Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do the ponies deserve Spike?

hironakamura

Hmmm, this has somewhat been talked about here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/17978-dragon-quest-is-spike-under-appreciated/

I think he gets taken advantage of, but it's nothing that couldn't have been seen coming. After Fluttershy, he's next in line on the doormat list, basically. He bends over backwards to serve Twilight, and though she treats him amazingly, to the point of being a sibling or mother, he is still taken for granted, and thusly, made the butt of people's jokes sometimes. I think it's somewhat inevitable with the way he is. He doesn't seem to mind, so.

I've always liked Spike.

(edited)

*sees title*

>mfw

Posted Image

Anyways, I'll make this short.

As a tool? NO.

As a friend? YES.

Edited by NASCARFAN160

Hmmm, this has somewhat been talked about here: http://mlpforums.com...er-appreciated/

I think he gets taken advantage of, but it's nothing that couldn't have been seen coming. After Fluttershy, he's next in line on the doormat list, basically. He bends over backwards to serve Twilight, and though she treats him amazingly, to the point of being a sibling or mother, he is still taken for granted, and thusly, made the butt of people's jokes sometimes. I think it's somewhat inevitable with the way he is. He doesn't seem to mind, so.

I've always liked Spike.

I was looking for something like this before I would post this, but nothing came up. And I agree.

I was angry at how they ignored Spike big time during The Best Night Ever.. it was as if they never heard him, but I know they heard him. Poor guy.

• Brohoof 3

I was angry at how they ignored Spike big time during The Best Night Ever.. it was as if they never heard him, but I know they heard him. Poor guy.

He did play it up like he didn't want to go in "Ticket Master". The girls were all super excited to be there for the Gala. Spike wanted to take them from it to be tour guide.

I personally never really cared for spike and I think it was the way he behaved in "Owls well that ends well" that just really made me dislike him. It's like one of the only episodes I just flat out skip. Despite my dislike of him I do agree that he should be treated much better.

I think part of why Spike tolerates the occasional mistreatment is because he knows he's going to outlive the mane 6. It would be hard to complain to someone when you know they won't be there forever, and even though he would probably make new friends, and Celestia would probably still be around, they're not the ponies you grew up with.

One thing I'd like to see in S3 is Spike included in the picture sent to Princess Celestia in the show opening. A minor thing perhaps, but it would indicate that he's considered an important part of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I'm going to paste what I posted in another thread.

In my opinion, Spike is not treated as a slave, he would be treated far, far worse if that were the case and it would be far too noticeable in the show. I mean, you got this series about love and friendship but you got this character that gets treated like crap all the time, that would be hypocritical of the show if that happened. Also the ponies have shown that they care about him several times in past episodes.

However, Spike's position right now is not good either. He is basically the "extra" friend of the mane 6, he is their friend but doesn't fully belong to them and thats because of the following:

1. He is younger than them: The mane 6 may see him as a "just a little kid" or just "Twilight's little brother"

2. He is not an element of harmony: The mane 6 are bonded by magic and together have saved Equestria several times. Spike just doesn't have this.

3. He is not a pony: And this is a huge reason, as Spike will never be as equal as a pony because he isn't one, and he can never share some of the magic that ponies have. Example: cutie marks.

Also, since Spike's job is being Twilight's assistant that consists of doing mostly grunt work, the other ponies may see him as just the "chore kid" and nothing more, combine this with the reasons above and you'll get a character that is underappreciated and overlooked most of the time (not only by the show but by the fans as well). The ponies may like him and care about him, but they DO take him for granted a lot.

Spike is like a roadie in a band. He does the grunt work in the back while the mane 6 shine in the front.

I think this is building up to the "never take your friends for granted" episode in the future, and Spike is the perfect character for the role.

• Brohoof 1

>Gets Presents

>Gets Gala Ticket

>Number 1 assistant

>Gets rewarded with Gems

>Got a kiss from Rarity

>Gets saved by 3 ponies who risked their own lives....

Eeeeyup.... He's trash alright

• Brohoof 5

He was kidnapped by the mafia and had to escape from italy, then ended up at that donut bar in Canterlot. At least, that's what I think happened.

In any case, I agree. Spike gets no respect, and is just used as a mailbox that talks for Princess Celestia.

I think the way they treat Spike is sort of how some females treat males back in school. I mean they are just horrible to males alot of the time, and it kinda portrays how spike is being treated imo.