J.T.

Do you like to travel?

I'm not a big fan of it, really. At least, not for extended periods of time. I've been to quite a few places, but I prefer staying at home if I have a choice.

Badges

I travel any chance I get. I wish I could travel almost nonstop! I have gone to Oregon, Washington DC, and Ohio. Mostly for conventions but also to just see there.

Oregon is a gorgeous state to travel in. The nature is so amazing.

Badges

Not really. I don't like going far from home. I do like long road trips to Grandma's house, but I don't want to leave home to take an airplane all the way to a different country. That's too far from home, the best place to be.

I Love to travel!
excluding small trips to my neighboring country for gas
i've been in two major 3-month trips to Istanbul and Madagascar
and to europe round-trip (interrail) during which i visited Italy,Switcherland(one of my brothers live there),France,Belgium,Netherlands,Germany,poland,czech republic,Austria,Slovenia,Slovakia,Hungary,Romania,Bulgaria,and back to Greece
and a small 10 day trip to England(another one of my brother lives there)

i also visited abu dhabi and seychelles on my way to madagascar

my next target is japan but its quite an expensive trip to make so it'll have to wait

(edited)

I'm not a fan of travelling, but due to many factors I barely do it anyways. The last time I had been outside my own country was almost 4 years ago, when I had to stay at a Malaysian airport for five or so hours.

Edited by Cash In

(edited)
On 12/19/2014 at 3:51 AM, J.T. said:

Do you like to travel? If so where have you been, and where would you like to go?

I'm from Maryland in the U.S. but I've had the good fortune to be able take a few trips to Europe. So far I've been to: Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Florence and Rome.

I do like to travel, of course with regular breaks (I can get horribly bored in cars) and a good supply of food. I was subjected to way more than enough 20+ hour road trips without stopping to sleep during the trip. Also, I usually prefer to eat in the places where I am. It is not economical, but it's cool.

I mostly went around the place I am living in, been to a country or two outside my usual. 

Ideally I would have a small base of operations where I am living and go around and see the small sights. I would find it a waste to go far away only to see the big landmarks when being lost in the crowd of tourists. I am not a hipster craving "authenticity", I just don't like crowds. It would be really cool to have a bigger camper van and travel around and have some kind of job that can support a lifestyle like that. I usually can get well with limited means, if there is something to do and pay attention too. One of my favorite things is just observing the houses, other stuff on the street, the environment. I have a fascination with the infinite variations for the same themes. ie, lamp posts etc. I too like to see designs and try to figure out what things are good for. It is hard to put this into words... Maybe I should get a good camera one day to capture these small things.

Edited by RareGems

I do like travelling, but I don't do it very often and I've also been pretty afraid of flying on planes. There are plenty of countries I still want to go to.

I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love to travel.

(edited)

I love traveling by car. Road trips, especially if there’s hotel stops along the way are always sooo much fun! :-D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1
  • Yay 1