What could it be?...

My ming goes around ideas such as copying his reflection spell to make a reflected reflection  :derp:  or casting a "all my Magic disappears" spell which he would then copy  :umad:  Tough question ;)

Edited by SasQ

Whatever spell you cast upon him, he learns it instantly and he can cast it back upon you.

Hint: You need to think of a spell which will be harmless to you when he reflects it back at you, but actually harmful to him when he cast it upon you. What could it be?...

My ming goes around ideas such as copying his reflection spell to make a reflected reflection  :derp:  or casting a "all my Magic disappears" spell which he would then copy  :umad:  Tough question ;)

i gess that it could be a fire creacher and water would be your anser like a spell that would spill water on him 

This made me think of how Superman has no defense against magic. I really want to know how he would handle having to fight the mane six and/or the alicorn princesses. And that made me wonder what would happen if Superman punched the Tardis.

Well... it would be interesting if they had an intriguing goal and/or personality. Being immune to magic on the other hand sounds like kind of a superficial thing to ponder about.

Unless the villain said "There's no such thing as miracles or the supernatural, only cutting-edge technology!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

I regret nothing!

Edited by SpaceOnion

But when I think of it, we didn't see much of the Unicorns using their Magic in combat as well, besides Twilight Sparkle, Trixie Lullamoon, and of course the Alicorn Princesses. Rarity used her horn several times, but nothing spectacular. The best we could see was when she shoot lasers at the monster dresses, but it was just a dream, so we don't really know if she could use it in real life combat as well. And it's also not very sophisticated spell. It's kind of a waste of potential to me that in a world inhabited with magical Unicorns, we don't really see much variety of spells used by them. Just levitation & illumination, the most basic types of spells every Unicorn learns as a foal. But besides Twilight, Trixie and the Princesses, no Unicorn is really using Magic for anything more spectacular or sophisticated. (Therefore I put much of my hope in Sweetie Belle, since she now terminates at Twilight's. Perhaps she will learn some more sophisticated Magic from her?)

I think there's a reason for that. Even if we assume all unicorns have the capacity to be good at magic, it is a discipline like any other. Just because unicorns can learn a lot of spells, doesn't mean they have the interest or the need to. What you're describing would also fall under the category of offensive magic. Not all unicorns would specialize in that type of magic for the same reason that not everyone in our world specializes in operating fire arms and other types of weapons. I would assume it would primarily be unicorns interested in becoming a royal guard would consider studying offensive spells. They're essentially the Equestrian equivalent of a military force. Come to think of it, we've never really seen them in action.

As for the mane six, despite saving Equestria a number of times, I never got the sense that most of them think of themselves as soldiers or have the interest in military training. Twilight knows offensive spells because she's kind of a Jill of all trades when it comes to magic, largely because she enjoys the discipline for its own sake, and takes any opportunity to hone her skills and knowledge. Rarity on the other hand, is a seamstress. Knowing some levitation magic suits her profession, as well as her aversion to getting her hoofs dirty. For what it's worth, she's crazy good at it despite not having an academic background like Twilight. I'm sure the average unicorn can't levitate as many objects at once as she can. Having a gem finding spell is also relevant to her profession, and we know that she knew that spell before even Twilight learned it as she was the one who taught her how to do it. However, it's doubtful that Rarity would dedicate her time to learning offensive magic as she wouldn't have much use for it.

Trixie is known as a fraud, but in reality she's kind of the Equestrian equivalent to a magician. She claimed to have taken on an Ursa Major, but I think that was just to get the crowd on her side. In reality, offensive magic probably isn't that relevant to her profession either. Illusion spells might be, as well as some rudimentary transfiguration among other things. All of her magic skills serve the purpose of impressing and entertaining a crowd. The average pony may think she's a fraud, but I think her magic is legit to some extent. She can certainly light up the sky with fireworks. However, offensive magic is probably not as relevant to her as it might seem.

Of course, more on topic with this thread, a reason why the writers would have situations where magic isn't always the solution is to allow other ponies their time to shine. Non-horned ponies shouldn't be noticeably inferior to those that are horned. As it stands some people think Twilight's a Mary Sue because she is usually the one to end major skirmishes. Now imagine if magic really was the overpowered solution to everything that it sounds like it should be on paper. Technically there are plenty of spells too that Twilight can use in a situation to end it, but never does. That said, the writers kind of do have to reign it in a little. Earth ponies and pegasi can help too. Incidentally the writers probably have a similar reason for Rainbowdash not Sonic Rainbooming all the time.

Well, I mean, it's easy enough to have a psychic 'blank' that is basically a void. He'd be physically frail but able to protect himself with said 'anti-magic' and would eat all spells cast at him up. Either DA POWA O' FRIENDSHIP, physical combat, or ripping a hole into an alternate dimension to suck him into would defeat him. There could be quite a bit of plays from that, but it would have to be executed properly.

Well, I mean, it's easy enough to have a psychic 'blank' that is basically a void. He'd be physically frail but able to protect himself with said 'anti-magic' and would eat all spells cast at him up. Either DA POWA O' FRIENDSHIP, physical combat, or ripping a hole into an alternate dimension to suck him into would defeat him. There could be quite a bit of plays from that, but it would have to be executed properly.

wobbuffet for season 6 main villain

Wobbuffet_by_pokesafari.png

Edited by Melon Blitz
  • Brohoof 2