Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you stop believing in Santa?

Spikey-Wikey

I guess I stopped believing around age 9 or 10? :huh: I was fairly gullible for a kid and, with no brothers and sisters to burst my bubble, I tended to hang onto childlike ways of thinking longer than average. Of course, I acted like I still believed for another year or so. One, I didn't want to disappoint my parents by making them aware I knew the truth. Two, I was worried they might stop giving me Christmas presents if I didn't believe. :P

I forget how old I was when this happened but one year I snooped through my parents' room and found the presents they were hiding from me. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I was a crazy little kid. One of our family friends, a neighbor, came to be Santa when I was about 5 or 6 years old. He had a good disguise and everything; I didn't recall this myself but we actually managed to film the whole incident. Basically, he came over all ho-ho-ho and I tell him, "You're not Santa... YOU'RE BERRY!" "What? Ho-ho-ho I'm not Berry, I'm Santa Clause." So I just grab at his fake beard, pull real hard, point at him, "You're Berry" and release it back into his face.

I have never been able to rewatch that out of embarassment. But judging from this I don't think I ever believed in Santa.

• Brohoof 2

I stopped believing the moment I read this thread title. o_O

Why you do this?  Why you rob me of my completely reasonable belief in a portly bearded gentleman who flies all over the world - in a sleigh pulled by levitating reindeer, no less - in the span of but a single night, dispensing gifts to all the good children and stuffing the stockings of naughty children with recovered copies of E.T. for Atari?!?! ;_______________;

• Brohoof 5

I think I was 11, the exact year eludes me, but my mother basically brought me to help come get my younger sister's presents and told me then. I'd always had a sneaking suspicion of course, what with my parents always staying up till all hours until I finally went to sleep, and they hated me for being such a night owl and forcing them to stay up so late :P

• Brohoof 1

I think I was around 10 or 11 when I found out that Santa didn't exist. Before then, my brother would constantly tell me that Santa's not real while I listen obliviously.

On a related note, I once heard a story in which my brother never believed in Santa. It got to the point that when he was 7, he told his parents that it was them who put the presents from under the tree.

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember the exact age but when it happened I bawled for like thirty minutes. Even though I was always a cynical kid I believed it with all my heart.

Though over the years I've come to realize that I do still believe. Much like @@Steel Accord, I believe in the concept of Santa and the Christmas spirit. What's more is the entire shtick behind him is that you can only see him if you believe in him so it's impossible to really prove or disprove his existence, especially if he's trying to hide it. I think it entirely possible for him to exist to those who still fully believe in his physical form but for the rest of us who don't or are unsure we can still believe in the spirit and enjoy the holidays and cheer around this time of year. (Heh, rhyming.)

No one can take the magic of Christmas away from one who truly wants to keep it.

• Brohoof 2