Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you stop believing in Santa?

Spikey-Wikey

I never belived in him.

We don't celebrate santa, as a nisse (santa) a troll like mythological species.

They are around all year, they just sit around the barn all day. Why would they care about christmas?

Well Grýla is real, RIGHT?

Edited by Mr. Fluffles

I never believed in Santa. As far back as I can remember (around 4 years old), we all selected presents for each other. One parent would take me Christmas shopping, the other would take my brother. We wrote exactly who the gift was from on the tag.

I believed until last year, actually.

I never really believed in Santa at all, and if I did, it was usually just for the presents.

I did find an interesting video about the science behind Santa, if he existed:

(Note: Skip to 3:04 for the science part.)

I worked it out when I was like 8. Then I worked out that the lyrics of his song are creepy at 11, and didn't want to believe in him.

"He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake" that's the NSA, not a bieng of pure joy and christmas cheer.

• Brohoof 2

When I was eight, I distinctly remember discussing with a little boy in my class how we would catch Santa that Christmas. The conversation progressed, and I guess at some point we realized how impossible it was for a single old fat man to visit millions of houses in one night.

Sneaky me decided to keep up the act until I was 11, so my parents would still get me a Santa present.

I think I was 9 or so when the realization came along. I randomly talked to a couple of people in elementary school, which I had basically no friends there, they asked me if I still believed in Santa, I said basically yes, and they sorta ridiculed me for it. So at that point, I quickly started deconstructing it all and forgot about the whole concept. 

Grade 5. I admittingly wasn't one of the most logical kids, hell, I couldn't even beat the great deku tree level in ocarina of time (the first dungeon.) I didn't have any reason to question it, so I simply didn't. The internet eventually revealed the truth to me, most likely Wikipedia.

I don't think anyone necessarily told me, it just sort of... Faded over time I guess, so I don't really know an exact age.

Edited by MiniKirby123

As messed up as this may sound, I stopped believing in Santa when I was really young. 7 or 8, i believe. It was when they told me taht Santa goes down the chimney to drop off presents and looking at a picture of Santa. I started overthinking and thought well, no way Santa can go down our chimney. On top of that, I already knew that my parents give us the gifts for Christmas because we always buy them and I sometimes cheat on Christmas and peek when my mom's wrapping up gifts. XD