Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is currently unemployed?

Dsanders

I'm currently unemployed but I would love to try to get out to get a job.

I'm terrible at talking to people I don't know. Especially in interview situations. Yes I've had a few. And I blew it.

Mainly because I didn't really make it clear about why I wanted the job. The sad thing was most of them were hiring in the positions I wanted too. So I screwed myself out of getting a job. Hell my god awful handwriting probably didn't help either. Oh well maybe after the Christmas seasons passed I'll go out for another chance.

I'd want someplace close to home, like 10-20 minutes away, at reasonable times, and reasonable days. I figure if it's when both of my parents are working my grandparents on my moms side could drive me there.

• Brohoof 2

I was unemployed for about 3 years, and luckily, got a job at Target a month ago

Unfortunately, since I applied for seasonal, my time may be over by January, but with a professional reference and experience at hand, I won't mind trying just as hard to look for my next job

Also, working overnight is a lot more tiring than I thought, sadly it was the only one available to apply

• Brohoof 1

I only work once in a while right now, so it's not a full time job at all. Not even close.

I hope to soon actually get one so I can save up money to get things I need, and things I want because reasons.

I'm an unemployed full-time student. My mother tells me to get a job often, and I wouldn't necessarily mind it. I just don't want to work some kind of fast food or service work. And I don't really need a job until I get towards the end of my college days.

• Brohoof 1

I have some mental disorders that make it kind of impossible for me to work. :/

Though honestly I believe in people being free to live their own way and have careers that focus on the person's passions. Though my passions are art and entertainment, which is extremely difficult to make a living off of.

Being unemployed is a love/hate kind of thing. I love being free, but being disabled is tricky 'cause so many people think all disabled people (especially those who are disabled because of mental disorders) are lying to get free money. :(

I do like having all the time in the world to work on my passions though. I'm constantly in limbo between "this is awesome" and "everyone thinks I'm worthless and should I hate myself or what." >.>'

• Brohoof 2

Well, I have a war in my country, so it's not so easy to get a job here these days.  :) 
Worked only once, for a month or so, in a ressearch facility as an electronics engineer. That place sucked a lot, though I dreamed to work somewhere in a place like this for all my previous life. Science isn't appreciated by people around at all, so usually people like me aren't getting bigger salaries than someone working in a caffe as a waitress, aren't getting any respect. Working an engineer here is the same as working a plumber or a janitor.  :confused:  
Also, salaries here are complete bullshit, you simply can't get here any more than like $500 per month of hard work. 

So, I'm an unemployed right now... And you know what? I like it.  :muffins:
It completely sucked to be obliged to get up every morning and go to work before sunlight. Sitting in the office, making jobs worth your month salary each individually for every day, being owe something to everybody else around... Watching the sunset and still working after there's no light outside the window. Then walking home through the darkness as I walked earlier this morning.  :eww: 

Now I'm free.
When I need some money- I'm freelancing, making jobs from the internet, like designing some simple device for somebody or repairing something.

But for 95% of time I'm completely free, can make what ever I want. Usually it's camping, bike riding, or making electronics projects as a hobby.  :derp: 

Edited by Real Twilight

Unemployed at the moment but hoping that will change really soon.

I moved to a much smaller town and sent in resumes/applications but have not gotten many responses back. I think I think too much able the questions they have you fill out online. Anyhoo since I'm disabled I'm able to get job assistance from a government contracted agency. I am hoping they will find me a job in the legal field . Although at this point I'll take what I can get . I"m avoiding fast food for a bit longer . At  the moment it really sucks though because since I"m staying with fiance it basically means I gotta play house waifu of cleaning and junk till I get a job. At least I get money from the government til I can get a decent paying job. Helps pay the bills.

Unfortunately, im not unemployed.

I work at Taco Bueno. Yes, a fast food place!

I have to work in order to keep gas in my truck. My dad wont pay for gas cause he has his own truck to fill.

He's currently unemployed even though he has a real estate license as he was with JPMorgan-Chase for 7 years and they laid off thousands. Texas's economy is pretty stable.

Im still a high school student. But, my schedule has been pretty chill. Next semester tho is when i need to have more time to focus on homework and not my job. School comes first!!

I'm also unemployed atm. I quit my school a few months ago, and I'm currently educating myself so that I can start my next education with the right amount of knowledge (I haven't had any math in a LOOOONG time, so I'm currently working on that :S).

I'm casually looking for a temporary job, but tbh... I prefer to do teach myself those basic skills that I need. I will start with school in a little bit longer that half a year. In the meantime I AM going to do voluntary work. One of the things I'm really looking forward to is to educate people abou the whole "basic income" idea... That would also allow me to follow the education I actually WANT to do.

Yet, I have to say that I'm enjoying my free time atm. I finally have the oppertunity to put some time into my hobbies, so I don't really feel all to bad. I also used this time to quit smoking, so I guess that is cool :P Anyway, quitting school was the best choice I've made in a long time, for a multitude of reasons.

• 4 years later...