Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The science of the elements of harmony

pocketshotgun

Hello

Recently I have been thinking about how the Elements of Harmony would/could do what they do in the show and what is actually happening when they are used, more specifically what happens when they turn discord to and from stone. I have thought of a few possible things that could be happening.

*Transmutation: this has the closest definition to what happens in the show, "the changing of one element into another by radioactive decay, nuclear bombardment, or similar processes." This makes me wonder, could the elements of harmony? use a form of radiation to turn discord to stone? -wikipedia
http://www.sciencenewsline.com/summary/2014120921350029.html

*Carbonization: Since stone has carbon in it and discord is turned from flesh to stone this appears to be a possibility "Carbonization is the term for the conversion of an [/size]organic substance into carbon or a carbon-containing residue" -wikipedia

*Fossilization: This one makes a little bit of sense because fossils are commonly in stone, but fossils are usually just a skeleton and are exceedingly rare to find a fossil with flesh and tissue still on/in it.

As for turning him back into flesh I haven't a clue as to what could do that.

I am not a scientist or anything so I don't really know too much on each subject and I hope I am not just making myself look like an idiot.

Anyway, what process could do this? is it possible in some way? What do you think?
I just thought this was kind of interesting.

Thanks!

Well whatever the process is, it has to do with the refraction of light. You know, because they shoot giant rainbows at things. The Elements are cut-gems, so perhaps they just redirect light in a special way that gives it additional properties? Like converting it to plasma?

Well whatever the process is, it has to do with the refraction of light. You know, because they shoot giant rainbows at things. The Elements are cut-gems, so perhaps they just redirect light in a special way that gives it additional properties? Like converting it to plasma?

Possibly, but can plasma actually do something of that sort?