Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you Like where you live? Why?

Green Precision

I rather enjoy where I live. I live in a small community where it's quiet and peaceful, and there's not a lot shit that goes on here. If I want to go do something, I can drive a little ways to do whatever I need. Sure, I have to drive for all of my medical stuff, but it's not too far and I'm only a half hour or so from the Transgender Institute, which has been really nice for transition. Granted, I live in somewhat of a "redneck town" but I still enjoy it... except for the fact I'll probably get shit for being trans and I can only use Comcast.

Used to like Puerto Rico. But, not anymore. Why? Long story short, the economy is shaky, corruption is obvious and job opportunities are virtually nonexistent. If given the chance, I want to move to the states, preferably Texas. Puerto Rico is just a disaster in itself, especially from complete, political incompetence to mother nature just making things hell for the people. And this was from two years ago when the slow and inconsistent recovery because of total incompetence due to the electrical company utterly refusing to upgrade to a better electrical grid. Not only that, jobs are hard to find because the majority of jobs lack the English language (and half the residents obviously know nothing about it because they never bothered to learn a new language).

So basically I'm contemplating on moving, just to start a new life around the start of 2020. I used to love Puerto Rico, but due to the current state its living in, I'm already beginning to have second thoughts.

Since I've moved since my last post, I'm kinda ok with where I live now.  It could be better but it could be worse at the same time.  I'd really like to move somewhere where I could actually go to a good trade school instead of going to college, I don't think college is right for me and I don't want to become a nurse like some people have suggested to me.

• Brohoof 1

I do. I have wonderful neighbors and we're really close.

With that said, the woods surrounding my property having been getting thinner as the years go by. 15 years ago, you could fire a deer rifle from the back porch with no problem. Nowadays, it's not safe to do so since new houses have been built. It's a shame to see a once rural area develop some. As much as I love the area, it's time for me to move on.

I recently purchased 50 acres in a very rural part of my state, so I plan to move there soon.

Even though I ultimately ended up where I didn't really want to go when I moved last August, originally we were going to plan to go down to Dallas, but the apartment complexes down there didn't give us the time of day, well the one we actually applied for, oh well, so I ended up in our second choice, Oklahoma City

But, this place isn't that bad, it's still close to where I want to end up, and it's a brand new place, I have visited a couple times, it's not a bad place, other than the drivers >.<

It's a nice central place, my parents aren't too far, where I was born isn't far either, so I can visit family relatively easy. Now that all my family I had all moved out of Colorado, where I grew up. My sister is still there though, Colorado, was a nice place to live and grow up and spend most of my life, the mountains are pretty, but honestly I don't think I will ever move back again, I already moved back once for a while but things are starting to change there big time, will visit, but yeah.

Do I like where I live? Yeah, I like every place to be honest, I have been to all 48 states, and this is a great central place to live even though I didn't end up where I ultimately wanted. :3

I really don't like living in rural Texas, almost at all. Most of the people are nice on the SURFACE (Not when you get past it though!), but that's really it.

1. The weather SUCKS here. Half of the year it's too hot and humid and winter is windy as all f***. 
  2. The people may be nice on the surface, but below that, they are horrible for the most part quite frankly. They're two-faced as can be.
  3. The political climate in this state is ATROCIOUS. :dry: You've either got un-woke centrists who pretend to be woke and vote for somebody like Beto O'Rourke or far right lunatics.
  4. Nature is not all that beautiful where I live. It's more like a barren wasteland than anything. Brown grass as far as the eye can see for the most part.
  5. I just cannot stand living with my Dad... He's a slob who doesn't even try to make life better for either of us.
  6. Don't you just love when people don't shut up about things you don't give a $#!= about? There's a lot of that here for a nerd like me.
  7. Uhm, no I don't want to drink any beer, thank you very much. :dry:
  8. There are literally no jobs to be found, so I literally can't do anything about my financial situation.

I live in a rural area in Florida that is within an hour's drive from all of the attractions in Orlando and also 30 minute drive away from Busch Gardens and Tampa. I'm near everything without having to live in a crowded big city. 

• 2 years later...

It's fine. Location-wise I can't really complain about it, although crime (particularly amongst youth) has been on the rise here (particularly since Covid restrictions ended and people could go outside freely again), although I can't say I've had any trouble. I'd like to move eventually though, possibly to somewhere a little quieter - living in a city is not really for me.

• 2 weeks later...

It's meh. A little crowded for my taste, but I like the mountains nearby and the people are (mostly) nice. Hopefully soon I'll be able to move to a more rural part of Virginia, or maybe Pennsylvania.

Edited by Early Sunsets

I hate where I live even more now than when I originally posted. Really the same reasoning, except for amplified.

The climate is miserable. My tolerance for warmth, heat, and sunshine has gone way down over the past several years and thus the warm the majority of the year including sometimes in winter deal is taking its toll on me. I also need my seasons, it's like something deep down in me. When it's 70 degrees almost all of December and plenty of times the rest of the winter, that messes with me. I'm out of balance. =/

The politics and religiosity are also a huge problem. Things were pretty extreme back in 2014, but now it's far worse. Rights and freedom are in very high danger here if not already gone. Also health. Being immuno-compromised, I know I'm at risk even going to my workplace everyday. There is no sense in this state. It's dangerous. I've got to get out of here.

I do like living in a growing suburb of a city, though. I like not being in the city itself, but having plenty of stores and restaurants around, and being able to go to city if need-be. Preferably I will find someplace similar in a better state. My dream would be a suburb of Boston, but that's shooting far too high with the expense. D:

Poor bassoon horse :wacko: .

I'd say for the most part :proud:. Summers succ and so does the traffic around here, but everything else is aight. Though I admit if I had to pick a place to "start" assuming I didn't already live here, I'd certainly pick somewhere "10 degrees cooler" and not as pricy.

Always liked West, but it's either really hot, really expensive, or really desolate :wacko: .

• Brohoof 1

at first i didn't but looking at things now, yes.
It's expensive over here but at least we have pretty much anything.
I live countryside so nature is nice especially around this time of year!

I don't hate it here, but it does have it's drawbacks. That's kinda expected living in what's known as a holler (appalachian talk) next to a small town that's seen better days. We lack certain services and various items are in the bigger cities close to 50 minutes away. Roads can vary from very good to extremely bad. The politics of the area is something I cannot connect with (personal thing, I know). We also lack cell service in large pockets and the drug problem here makes it somewhat sketchy.

But at the same time it's relatively quiet, the scenery is beautiful, people are largely friendly (with exceptions), and taxes are manageable. Safety is mostly assured (aside from drug problem).

Plus it helps that my mom and I do not owe on a mortgage, so that helps.

• Brohoof 1