Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning A idea that I had that I am not really sure if it can work

Trixies Apprentice L

(edited)

So I had this idea for an rp that would take place in a timeline that some mysterious force conquared Equestria in a day.(That not the story just a half assed prolougue explanation :P)

So It will be free in the world while the ponies will try to figure out what happened and save equestra. It will be RPG based which means that I am currently working on a system for it. (For examble you will find weapons suff, looting,(which will be free but aslong as people dont find 1000 bit in dead rats xD), shops, armors,perks(uniques to each character based on how you play and some starters from your backstory)and all that awesome RPG stuff) plus the story is free form which means there will be a general idea but I am planning to make the choices the player make affect it. Think of Mass effect way With consequances and the world responding to what you do.

Now the thing I mostly want to see is if people are interested on joining such a thing cause it will be big :P and because I want help. By help I want someone to help me with the planining and al that stuff.

So that my crazy Idea that I am not sure if it can work. Thoughs ?

Edited by Trixie's Apprentice Leona

So basically like Dungeons&dragons MLP:FiM edition? :3 I'd be glad to help, but what exactly do you need help with job specific wise?

So basically like Dungeons&dragons MLP:FiM edition? :3 I'd be glad to help, but what exactly do you need help with job specific wise?

That would have been an easy way to explain it xD Well I need to figure out a system basically cause well I never did such a thing before :P(Yea pretty vague I know I don't really know the details either that why I said I am not sure if it can be done )

Well it could be done, But if your going to make it MMORPG style expect to have A LOT of posts to document. It's going to have to be really organised as well as have class balances, If one class is too over powered they're just basically going to steam role the game in their direction and everyone else is just going to have to follow. The experience system will need to be planned out as well as have a max level cap, There will need to be different tier level weapons/armor/trinkets (Example: Wooden sword tier 1, Golden Rod of Arcane knowledge tier 7), Dungeons/quests/NPCs/story lines will need to be developed depending on what the play style will be, etc. So yeah... A LOT of work, but if you can find dedicated people to help it would be a huge success,And coming from a guy who plays nothing but computer/console RPG's I think a MLP:FiM RPG thread would be an amazing idea, and my offer still would stand on wanting to help :]

Well it could be done, But if your going to make it MMORPG style expect to have A LOT of posts to document. It's going to have to be really organised as well as have class balances, If one class is too over powered they're just basically going to steam role the game in their direction and everyone else is just going to have to follow. The experience system will need to be planned out as well as have a max level cap, There will need to be different tier level weapons/armor/trinkets (Example: Wooden sword tier 1, Golden Rod of Arcane knowledge tier 7), Dungeons/quests/NPCs/story lines will need to be developed depending on what the play style will be, etc. So yeah... A LOT of work, but if you can find dedicated people to help it would be a huge success,And coming from a guy who plays nothing but computer/console RPG's I think a MLP:FiM RPG thread would be an amazing idea, and my offer still would stand on wanting to help :]

Yea I am an RPG person myself that why I got the idea. I didn't want it to have classes really cause well every char a person has is kinda unique to each own so I though I could work that that depending on how the play and what they do and not on certain classes and not active skills only passive. Yea weapon tiers and stuff would be kinda hard to pull of. I have a storyline in mind but as I said I kinda want it to be consequances based which means a set linear storyline wont work(Good thing that I always RP at the moment I am good at coming up with things based on how the story goes :P) but yea Key event must be planned but be fit for the way people played and yea if people get interested I would like the help. Actually it would be kinda like Fallout Equestria but different story and people actually playing it insted of reading what one peson wrote

I will help if you so ask of it. Just tell me what to do. I can imagine you need quite a few people who don't actually want to play to help.

Not neccesary I actually want to play it :P I am very good at not going full main character syndrom to pull that off and very good at not godmoding

I'll help you come up with RPG stuff if you'd like, from the sounds of what you're looking for I just might have the right ideas for a RP.

I wouldn't mind helping you come up with pony weapons and stuffs too.