Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What insect annoys you the most?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

I mean, most normal "pests" are sort of annoying. Flies, junebugs, mosquitoes, etc... all have their place in my book. Ants don't really though... and neither do spiders, since they kill other bugs.

But I can't stand roaches. They're disgusting, they live in large numbers and they get everywhere.

Mosquitoes can be rather obnoxious, but an insect I despise more than them are crickets. Crickets are often romanticized in the media, often with only one cricket chirping in the background of a given scene at night. Where I live, however, it is more of a ear-grating cacophony with dozens and dozens of crickets chirping endlessly through the night. It gets obnoxious very quickly.

Given the time of year right now, it's summer flies.

Flies that have gotten into the house during the weather. I don't mind the flies gathering around our outside trash bin, since they don't really bother me throwing another trash bag in, but the occasional fly getting into house that won't shoo away and bother me when I'm cleaning up the house.

Flies and Spiders. They have got to be the two most invasive insects on this planet. Hot day and need air? BOOM. Theres a fly in your house now. Have a garage or storage unit outside? BOOM. Spider webs galore. 

Ive had to quarantine half my pad because spiders in the pacific northwest have no chill at all. They will pop up within a day.  Im pretty sure the world would be a better place(at least a little bit) if those two insect species just poof out of existence.

• 1 year later...

Flies are the absolute worst, but I dislike all tiny flying insects similar to them as well.  They never want to leave you alone, and that's just plain obnoxious.

Edited by cmarston1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...