Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like to travel?

J.T.

Do you like to travel? If so where have you been, and where would you like to go?

I'm from Maryland in the U.S. but I've had the good fortune to be able take a few trips to Europe. So far I've been to: Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Florence and Rome.

• Brohoof 4

I love to travel. I've been to 25 of the U.S. states plus Canada and the Bahamas. I would love to visit the UK, Germany, Australia, More of Canada, Puerto Rico, and the remaining U.S. states I've never been to except California and Alaska.

• Brohoof 2

Yep, I like traveling. The most traveling I can say I've done is to Europe (twice), once was for a month (FUN!), the second time for a week (it was tiring).

I really want to do more interstate traveling though -_-. Bugs me that I haven't :/. SO MUCH :unsure:!

• Brohoof 3

I love traveling as it's kinda my job now being a semi-truck driver. The places I've been to is about 24 of the U.S. states, Canada, Panama, Italy, Greece, Turkey, and China. I'm also planning with a few of my friends for a trip to Japan soon that will be a lot of fun.

• Brohoof 2

Traveling is great. Most of my trips have been by car, and the farthest I've been that way is to Prince Edward Island, from Ashland, Virginia. It was hard, but we got to see a lot of interesting things along the way and it was a fun trip. We've also been to our family's little fishing cabin in Ontario a few times. Going again next year. Very relaxing place and driving through Canada and seeing more of it is always a pleasure. ^^

Once I flew to Rochester Minnesota with my parents to visit some relatives. That was my only flight ever so far, but I am flying across the country to California for BABSCon next April. So excited about that.  :pinkie:

Traveling is awesome. Wish I could do it more.  :ooh:

edit: Oh yeah, I've also driven to New Jersey for BronyCon in 2012, Baltimore for BronyCon last year and this year (going back next year too), and I've been through all points between here and Annapolis for random brony meetups. ^_^

Edited by The Snowy Silhouette
  • Brohoof 1

I love to travel, unfortunately though the only overseas places I've been to are Bali and Singapore. They aren't really that far from Australia and are both very similar being Indonesian countries. When I'm older I plan to save up and tour across Europe. I really, really want to visit France, Italy and Germany.

• Brohoof 1

I usually take vacations on nice tropical islands like Maldives and Bali, so I don't know if I really love traveling or just love relaxing  :squee:

Edited by Osiria
  • Brohoof 1

I love travelling! However, the only places I've been to were other states from my country. My family and I do travel by car, however. It's long, but it's more fun and relaxing.

I'd love to go to the US one day. Yeah, the politics there are silly and all, but I'd rather go there simply because I'm the kind of person who wants to see many iconic things, like the Statue of Liberty or the Grand Canyon. My family and I were recently talking about going to Canada in the next year or two, though.

• Brohoof 1

YES!!! <3

I want to see the world one day. I've not just traveled to, but I've also lived in a lot of states. The US is pretty big so there's a lot to see here without leaving the country.

Oklahoma: I bounce around my home state all the time. Usually, I go to my parents house, to my college town to visit my brother, to Tulsa, and my house in Oklahoma City. It's at least a 1½ hour drive to either one of these places without stopping. 

Texas: It's always fun to go to Dallas. But that really is all I've been in Texas besides Amarillo. There's an eatery there where you can eat a 4½ pound steak and a bunch of sides. If you can finish it all in an hour, it's on the house.

New Mexico: There was a church camp at Glorieta. We also went to go see Albuquerque and took a cable car to the top of Sandia Peak. The elevation was around 10,000 feet. I've never been that high up before. I couldn't catch my breath!

California: We went to the mountains at Stallion Springs (population 44) one year at Christmas and went hunting and rode ATV's in the mountains in the snow. It really was one of the most awesome times I ever had. We also went to LA, which was pretty nice. 

South Dakota: Mt. Rushmore is something you have to see for yourself

Tennessee: For my 21st birthday we went to Memphis. Memphis at night is probably one of the most fun cities I've ever been in. 

South Carolina: I used to live in Charleston but we recently went back to visit an aunt there. It's a really pretty city.

I have to wrap this up because I'm gonna be late for work! :lol:

My all time favorite hobby, I prefer road trips over flying, gives me freedom to go off the beaten path.

Nothing like driving cross country through the Great Basin.

• Brohoof 1

This'll be kinda hard to explain but I like to travel by car even though I've never been far away from Croatia (my country of birth). To be more precise, I like it when my parents drive and I chill in the backseat. I like the journey more than the destination and I especially love it when we're driving at night or during rainfall. 

I would also love to try riding in a train. I bet that would feel sweet.   :)

Boats are OK and planes are out of the question.

Edited by Lux Calibur
  • Brohoof 1

I'd love to travel more often if I could afford it.. It's my dream to visit every major city in the world at least once.  :D  I love seeing each cities unique infrastructure and architectural design, as well as their distinctive landmarks. I visited Paris for the first time this year and was totally blown away by it! It's just such a beautiful city, wonderful scenery, and gorgeous food! :wub:

I would like to visit some more places in America though, so far I've only been to New York. Again, a huge difference from here in Ireland, though its a little too fast paced for my liking, and the tall buildings admittedly made me a bit dizzy...

I think next year I'm hoping for Budapest though, during the weekend of the F1 Grand Prix. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yes i do, i wish i had more money to do it more often  >_>

My all time favorite hobby, I prefer road trips over flying, gives me freedom to go off the beaten path.

Indeed, road trips are way better than flying. One day i wanna go to Europe, rent a car and travel all across the continent.

• Brohoof 2

Yes. It is fun seeing different cultures and comparing different cities.

Visited: San Francisco (right next to where I live), Reno, Nevada, Los Angeles (More for theme parks like Disneyland, Universal Studios, Six Flags), Las Vegas, Oregon (Ashland, Medford, Corvallis, Portland), Seattle, Canada (Vancouver, Victoria), Orlando, Florida (Walt Disney World), Scotland (Irvine, Glasgow, Edinburgh), London, England, Paris, France (Went to Disneyland Paris), Dublin, Ireland

Where I would like to visit: New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Alberta, Canada, Toronto, Montreal, Amsterdam, Denmark, Sweden

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I do enjoy traveling.

However, I get motion sickness very quickly and easily. So, plane rides, train rides, boat rides, etc. aren't fun for me...

• Brohoof 1

Let's see:

I've seen the 48 lower states and D.C., spent some time in Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Bahamas. I think it kinda speaks for itself, although I'd honestly rather drive somewhere, than fly or go by train.

• Brohoof 1