Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming any EarthBound players out there!

Ness

on this thread all we do is talk about EarthBound thats it! if you dont know what EarthBound is then look it up its pretty cool! also you can buy it on the wii u eshop for 10 bucks so do that if you have a wii u. well have fun!!!!

tumblr_inline_n8h1jxeI7O1sj04lk.png

• Brohoof 4

Yep, I got a used copy of Earthbound (Mother 2) years ago. I later found out it was the second in a series and played Mother 1 via emulator and later Mother 3 when it came out. I don't think I have ever played a series which took itself so serious yet not seriously at the same time. It raised quite a few philosophical issues that flew way over my head when 10 year old me first played it but I can really appreciate now. 

Remember in Earthbound giygas battle? It was soooo scary. Who is giygas anyway :?

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Giygas

• Brohoof 1

Mother 2 is my fave RPG, and its soundtrack is my fave video game soundtrack.  Just such an odd, unique, creative, humorous, unexpectedly touching, and all around enjoyable turn-based RPG.  Mother 2 is the only RPG I've played where nearly every NPC had something amusing to say, and it's the only video game where I've dug around hopefully in trash cans and attacked cranky ladies carrying grocery bags with a baseball bat.  At least I'm pretty sure...

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

PAULA STOP DYING

I just got Prince Poo in my party. It's been a challenge to keep him alive (especially since he can't eat any food, not even food from Dalaam)

PAULA STOP DYING

I just got Prince Poo in my party. It's been a challenge to keep him alive (especially since he can't eat any food, not even food from Dalaam)

Heh, heh...poo.

I don't play Earthbound, but I have seen MasterwabbitMW play it.

I really enjoy Earthbound and along with Pokémon both are more sentimental and fun to play for me than other RPGs like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Zelda, or Elder Scrolls because both take place in more modern times and you play as modern kids. I really like the urban style of Earthbound and Mother 3 is also amazing. I played Earthbound on the Wii U and I played Mother 3 on my GBA SP in english using a flash cart because the official one is japanese only unfortunately.