Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Like where you live? Why?

Green Precision

The place I currently live in is pretty meh... Could be better, could be worse... I need to get off my but, put some money away, and find a better place to live!

Locally, yes. In terms of weather and state politics, no.

I think where I live is very diverse, especially for Kansas. There's a very good music scene and the community, for the most part, is amazing.

However, I hate the weather. It's windy all the time, super hot in the summer, super cold in the winter (and occasionally super cold in the summer and super hot in the winter), and it's just not predictable at all.

Do not get me started on our state government. It is completely ridiculous and horrible.

Not really. If I want to do anything fun, I have drive at least 20 miles. Here, there is a whole lot of

NOTHING

Well, apart from a road that's actually a blast to drive on and a 1/4 mile oval (not my thing) there really is nothing to do.

I actually live in a pretty good place and I'm thankful for that. There's not a whole lot of crime here and there's way less assholes running around here than most places.

I live in Leeds, England. It's one of the biggest cities in England, there things going on there. It's okay, I'm living in it. There some good and bad things, I like Leeds Town Hall, ruins of Kirkstall Abby and Roundhay Park, and few shops I go to. But I dislike most people and bad memories I had there. I fine living there.

i really hate were i live, it`s to..boring.there is nothing going on ever and if there is it`s just as boring as when there isn`t. that is the reason i lock my self in my room, in my imagination,where anything i want to happen can happen.it is also the reason i became a brony, because everyone thought i was weared not going outside so i looked into things and found this fandom.i like it here. you can make friends anywhere and everywhere.

• Brohoof 1

It's ok I guess. not much happens around here though. I mean I can ride my bike to anywhere in town,and be there in 5 or so minutes ,depending on where it is in town. I live in a small town of 20k people. Our town is also in the middle of nowhere, and surrounded by farmland, amish and mennonites. :kindness:

Hell,  it's not an uncommon sight to see a John Deere Tractor hauling a farm trailer, with 8 or so bails of hay on it through town. I actually seen one today driving by a Dodge dealership today out on my bike.

And thanks to the Target corporation, shutting down all Canadian stores, we now have nowhere to properly shop for stuff, since we don't even have a Wal-Mart.

We've also got a fairly large forest outside of town, which makes for some great mountain biking. I get to see and take in nature, with a 5 minute bike ride out of town. Sometimes I'll spend all day out there, watching for animals, listening to the birds...and just relax. :fluttershy::squee:

So, I hate the fact that I'm miles away from the next town over, which has a few friends in it.and hardly any friends in this town. I also hate that there's no place to properly shop.

But I love the secludedness of being able to take in nature and just enjoy the outdoors. :squee:

Edited by :Flutterdash:

I pretty much hate it here. I live out in the middle of nowhere and I have no high speed internet, no cell phone service, and not close to anything fun to do. The closest town is 15 minutes away and there isn't much there either.

• 1 year later...

I live in a rural area in Washington state and it's quite nice! I'm right by the river so I can watch the boats go by every day. Seriously, if you like boating and a quieter place to live, this is the place to be.

The weather is great in the summer..sunny and nice. In the winter, not so much...it's usually overcast and gets dark at 5pm, which is annoying. Aside from that, I'd say it's a great place to live.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life here though. Staying in one place and seeing the same things isn't good for you, from what I've heard. So I'd much rather travel and see new places, even if I do like where I live :)

• Brohoof 1

I love it here. Tauranga, New Zealand; city of 110,000 people, but this country is so hell-bent on keeping things green and friendly it just feels like a big town. We've got like 4 high-rises total. Weather is good, from a bit too hot in the Summer to nice and chilly in the Winter. People are great around here, it's one of the fastest-growing cities in New Zealand and has just about everything you could want on offer.

I'm most likely moving to the capital, Wellington, next year for university, which is really small for a capital too and a lot of people have told me it's a brilliant little city. Having moved from Britain to New Zealand in 2011, this country is absolutely enthralling. People are great, every type of environment you could think of is on offer to visit and see, 30% of the country is protected land and habitats, and the cities and towns feel safe and friendly. It really is a damned magical country.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I live in Anaheim, California and I LOVE it! There is nothing like the roar of traffic, the booming of distant fireworks and the jackass in the next door apartment beating on the wall to lull me into a fine state of peace. There's always somewhere to go, something to do, people to see, and new adventures around every corner (just watch out for the guys with guns and knives).  :unsure:

The weather is perfect year-round, the air smells like chlorine, and the crime rate is...well, high, but we have nice landscaping and beautified tourist areas to take your mind off such things. There isn't much that you might call 'real' here, but then again, I consider art more important than reality. Life should imitate art, rather than the other way around. If you see someone dressed up in a suit of armor and a tutu walking down the street offering to tell you a joke for a dollar (and the punchline for just 25 cents extra), that's not abnormal, that's just Anaheim.  :blink:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I actually like where i live, since its a very small town.

I like that, because so far i didnt had any Problems with People, since they arent that many here. I like it peaceful.

(edited)

I have mixed feelings for where I live in.

The house I live in has a gorgeous view of the mountains on the mainland when it's sunny, and it's within walking distance to the grocery store, shopping centers and the ferry terminal to nearby Vancouver.

I don't really like the neighborhood, however. It smells bad sometimes because it's near a ferry terminal and a boat docking pier. All sorts of people live here, from friendly neighbors to rude teenagers, clean to messy, it drives me nuts!

Edited by d^_^b

Not really. The neighborhood is nice and all, but I wish I could live someplace warmer which is why when I get my own job, I'm hightailing it to Florida. 

Right now I just dislike where I live...

But I moved back here perfectly aware that nothing would be perfect...I'm just familiar with this place.

On top of this place being too expensive to live in...The people are mean, the people on the bus are rude and obnoxious, and today I was harassed by a homeless person.

I hate my county in California. Santa Cruz county is THE spot for tourists. Not nice ones either; they are mostly from wealthy backgrounds or backgrounds where manners where as foreign as common decency. If the tourists don't make you leave, the local bums will. Panhandling, crashing at parks, doing illicit substances, and littering is what they do the most. I mean, I do love the nature it has in it and I'm sure it would be even better if it wasn't tourist season 365 days of the year.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Washington State is alright. We have all four seasons which is huge for me. I can't stand either all hot or all cold. I like where I live because it isn't a HUGE city, and we live kind of outside of the city, but still close enough? Like... suburbs? but not? .. there are horses next door.. and it's only a five minute drive to like everything. lol. 

It's a nice place to raise my children, quiet, room to run around. Good stuffs. 

Edited by Stardust*

I live in a place near Paris. I like where I live because we're not too close, not too far from the capital, and we have large natural environments (mostly fields). I know there are still some areas to avoid, but people are nice precisely where I am.

I think my perfect place would be near one of the forests of the area. But not really far from where I live today. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I live in Anaheim, California and I LOVE it! There is nothing like the roar of traffic, the booming of distant fireworks and the jackass in the next door apartment beating on the wall to lull me into a fine state of peace. There's always somewhere to go, something to do, people to see, and new adventures around every corner (just watch out for the guys with guns and knives).  :unsure:

The weather is perfect year-round, the air smells like chlorine, and the crime rate is...well, high, but we have nice landscaping and beautified tourist areas to take your mind off such things. There isn't much that you might call 'real' here, but then again, I consider art more important than reality. Life should imitate art, rather than the other way around. If you see someone dressed up in a suit of armor and a tutu walking down the street offering to tell you a joke for a dollar (and the punchline for just 25 cents extra), that's not abnormal, that's just Anaheim.  :blink:

I can hear the fireworks as well and I'm not even in Anaheim  ^_^

No, because this town is wrecked and I never feel safe at night, because there are gun shootings, knife stabs and rapists all over the street after dark, which sucks if I'm going to work night shift and then leave to go home all alone as a sweet girl. I'm strong enough not to be f*cked with, but I wouldn't be able to fight back for too long if something WOULD happen, which sucks.

Also I live at my mom's place where I'm surrounded by a family with mental issues, which tears me down very much to be honest. I just want to get out of here with my girlfriend, but we're working hard to gather money.