Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like to travel?

J.T.

I travel any chance I get. I wish I could travel almost nonstop! I have gone to Oregon, Washington DC, and Ohio. Mostly for conventions but also to just see there.

Oregon is a gorgeous state to travel in. The nature is so amazing.

Not really. I don't like going far from home. I do like long road trips to Grandma's house, but I don't want to leave home to take an airplane all the way to a different country. That's too far from home, the best place to be.

• 2 weeks later...

I Love to travel!
excluding small trips to my neighboring country for gas
i've been in two major 3-month trips to Istanbul and Madagascar
and to europe round-trip (interrail) during which i visited Italy,Switcherland(one of my brothers live there),France,Belgium,Netherlands,Germany,poland,czech republic,Austria,Slovenia,Slovakia,Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria,and back to Greece
and a small 10 day trip to England(another one of my brother lives there)

i also visited abu dhabi and seychelles on my way to madagascar

my next target is japan but its quite an expensive trip to make so it'll have to wait

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
On 12/19/2014 at 3:51 AM, J.T. said:

Do you like to travel? If so where have you been, and where would you like to go?

I'm from Maryland in the U.S. but I've had the good fortune to be able take a few trips to Europe. So far I've been to: Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Florence and Rome.

I do like to travel, of course with regular breaks (I can get horribly bored in cars) and a good supply of food. I was subjected to way more than enough 20+ hour road trips without stopping to sleep during the trip. Also, I usually prefer to eat in the places where I am. It is not economical, but it's cool.

I mostly went around the place I am living in, been to a country or two outside my usual. 

Ideally I would have a small base of operations where I am living and go around and see the small sights. I would find it a waste to go far away only to see the big landmarks when being lost in the crowd of tourists. I am not a hipster craving "authenticity", I just don't like crowds. It would be really cool to have a bigger camper van and travel around and have some kind of job that can support a lifestyle like that. I usually can get well with limited means, if there is something to do and pay attention too. One of my favorite things is just observing the houses, other stuff on the street, the environment. I have a fascination with the infinite variations for the same themes. ie, lamp posts etc. I too like to see designs and try to figure out what things are good for. It is hard to put this into words... Maybe I should get a good camera one day to capture these small things.

Edited by RareGems

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I love traveling by car. Road trips, especially if there’s hotel stops along the way are always sooo much fun! :-D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Oh I love it. It's half the fun in getting to that place. Travel in of itself is key to the experience of the trip, even if it's just chilling on a plane listening to music. 

Half the fun of my first pilgrimage to Bronycon was the scenic drive through the american south, even through the trip was supposed to be straight east from Milwaukee to Baltimore and no pony bothered to check the GPS. 

4 minutes ago, Scar said:

I wish I could. There is so much I would change. 

I would be so stupid, and waste it all just to be the first user on MLPForums B) Worth it

• Brohoof 1

I might have answered this before not sure but I mean I enjoy travelling per say. Not so much the whole process of travelling though, it kind of tires me out honestly I mean I enjoy driving and getting on a plane. Though when said trip starts to take hours and then when you're finally at a hotel to sort of feel you know like you should be there takes a little too. So I mean yes I like travelling just parts of it not so much the whole ordeal haha. I do enjoy the driving and flying aspect of it though, yet when it is hours that can get tedious but driving less so if you are the one driving.

• Brohoof 1

traveling is exhausting but I love it. I'm from europe so it's easy for me to go to different countries with different cultures and different languages and it's honestly thrilling. I adore it. I love being home too though, I'm perfectly content to be right where I am. I also do love being away though, and seeing new places and new views. Those are especially cool to me, my country is flat as can be so any kind of change in landscape is exciting to me :twi:

• 3 months later...