Tameless

Have you noticed the massive head shaking in MLP?

Have you noticed the massive head shaking in MLP?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Have you noticed the massive head shaking in MLP?

Okay I know this is strange but while watching some pony episodes with a couple friends from the forums I've noticed there are so many ponies that head shake like crazy. For example:

mlfw3758-1332112891827.gif

twilightheadshake.gif1ec.giftumblr_merm82XI6H1qi6ke5o5_500.gif

I know this is strange but you notice this too, right??

Everything taken out of context can seem weird.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, I notice it mostly since the animation blurs like crazy when they shake and it makes my eyes go a bit dizzy. 

nope_0.gif

Badges

It's weird, have you noticed that many times throughout the show, many ponies make the exact same "squee" sound?

I know it's strange, but I can't be the only one who's noticed this!

• Brohoof 1

Just one of the many cute things about the show. The animation style really helps to make the characters quite expressive. XD

• Brohoof 1

, I moved this over to Show Discussion since it is specific to an adorable animation effect in the show. Also, love the Rarity one. 

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed but I've thought little of it... though come to think of it... it does come out strange... (but adorable)

Its just the ponies being well.. ponies I guess. Animals do like to shake their heads a lot for whatever reason. :wacko:

154106__UNOPT__safe_rainbow-dash_animate

I hadn't really noticed it but it is true. It happens a lot. It's a great part of how the ponies are expressive.

Badges

This reminds me of a song I heard on the radio once....oooh what was it? Oh yes! :D

Well actually many animals that don't have hands shake their heads in a similar manner as that..... Horses specifically will shake their heads if something is irritating that facial area, or if they are mad.

• Brohoof 1

*shakes his he--*

oQSDUXA.png

Okay, I see it now.

• Brohoof 1

That's just sideways headbanging.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen some comments (elsewhere, on Timone & Pumba, I think it was) that animals are harder to show emotions because of lack of facial features.  They've got to work w what they've got. Plus as NyanDash pointed out, horses do shake their heads a lot.  It means "I'm stressed" or "Don't do that (or else)"

I'm not super familiar w horses but I did grow up in the country & learned the hard way "Don't bother Mr Horse if he's acting like that"

No I haven't really noticed that but you're right now that you mentioned it.  Maybe they're warming up for the next What Is Love PMV?  :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

Badges

Yeah, it happens from time to time, but not as frequent as you think like the scrunch faces

• Brohoof 1

Nothing strange about it, it's a natural form in body language in non biped creatures and cartoonishly restructured by the show

I think it's reused animation, kind of like how this facial expression is used often..

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This. Give em a break animation ain't easy kids. Just be thankful they have the thoughtfulness to reuse good animations ;)

• Brohoof 1

Okay I know this is strange but while watching some pony episodes with a couple friends from the forums I've noticed there are so many ponies that head shake like crazy. For example:

img-3343239-1-mlfw3758-1332112891827.gif

img-3343239-2-twilightheadshake.gifimg-3343239-3-1ec.gifimg-3343239-4-tumblr_merm82XI6H1qi6ke5o5

I know this is strange but you notice this too, right??

is this not a reference to real/ponies and horses?

Badges