Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

500 dollar pc build guide

Simcity11100

Here we'll be giving a list of part that I think would be good for a 500 dollar pc build and in return I would like feedback on what you think so here we go.

For the cpu I went with a pentium processor, this can be had for around 60 dollars

For the motherboard I went with a Gigabyte H-97, this can be had for around 100 dollars

For the ram I went with Kingston HyperX FURY 2 4 gig stick that can be had for currently around 77 dollars on amazon

For the power I went with a EVGA 500W 80 plus, it can be had for around 40 dollars

For the GPU I went with a EVGA gtx 750ti SC, it can be had for around 142 dollars currently or 122 after rebate on amazon

For the hard drive I went with a WD Blue 1 TB which can be had for around 53 dollars currently on amazon

For the case(without rebate) I believe a rosewill  minitower FBM-01  will be just fine for 30 dollars hitting the 500 dollar mark

For the case(with rebate) I Believe a rosewill Mid tower CHALLENGER will be the best option here which is currently around 50 dollars hitting that 500 dollar mark again

or This case(with rebate), the deepcool tesseract mid-tower computer case around 46 bringing the total to 496 dollar mark

total is about 496 - 500 depending on case of choosing, but there we go, a 500 dollar pc build.

Tell me what you think of this 500 dollar pc, thanks for reading.

Edited by Simcity11100

Seems pretty solid, but is the optical drive necessary? The money saved by dropping it could be put into a case.

Well if you want to watch a movie or put something on a disk or buy physical copies of games then yeah it kind of is, or I think anyways.

Well if you want to watch a movie or put something on a disk or buy physical copies of games then yeah it kind of is, or I think anyways.

Optical media has gone the way of the dodo, at least on the PC anyway. If you really need it, just buy an external drive later. The case, imo, is more important than optical media.

Optical media has gone the way of the dodo, at least on the PC anyway. If you really need it, just buy an external drive later. The case, imo, is more important than optical media.

Ok, well I guess I could take it out and replace it with a case.

Hmmm... hmhmhmhmhmhmhhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhmrmrmmmm...

All right. How does this case look? One of my friends built using it and it's a very nice case for the price.

Yeah I guess that one might be better by a little bit just cause of the price but both are pretty good.

Yeah I guess that one might be better by a little bit just cause of the price but both are pretty good.

All right. Have fun building, and may your temperatures be low and your frame rates high.