Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your opinion about China?

Noei

I do a lot of business with China and I like China actually though they really need to become more like South Korea have some freedom and liberties. Who knows maybe not bribe the world health organization, tell people why you are developing a bioweapon I mean all simple questions. Though China I love China, the people are amazing their culture a truly beautiful country and believe me I want China like any other country to prosper. Yet if this corona thing has taught us anything is that there has to be put an end to silencing people, the doctor that first realized we were talking about corona was silenced a man who could have told the world and we would have saved many lives.

• Brohoof 1

China is a beautiful place with a beautiful culture and language and art and everything. Of course as a nation it's disgusting cause nations are disgusting and government is disgusting but as a place it's wonderful.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I can honestly say I don't know much about Chinese culture - especially given that China spans a massive area and would therefore encompass a *lot* of cultures - my opinion of China as a state is, well, contemptuous. It pretty much leans heavily into all the usual oppressions and atrocities of pseudo-communist states, including making as much use of authoritarianism to project an image of control of its people. Of course, that's not actually the case, so it's still just another run of the mill dictatorship, albeit one that managed to amass massive industrial power. In the meantime, abuse of power and corruption is still as rampant as connections to the party, government or really any sort of position of authority can and are used to force privilege or immunity from the law, assuming they don't inconvenience someone more powerful and the "my father is Li Gang" meme that exploded after that particular killing shows just how aware the actual Chinese people are of it.

All in all, underneath all the suppression and censorship, and how heavy-handed the Chinese government tends to be with any sort of medium or large-scale... let's call it non-compliance, like the Hong Kong protests, I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually underground resistance or revolution movements building up as it is. Plus, got knows there'd be a fair share of other nations' agencies supporting them, given how aggressive China is getting economically.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like asian stuff in general and I don't get their cultures. All that strictness, heavily relying on traditions and conservatism, I wouldn't live in such place.

However asian culture surely affected my country a lot

• Brohoof 1

I'll let Michael Scott sum up my feelings about China:

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, while I have nothing against Asian culture (and I actually kinda like it), I'm not too fond on the way China is governed.  I mean, I'm not too fond with the way the U.S. is being governed at the moment either, but I'd still take the U.S. to China any day.  China, as I understand it, has much less respect for individual rights and freedoms, and that's a problem.  Also, I'm pretty pissed at them right now, and I think the whole world has a right to be pissed at them right now, because of their bungling and cover-up of covid.  I mean, if it wasn't for their bullsh*t, the world would have had months more of a headstart on this thing.  But regardless, I'm pissed at them for turning a blind eye to wet markets for song long.  Those things are absolutely unacceptable, and I hope that lesson sticks when this sh*t is over.

The Chinese culture sounds somewhat interesting, and the people even if they aren't allowed to really say anything the government doesn't like, seem like mostly decent people.

The government of China though? Absolute, extremely authoritarian, evil. They covered up COVID-19 for MONTHS and they're still lying about their death and case counts (by a LOT from what I hear) along with what probably is the source of the virus (no f***ing way it came from the market we all know that. THEY DIDN'T EVEN SELL BATS...), they constantly subjugate their own people, and THEY HARVEST ORGANS FROM GROUPS OF PEOPLE THEY DON'T LIKE. They are a big part of why I wouldn't touch China even with a 2000-mile long pole.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 2

i'd love to travel there one day, they have some of the most amazing places on earth, and very different culture and architecture from europe so it'd be interesting for sure

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

Ha I talked a lot about it before yeah and I watch a lot of videos on the topic. Well I don't dislike China and it's nice in someways.

It has a really interesting culture (even if a lot of the older artifacts were destroyed), the food can be nice (but not all the weird exotic animals ahhh) and I know a bit of the language. I also made friends with some chinese people and they are good fun.

As for the communist party that is what I don't like. What they did to Hong Kong removing their freedoms, the slow genocide of Uighurs, what they did to falun gong and such and such. They were also liable for the Coronavirus spreading so much as they covered up when they knew about it for a long time, and they manipulated the WHO.  When people praise China for their response to Corona and say authoritarianism is good we should be more like them, I'm like have you got your head screwed on right. Also be careful with Chinese companies as they are all linked to the communist party in someway because that is how they work. 

Say what you will about their government I will NOT tolerate racist statements towards another culture and the people. Think what you will personally, but like hell I’m letting that stand on this forum.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I've never really had an interest in china, so my opinion is neutral about China

However, I once seen a video about a dog slaughterhouse in china, the video is heartbreaking because it's not a humane slaughterhouse, the dogs are pulled from the streets and then brutally beaten only to be then sold to markets , i'm not going to share it as it DEFINITELY goes against MLPF's guidelines

Edited by HeavenSunset
  • Brohoof 1

I don’t know much about  China tbh.  Their culture seems interesting and stuff. 

I don’t think I’d have any interest in going there or living there though. 

• Brohoof 1

Obviously I condemn the government there, it is shit, but I don't judge the people based off of its government. It is a nation of incredibly interesting history. A place that was in constant turmoil before finally becoming a united land, it is fascinating to learn about. I also love Chinese art and food of course. The restaurants are wonderful. <3

Pisses me off that we've seen such a massive increase in xenophobia towards the Chinese over the past few years. I'll say this much, I respect the Chinese people more than I respect most people in the US.

• Brohoof 6

When it comes to China, I think their people, culture, and architecture are cool.

I think their government needs to go to hell. :unamused: It's good for literally NO ONE.

Aside from the virus crap going on there they have record flooding and are just opening floodgates of the world's largest dam and not even giving anyone downstream any warnings. Also, if their citizens have something bad to say against them they'll just be thrown in prison and have their organs sold on the black market.

Another new development is that they could literally take someone prisoner WHO NEVER EVEN SET FOOT in China. If you said something on social media against the CCP and had a flight with a layover in a country that has an extradition treaty with China, you could "dissapear." Now that's F'd up. :blink:

They're also buying out a lot of rare earth mineral sources around the world that are needed for electronics production to try to get total control over that.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

30 minutes ago, You said:

.and is our own food industry really up to better standards at all?

I think it's fair to say there are a lot of issues with mass produced factory farming.

But when it comes to it in China (in terms of quality at least) they often sell things like food that is literally poisonous and fake that could kill you. Anything that makes money. People look around and I hear stuff like people rather buy from Japanese food shops because they are really unsure the food is safe. They sell like rotten and diseased meat or rat meat disguised as lamb etc.

They also sell for eating purposes exotic animals that are nearing extinction. Wild animals and are lessening biodiversity, the streets and countryside are really empty of animals apart from little lizards and such. They literally kidnap dogs for food (ones that are already owned) and beat them up in the cruelest way because they taste better that way. And they do not have such good disease control.

I think the food quality is way worse in the USA (if we look at that) than in europe and such though, but being from UK (we still have a lot of crappy factory farming too and yeah a lot of farming encourages overly cruel practices which need to be reformed) I would be scared to touch such meat tbh. Since the stuff with the chlorinated chickens and even more cramped pens that are unhygienic, I think they did some improvements within the law but not enough. And more likely to get samonella over there. Generally the food there seems less regulated and less healthy, more artificial. Japanese food (in Japan) is often using US products so isnt always so good either these days, as well as they do use rice grown in places with a lot of radiation. I know that Japan also encourages mass fishing that is harmful too.

Edited by flurry

3 hours ago, You said:

Not saying whether they are better than China - but did you even read what I wrote in the spoiler? How is that humane at all?

Nope, too long

I haven't god the biggest attention span, and I said more humane

Not totally humane

• Brohoof 1

All I will say is, I hope the people in the China voices and needs are being heard and taken into an account. Their government is oppressing their people and all the people of china wanted is freedom of speech and the rights they deserve as a human. That's that. 

Now getting to the COVID-19 issue here, all the talk and pointing fingers at China for being at the fault of causing this mess, is actually leading the people in the US (and the world) to be racist and discriminated towards Asian people. And that make me sick. US media use COVID-19 to propagandized against China, which lead to some people to think all Asians (because hell we look the same *sarcastically) are at fault. I'm not denying China's government are awful, because they are but keep in mind though, the conspiracy theory about COVID-19 being made as Bio-weapon, one of the thing people should take into consideration is that this bio-weaponry were also taken place in South Carolina. So ever thought maybe US are also covering up as well to save their own ass? Heck, Trump still call COVID-19, the China's virus and that's just wrong. Overall, speak as you must against and the truth about their government, but do not use it to discriminate the people there and the rest of the Asia continents. 

• Brohoof 1