Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shanks

Thanks to a rather drastic change in my work schedule where I don't start work on most days until 5 or sometimes even 6 at night I have been watching Loony Toons most weekday mornings though of course have seen many of these classics quite a few other times over the years before that. Point being I have been a fan of these various cartoons and characters for quite some time. I especially like Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck, it is hard to pinpoint an exact favorite but I do have a few that come to mind for me.

A Pest In The House: Daffy Duck is a belhop in a hotel, Elmer Fudd is the hotel manager and they get a guest trying to get some rest and quiet. Daffy gets a bit noisy and every time he wakes him up the angry guest goes down to the lobby and punches Elmer Fudd in the face.

http://youtu.be/x9_AVEcqbgE

Draftee Daffy: World War II is well under way and Daffy is drafted, being the coward he is he tries throughout the episode to avoid "the little man from the draft board."

Duck Season, Wabbit Season: One of the most well known Daffy and Bugs Bunny cartoons where they try to convince Elmer Fudd that it is duck or rabbit season.

http://youtu.be/9-k5J4RxQdE

• Brohoof 3

Good ol' Looney Tunes. If only they would play it more often on T.V.

Daffy Duck is definitely one of my favorite characters. I really like the episode where Daffy is trying to skip out flying south for the winter, so he poses as a stuffed duck in Porky's house

Wile E coyote, and Sylvester the cat are probably also some of my favorites. I enjoy the episodes where they pair Yosemite Sam with Bugs Bunny 

• Brohoof 1

There is a Looney Toons marathon on Boomerang today just to let any Looney Toons fans who have that channel know. It turns out that my favorite Bugs Bunny Cartoon What's Opera Doc actually has a live theater performance version.

And I would also like to mention this rendition of the classic Big Bad Wolf and 3 Little Pigs story called The 3 Little Bops. The video quality sucks but is a good one.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...

They've always been my favorite cartoons... Incredible to think many of the best ones were released 70 to 80 years ago, and they still hold up today, in spite of some dated references. :rarity: I remember "The Great Piggy Bank Robbery" being my favorite Looney Tunes cartoon at one point, and as a kid, I was a huge Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner fan. :D

Someone from here (I can't remember who) said they had seen all of the classic shorts. I might do the same this year in honor of the series' 90th anniversary. I have no idea how many of the 1000 I've seen before, maybe somewhere around 600? :dash: At any rate, I would say the 40s and 50s had the best cartoons, the former probably just winning...

• Brohoof 4

Someone is looney about Looney Tune today.... @Tacodidra :bedeyes:

I always enjoyed watching looney toon more than Tom & Jerry. I'd rather binge watch that in cartoon. I also like the new tv series since it still got the humor despite of it being less looney. Space Jam yes, Classic. I wish there's Space Jam 2!

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, Loony Toons, an early furry awakening for many. myself included

I remember a time when like, Cartoon Network was nothing but Loony Toons! I think I've seen all the ones that have stayed in circulation

I've seen just about all the classics, the Baby Loony Toons spin-off and of course, Space Jam.

• Brohoof 2