Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Are Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling

flutterbard

Who do you guys think they are?Judging by the fact that they have the exact same model as Princess Celestia, my theory is that Princess Celestia is split into two seperate ponies (Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling).

• Brohoof 2

That's a very intriguing theory but I personally believe it's just to go with the Toyline....at this moment in time. 

The fandom I presume isn't ready for another Alicorn princess, I mean Luna barely get's screen time and when she does it's with the CMC and or in dire crises. Cadance has probably had more screen time than Luna and I expect she will in future seasons the way I see it is these princesses are just potential placeholders for either future seasons or stories (S5+ or the MLP Movie), right now I think before introducing any further princesses let's focus more on our current ones and their stories.

But I do presume that we will see these princesses in the future if not it'll just appeal as a toy.

:rarity:

• Brohoof 1

Does anypony here remember Princess Skyla? 

3E88B68750569047F5A676E31B96CC89.jpg

Since she was speculated to have appeared during S3 and didn't, it's safe to presume that the same will happen to these two. Just toy bait for an extra pre S5 cash grab. 

• Brohoof 3

We don't need anymore alicorns. No More! Two was enough. Four is pushing it. Anymore and bronies will riot.

I dunno in the Journal of the Two Sisters it made it seem like there must be more of them , or there was at one point. As the sisters state that's it wasn't unusual for alicorns to not have cutie marks yet (at their age). That must mean there's some sort of "standard" . However it's a bit vague where the rest of them are.

Edited by Lady Leopardess
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno in the Journal of the Two Sisters it made it seem like there must be more of them , or there was at one point. As the sisters state that's it wasn't unusual for alicorns to not have cutie marks yet (at their age)

That ain't canon. As long as it doesn't enter the show people don't really care. 

who are you even talking about?

Hasbro at one point released a Celestia/Pinkie Pie , Luna/Rarity , Princess Twilight/Rainbow Dash(I think..) brushable pack. A couple months ago they came out with two more packs one is with a Princess Gold Lily and one is with a Princess Sterling (according to the label.

That ain't canon. As long as it doesn't enter the show people don't really care. 

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I'd say a book that is a book in the show , is canon. :muffins:  (the way it's written, it's clearly suppose to be the book Twilight reads in the show)

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I'd say a book that is a book in the show , is canon.   (the way it's written, it's clearly suppose to be the book Twilight reads in the show)

Unless the show acknowledges it, it's not canon.

Unless the show acknowledges it, it's not canon.

I disagree that it is that cut and dry. Since Hasbro does have have a canonical librarian like Lucasfilm is, then it is mostly left up to the individual to apply what he wants from the officials sources (Books, Comics, EQG, etc). At this point I consider certain books and the IDW series to be fully cannon. 

As far as the toy line goes, it is a common practice to produce figures that appear in the line but not in the show, from other Hasbro properties like Transformers and G.I. Joe, to TMNT and Real Ghostbusters. Many of these created toys exclusive to the line that never were featured in the cartoon. MLP is no different. 

That Princess Skyla was gonna be in the show was an April Fools joke.

But a tweet on Wiki says that Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling toys was a spoil for next season. Just like the Rainbow Power dolls coming out before end of season 4.

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2014 at 5:06 PM, Lady Leopardess said:

I dunno in the Journal of the Two Sisters it made it seem like there must be more of them , or there was at one point. As the sisters state that's it wasn't unusual for alicorns to not have cutie marks yet (at their age). That must mean there's some sort of "standard" . However it's a bit vague where the rest of them are.

I agree with Lady Leopardess, I have read the book The Journal of the Two Sisters and there were some supporting details in there. I didn't know much about Princess Platinum until I read The Journal of the Two Sisters. If you dig a bit deeper, ( And search within other Canon books!) you may find your answer. I mean yeah Mailittlepony the Rainbow Power dolls were released Before season 4, however, we are in season 7 episode 25 now and we still haven't seen Princess Sterling and/or Princess Gold Lily. Most of the toys that Hasbro has produced are either a new main or cameos. We see them at least once. But like I said, there is no Princess Sterling or Princess Gold Lily through season 1 thru episode 25 of season 7. I hope this might help. :squee: PrincessMoonHoof :) 

Edited by PrincessMoonHoof
I wasn't finished lol

16 hours ago, PrincessMoonHoof said:

I agree with Lady Leopardess, I have read the book The Journal of the Two Sisters and there were some supporting details in there. I didn't know much about Princess Platinum until I read The Journal of the Two Sisters. If you dig a bit deeper, ( And search within other Canon books!) you may find your answer. I mean yeah Mailittlepony the Rainbow Power dolls were released Before season 4, however, we are in season 7 episode 25 now and we still haven't seen Princess Sterling and/or Princess Gold Lily. Most of the toys that Hasbro has produced are either a new main or cameos. We see them at least once. But like I said, there is no Princess Sterling or Princess Gold Lily through season 1 thru episode 25 of season 7. I hope this might help. :squee: PrincessMoonHoof :) 

And no word of the alicorns' fate at this point either :dry: 

I can certainly believe in a continuity where alicorns are "just" a fourth pony race, like pegasi or unicorns.

After all, if the Cakes have the genetic patterns in their bloodline for unicorns or pegasi, it wouldn't be a stretch to believe a child of theirs that got both genes would be born an alicorn (which I assume is how we got mcflurry - unicorn on one side, alicorn on the other, was unlikely she wouldn't be an alicorn)

• Brohoof 1