Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on El Salvador?

Dsanders

I'm just wondering, from what you know about the country, how do you feel about the economy, the crime rates, and the culture of El Salvador.

As far as the economy goes, El Salvador is becoming much like Greece and I feel that it may completely fall apart in the future. Jobs are so incredibly hard to find over there and the crime rates are among the highest in the world (if I'm not mistaken).

A lot of the Hispanics over there seem arrogant as if the world revolves around them. I may be biased on that one though, since my girlfriend has to go through hell with her Salvadorian family every single day over there. Some of my Hispanic friends here even agree with me. :blink: lol

• Brohoof 1

That entire region is in some serious trouble, their neighbor Guatamala is so far down the toilet that they actually try to flee to Mexico which is really saying something. At least half of it is the drug trade which has lead to serious corruption with cops and government officials on the take and some serious violence with drug cartels effectively owning many of these countries.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I know that all of Central America is home to some of the most remote, harsh, and beautiful rainforests in the world.  But I wouldn't want to visit any of it.  I am given to understand that much of Central America is drug traffic land where you'll be taken hostage, held for ransom, and then disappear without a trace.  I think Costa Rica is suppose to be the most stable and nicest Central American country.  But I don't know how El Salvador compares.

• Brohoof 1

I don't associate El Salvador (or any central American country) with good terms :P. I'm sure without all the crime it'd be chill and all. I wish the best for you and Pink Mist!

• Brohoof 1

My girlfriend has told me that her home was robbed early last year when she along with the rest of her family went to the hospital to get her mother's health checked. When they came back, they noticed that a whole lot of stuff was gone. The worst part was that my girlfriend and her mother used to share this really nice desktop computer, which unfortunately was stolen as well. Of course the police weren't able to do crap.

Some time after that incident, another similar incident happened to one of her neighbors. They had the door left open for just a minute and these groups of robbers suddenly come in and take much of their stuff. It was also confirmed that one of the robbers was a women. So it turns out that you really can't trust most people over there. Apparently these robbers own a big truck and drive around until they can find a random house to rob.

Oh and did I mention that the police don't do crap? ... yeah ...

El Salvador is at least not as bad as Honduras, which is just a slaughterhouse at this point, but that's not really saying much.