Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Are Your Opinions On Arrogant People?

zolfand

I honestly don't understand why so many people dislike arrogant people. To me, I actually find overly modest people to be so annoying for my tastes. People seem to rant on about arrogant people, when it really isn't the worst personality trait of a person ever.

• Brohoof 1

IMO, arrogance is a Darwinian Survival Trait.  If jerks knew what they were really like, they would never dare slither out from under their rock to breed & would die out.  But no, they are convinced that humanity is doomed without their contributions to the gene pool & so the breed persists.

God allows them to exist for the same reason He permits the Ebola virus to exist.

Edited by sweetolebob18

I feel that if you have a lot of confidence and you know it then you should never have to worry about being arrogant. To me, arrogance is the result of you having to prove to others of your confidence.

A little arrogance is fine in some cases. You can be arrogant without being a dick to others.

God allows them to exist for the same reason He permits the Ebola virus to exist.

wut

• Brohoof 3

Dunno. There's some people at my school like that and I oddly find myself to be the only one who really likes them. I think they're funny, well the ones I've met. I usually get along with everyone and if people screw with me I just joke back to them instead of getting all salty.

Ugh. I lived with one for half a year.  :okiedokielokie:

He was... ugh. And it makes me sad because he's a person with needs and wants and problems and good sides, just like anyone else. But his behavior and ways of thinking... I just couldn't handle it anymore. It felt like he was sucking the color out of my soul.  :(

I guess it can be annoying?

I honestly don't understand why so many people dislike arrogant people. To me, I actually find overly modest people to be so annoying for my tastes. People seem to rant on about arrogant people, when it really isn't the worst personality trait of a person ever.

Yeah I agree. It's almost prideful when one is trying to be too modest, like whoever they're being modest to don't deserve the guy's services or skills, if I made any sense?
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like being around arrogant people; they annoy the crap out of me. I also don't think it's nice to belittle others. :/ There are a lot of arrogant people at my school that I have to deal with each day. :/

Edited by JingleSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Don't confuse arrogance with confidence.

^ This is sooo important. There's a way to feel and show security in oneself without belittling others in the process. Arrogance is immature and appears to be a defense mechanism more than anything else. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
(edited)

^ This is sooo important. There's a way to feel and show security in oneself without belittling others in the process. Arrogance is immature and appears to be a defense mechanism more than anything else. 

This is true. I can give a person some room for arrogance if they need a little swagger for confidence. But overdoing it is a personality flaw that should be controlled. It's not everyone else's fault he/she has insecurities. We just have to be patient sometimes while they figure things out. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Arrogant or egotistical people can be irritating sometimes but they're not all bad, I have a friend who's very much that way but he's not a bad guy even if there are times his ego get's a bit too much. I guess a bit of arrogance and self confidence can be a useful trait in being sucessful, I'm kind of more the opposite myself, tending to be more modest, shy and self-depricating.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

They can be quite annoying depending how they act, hell people in general can be annoying, arrogant or not. Ironically, I sometime find myself being arrogant and rude sometimes. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Some people that are arrogant do so by as people have said belittling others. Which of course is not nice, yet someone that's just arrogant as in too sure of themselves I don't feel like it is something that we should dislike them for. Yet I also feel like confidence and arrogance can sometimes be difficult to really see as the full picture. Someone with a lot of confidence and is sure of his ability is confident but they might come off as arrogant or cocky but they are simply so sure of themselves as they have confirmed their own abilities are good. Then you have someone that's just arrogant and believe they know everything.

The difference between confidence and arrogance is one is willing to admit to their shortcomings and learn from them. Whereas the other does not and would if anything be mad at you for calling it out. Do not correct a fool or he will hate you but correct a wise man and he will thank you for it.

We should always strive to increase our wisdom and the knowledge of the world, someone who's arrogant does not do that. The willingness to learn is important aspect to acquiring wisdom and confidence, in your own action and knowledge. 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

Arrogance isn’t wrong to me when you don’t put others down along with it. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and showing it.

• Brohoof 1