Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on moths?

Hansel

If moths like my bedside lamp so much, why don't they come out during the day? They'd frickin' love it!

hate moths.

They scare me to death! They have too little control over how they fly, and to make matters oh-so-much worse they are fuzzy. Bugs should NEVER be fuzzy! They're like so gross, and they're always running into me during the warmer months, causing me to flip out. T.T

Moths are nocturnal, and use the moonlight to navigate their flight patterns. Unfortunately, our lights confuse them, so they and up flying into our homes and flapping around everywhere. :c They normally calm down if you turn the lights off. 

Edited by Hansel

Unfortunately, our lights confuse them, so they and up flying into our homes. :c

I get that they think it's the moon. But why the hell do they think "There's the moon. OK, tonight's the night! I'm going to try to fly to the moon!"

• Brohoof 1

Moths are all cute and fluffy.   :wub:

I especially like the Hummingbird Moth. They're almost magical (to me, at least). 

I remember seeing one in my front yard once, and I couldn't tell what it was. It was like a little moth, hummingbird fairy. But I knew I loved it the moment I saw it! 

img-3340094-1-article-1211187-031D74D100img-3340094-2-hummingbird-hawk-moth-o.gi

Fun fact: The hummingbird moth's wings are relatively small for it's body, so it has to work really hard to fly around. That's why it flaps it's wings so hard like a hummingbird. x3 

As a bullfrog I have many close friends who are moths and they are just great!
But seriously I really like moths. Some of them are still terrifying though XD the biggest moth I've seen in real live banged against my bedroom window from outside and the noise it made was so big I thought it was a bird

All moths are beautiful.

Except these guys.

These guys are nope.

plume_moth_jager.jpg

As a moth, I don't understand why some people don't like us.  Sure, we ruin old clothing sometimes, but it's not like you were using it, right?

Anyway, us moths are cute and fuzzy, and don't mean any harm, so keep those open flames away from us.  They're just so tantalizing...  :D

Also, it's actually only the larvae of the tineidae family of moth that do that to old clothes! D: #notallmoths 

Edited by Hansel

I like moths, they're pretty neat, like nocturnal butterflies.

I like to think of them as pimp butterflies.

Coming out at night with their little furry jackets, hanging out by a street light. 

• Brohoof 1

After developing a phobia from pretty much my entire time living in an apartment, I can safely say that I hate them. They grow so big and get so personal with you that it's honestly disturbing.

I love moths!!! I love how they're all fuzzy and junk. and don't get me started with they're cute little antennae!

Unfortunately I don't get the really huge moths. just the plain old brown or white ones. I do see Hummingbird moths here and there. (which is pretty cool) 

Don't talk to me about moths. We had a moth infestation for 3 months straight. We cleared out our entire pantry and the exterminator even suggested starting a controlled fire inside the pantry. Moth babies were turning up everywhere. We even considered moving to another house. Eventually, the moths stopped reproducing, and the adolescent moths went into the traps we placed everywhere. We haven't had any moths since, thank goodness.

• 1 year later...

I don't mind moths. They're really just butterflies with plain clothes. They don't hurt anyone or bite so I'm okay with them. They're among the few bugs I'll actually open the door to let out rather than squishing them. 

• Brohoof 1

I actually do find moths very fascinating little creatures and I have a lot of sympathy for them. There surprisingly are very few moths around here, so I rarely ever see any, but if I do I am always cautious with them. Yeah, sometimes they freak me out as does most bugs that decide to use me as a landing pad, but with these I try to pull myself back and remember that they are of no threat to me whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1