Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Very Minty Christmas on December 13

Zekromic

I saw a copy of this a Target a while ago. I'm with everyone who wished that FIM made a Christmas special though. There is the "Hearth's Warming Eve" episode which counts as a Christmas special I guess, but still.

Stopped by Wal-Mart yesterday and I happened to see that and Twinkle Wish Adventure on the clearance rack. I don't consider "Hearth's Warming Eve" a Christmas episode, much in the same vain as the Decemberween toons from Homestar Runner.

I think Hearts and Hooves Day, while not a Xmas special (since it wasn't premiered at Xmas as far as I know), it's the closes we have of it at the moment

Yeah, I think most of us are too disrespectful to it, because most of the opinions are about comparing it to FiM, and obviously FiM always kick it's butte in every aspect. And most bronies don't like it? well, I don't see the G3 staff aiming for it to be more than a merchandise driven show so Hasbro cold sell their toys... for little girls. 

what about hearts warming eve? didn't that air around christmas? or at least feels christmas-y

What scares me about it all is just how much Hasbro is trying to foist gen 3 on the viewers of FiM.  That doesn't bode well as a predictor for where they want to take the series and/or gen 5.  I would not want gen 5 to take any steps towards gen 3 from gen 4.

G3 is on Netflix now? Huh, I may watch 'A very Minty Christmas' again, because of Minty.

When are we going to get G1 on Netflix, I wonder? I want that!

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 1

Let me get this out of the way first: I don't praise Lauren Faust as if she were our lord and saviour. I understand that not all the credit of G4 would go to her, since she only pitched the show, and ran it temporarily.

But because of her ideology, she's probably one of few people who would've made an effort to make MLP any good. Most other people would've just made the equivalent of dangling a shiny object in front of children, while putting more passion into paying their mortgage. It would've been G3 all over again, thus defeating the purpose of rebooting MLP. But that probably begs the question "How is that like G3?"

Very well then. Convince me that G3 is more than what I made it out to be. Prove to me that the characters are three dimensional, and have more depth to them than just liking socks and being "comedically unintelligent". Tell me what makes them tick. Explain to me what makes lines such as "Yes yes yes! My friend Minty sees the world through green-coloured glasses." memorable. Clearly whatever wit it had flew over my simple-minded head. Explain to me why conflicts such as "no more rainbows forever" have high stakes, and make characters grow and develop in the end. Explain why morals such as "everyone is special" or "everyone is a princess" are is on par with lessons of self-sacrifice, integrity, etc. Convince me that there was passion put into G3.

We're not trying to convince you to like it. And we don't compare it to G4.  We watch it for different reasons than why we watch FiM. Just don't bash the rest of us that do or are willing to give it a try. You think it' s about as appealing as snot. We think it's a decently fun & aamusingwatch. You go your way. We'll go ours (unless it's Newborn cuties, then we'll agree with you).  

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

what about hearts warming eve? didn't that air around christmas? or at least feels christmas-y

It only feels like Christmas as far as aesthetics go

I;d love/prefer seeing a Christmas special surrounding mane 6 and their family traditions though

I think I will pass I want to watch each episode chronologically so far I have only seen 2 of the.... 7 I think I forgot how many there were 

I'm gonna try to watch the whole thing. I've never watched a full Generation 2 episode (or whatever this generation is).

G3

Minty makes a cute-as-heck G4 pony! Regardless of whatever her personality is, there is just something about that color scheme that makes me want to hug her! And just imagine her all snuggled up nomming on a candy cane uvu

You mean sorta like this? 

post-18785-0-94861700-1418442679.png

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

Wasn't A Very Minty Christmas one of Mr. Enter's Animated Atrocities? ....This should be interesting.

yes but Mr Enter's opinion does not matter G3 is still good and it is sad to see how blind he is to how good it actually is

• Brohoof 1

We're not trying to convince you to like it. And we don't compare it to G4.  We watch it for different reasons than why we watch FiM. Just don't bash the rest of us that do or are willing to give it a try. You think it' s about as appealing as snot. We think it's a decently fun & aamusingwatch. You go your way. We'll go ours (unless it's Newborn cuties, then we'll agree with you).

You earned this gif

g9S5F04.gif

Because that was perfect.

yes but Mr Enter's opinion does not matter G3 is still good and it is sad to see how blind he is to how good it actually is

Honestly my problems with his G3 reviews is that he does NOT seem like he's even TRYING to get into it. He's blinded by G4 to the point where he can't make even a slight attempt to enjoy the earlier gens. It pisses me off sometimes. He just basically shits on them in a sense, which isn't fair in the slightest, he's not giving them any chances so why should he even bother? Wouldn't it make sense to make an attempt to enjoy them so he doesn't come off as a G4 elitist? That's just me though.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly my problems with his G3 reviews is that he does NOT seem like he's even TRYING to get into it. He's blinded by G4 to the point where he can't make even a slight attempt to enjoy the earlier gens. It pisses me off sometimes. He just basically shits on them in a sense, which isn't fair in the slightest, he's not giving them any chances so why should he even bother? Wouldn't it make sense to make an attempt to enjoy them so he doesn't come off as a G4 elitist? That's just me though.

I agree 110% my biggest problem with that though is he is supporting hatred towards G3 making our fandom seem more hypocritical

anyone who has a problem with G3 I ask them what makes them any different then the Brotherhood

• Brohoof 2

Oh, yeah, sorta. Admittedly I think it'd be cuter if she looked more G4 in that one, but I guess she's pretty adorable that way too. Also if she was nomming more in this fashion....

tumblr_mnxk00BUL21s0sz7go4_1280.png

and was wrapped in a blanket like a pony-burrito (don't ask me why I have this really specific image in my head. I've been doing physics for four hours and I think my brain is melting)

I apologize for not being clear that I wasn't being rhetorical. With that in mind, please don't waste my time with cop-out answers restating that you like it, and don't jump to the conclusion that I haven't seen it. How else would I have formed an opinion on it?

And when in those two paragraphs did I bash G3 fans?

Edited by SpaceOnion

What scares me about it all is just how much Hasbro is trying to foist gen 3 on the viewers of FiM.  That doesn't bode well as a predictor for where they want to take the series and/or gen 5.  I would not want gen 5 to take any steps towards gen 3 from gen 4.

I think all it really says is that they spent a lot of money making these G3 cartoons so they're going to still try to get as much of a return on the investment as they can.

Ehh. Like I said before, I've never seen G3 myself so I don't have an opinion on it. I've seen reviews and commentaries (most of the reviews are negative), but I'm actually pretty excited to watch the movie. We all know it's very different from G4, but I'd like to give it a chance.

• Brohoof 1

Ehh. Like I said before, I've never seen G3 myself so I don't have an opinion on it. I've seen reviews and commentaries (most of the reviews are negative), but I'm actually pretty excited to watch the movie. We all know it's very different from G4, but I'd like to give it a chance.

Meh, I don't live in the US, so, no Discovery Family, so, no Very Minty Christmas for me, and I was genuinely curious about it  :(

• Brohoof 1