Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first posts disappeared.

Imperator Knoedel
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

I'm not sure if this is a moderation or technical issue, but since I didn't get any kind of warning or message I suppose it is the latter. I'll just quote myself from my Welcoming Plaza thread here:

"Anyway I'm kind of confused, I already made two posts yesterday, in fact the whole reason I signed up for this forum was because I saw a topic I just had to reply to. But when I check it now both posts are gone, as well as the post of the OP in which he replied to the first of my posts. I can only see three possible explanations for this:

1.: I broke some kind of rule and a mod deleted them. But then wouldn't I have received some kind of warning?

2.: The OP deleted them. Unlikely as he seemed to be quite smitten by the writing talent I displayed in my first post and said I deserve to be in the featured box of FimFiction.

3.: Somehow all posts of newcomers get deleted automatically after a while if they don't turn up in the Welcoming Plaza as some kind of anti-Spambot safeguard. Grasping for straws here, as why would it have deleted the OP's post to me as well?

Does anyone have an idea as to what happened here? I worked long and hard on my first post and would be quite ticked off if it was gone for good. The thread in question is this one here:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/115405-an-interesting-thought-experiment/

Between Hyper NightFlash's and Colour's posts at the top there should be a whole three posts at least, two by me and one by Hyper NightFlash between them."

Yesterday I contacted Hyper NightFlash and he told me he was just as surprised as I am by the sudden vanishing of my and his posts. I don't see what possible reason he could have to lie about this or delete our posts in the first place, so this has to be either a glitch, a stealth moderator or an elaborate setup for a prank.

To summarize: My first two posts in this forum suddenly disappeared along with that of another user in which he replied to the first one.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Brohoof 2

@Imperator Knoedel, This is strange and I am reviewing the situation. If your posts were indeed hidden, you would (should) have received a PM from a Moderator explaining why. That obviously hasn't happened. Let me investigate what happened and I will get right back to you. It may me via PM depending on the outcome of my efforts. 

• Brohoof 3

@Imperator Knoedel, I figured out what happened and was able to restore the posts. I'll PM you with specifics, but it was a combination of both a misunderstanding and a slight procedural delay. For that I apologize. 

• Brohoof 8

Since Jeric has taken care of the situation, I'm going to lock this up.

If something like this happens in the future, please PM a staff member rather than creating a topic here. Thank you! :)

• Brohoof 6