Banner by ~ The Wife of Hawks

Gaming Have you ever seen a teen rated game advertised on a kids network?

Considering PG-13 Movies are advertised on kids channels very frequently, and since most of the current kids networks target kids up to 14 years old, have you ever seen a commercial for a Teen rated game on a kids network? I remember Jak II had a commercial on Nickelodeon at one point, but aside from that, I don't remember any others.

Register now to remove this ad.

Do you count a network that goes from a kids network to adult time television? Such as CN turning into AS?

No, I mean the daytime side of the channel.

Edited by TheMisterManGuy

I am not denying it can and has happened but I haven't seen it much myself though that may have to do with the fact that if I am watching TV during the day it tends to be either Boomerang which I am yet to see a Teen rated game advertised on, H2 (History Channels sister network) or TBS (mostly for American Dad).

A lot of the time.

But I don't see how it's an issue, especially when the game is something like Ratchet & Clank, Jak, or Super Smash Bros

Edited by Megas75

Oh please, I've seen M ratings, like Call of Duty and a few others....well because probably more kids play Call of Duty I swear... -.- and honestly, it shows a lot, like its trying to get kids to play it.

Thats like the main game i've seen really get advertised.

T rated games are pretty common. M rated games show up or heavily referred to in an ad from time to time. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Destiny have been on kids networks a lot. I saw a GTA V ad once. I don't know why GTA needed to be on a kids network but whatever floats their boat I guess.

A lot of the time.

But I don't see how it's an issue, especially when the game is something like Ratchet & Clank, Jak, or Super Smash Bros

Yeah, alot of Teen rated games are actually pretty tame, some of them could pass of as E10+.