Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Previous Generation Ponies in Season 5?

Dawning Demon

Lauren Faust said during an interview that she would like to include ponies from previous generations in season 5. I personally would love to see some older generation ponies included like Wysteria, Minty and Sunny Daze for example.

What older generation ponies would you like to see in future series if you would like to see them included?

:)

(Online Fan Art below)

post-29157-0-26411400-1419634654_thumb.png

Edited by TheRagingSheDemon
  • Brohoof 2

Lauren Faust said during an interview that she would like to include ponies from previous generations in season 5. I personally would love to see some older generation ponies included like Wysteria, Minty and Sunny Daze for example.

What older generation ponies would you like to see in future series if you would like to see them included?

:)

(Online Fan Art below)

Well, we may see some G3 ponies in FiM, but if you're hoping for G1 ponies, you're out of luck! Why, because Hasbro don't own any of the rights to G1 ponies (with the exception of Applejack, for some reason) I believe that Bonnie Zacherle still owns the rights to G1, but I'm ready to be corrected.

• Brohoof 1

Well, we may see some G3 ponies in FiM, but if you're hoping for G1 ponies, you're out of luck! Why, because Hasbro don't own any of the rights to G1 ponies (with the exception of Applejack, for some reason) I believe that Bonnie Zacherle still owns the rights to G1, but I'm ready to be corrected.

Surely Bonnie would let Hasbro use those characters as she's a good friend of Lauren Faust.

Surely Bonnie would let Hasbro use those characters as she's a good friend of Lauren Faust.

But Lauren Faust hasn't been a part of FiM since season two. In fact, she and Hasbro left on bad terms, due to the fact that despite offering Lauren complete creative freedom, Hasbro kept interfering. For example, Lauren only wanted two princesses, Luna and Celestia, but Hasbro insisted on creating Cadance.

Also Lauren wanted to name the Mane six after G1 characters, but was unable to, as Bonnie Zacherle is also not on good terms with Hasbro!

Well, Minty had a G4 version in the toyline, so I'm kind of shocked that she never appeared as a background character or anything.

I have to feel bad for poor Minty, she was kicked aside within G3 itself, when it was moving toward G3.5 and with the "core seven". It's a shame from any perspective because not only was she a lovable character, but she had a great coloring/design for the toyline. I certainly still have to purchase a version of her from G3 sometime.

I'm still holding out hope that we'll see seaponies and/or flutterponies in season five. Sorry but breezies don't count as flutterponies in my opinion, they're just too different. My favorite was High Flier, although she never appeared in any of the cartoons as far as I know. As for characters that did appear in the older series, Firefly was always my favorite. I know Faust designed Rainbow Dash with Firefly in mind but a dorky part of me wants to see them as separate characters (maybe even related in some way) Lickety Split was also really cute! This song makes me nostalgic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUKJh77bCrI ... and I still love old Spike's voice. XD I know the chances of seeing G1 ponies are slim to none because of the copyright issue but I never really cared for the generations between then and now, G1 is what I grew up with. I'm old. I will say that Bright Eyes from MLP Tales had a very cute design, I wouldn't mind seeing her make an appearance. 

• 4 months later...

I would love to see Minty and Star Catcher! They are both my favourite G3 character... I am still in the middle of G1 and I haven't watch G3 yet, so I can't say... But if there is going to be another Equestria Girls movie, maybe they can bring back Megan, her little brother and Molly. Mimick from G1 also have a very intresting ability. Maybe they can add her.

Are the characters from the older generations supposed to appear in the episode that will be focusing on the background characters?

If you mean any pony, then I only have two episodes to choose from since my favourite pony is Sombra post-28830-0-87867800-1428770358.png

However, if from the mane 6, it would have to be "Inspiration Manifestation" where Rarity went crazy with her new powers to change things. It was kinda wasted for me :/. 

The ponies that you have posted in the opening post are just a little too eye catching to be just background ponies. I mean, just look at their manes and colour scheme. They would easily stand out.

Maybe they could come in as one-shot characters with speaking roles? Like the ponies we had in the premier of Season 5.

• Brohoof 1

G4 needs Minty. I'd squeal if that came to happen. Preferrably voiced by Tabitha in her G3 voice as well.

Best pony needs to upgrade to G4.

Alternatively, I could dig a Fiesta Flair/Cheese Sandwich/Pinkie Pie episode.fiestaflair.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

G4 needs Minty. I'd squeal if that came to happen. Preferrably voiced by Tabitha in her G3 voice as well.

Best pony needs to upgrade to G4.

Alternatively, I could dig a Fiesta Flair/Cheese Sandwich/Pinkie Pie episode.sig-3754805.fiestaflair.jpg

I agree 100%! I looooooove Minty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the most of the Mane6 are partly based on G3 ponies, and others are almost 100% similar to them, like Blossomfort, Sweetie Belle and Scoots, but it would be lovely to have some such as Minty in the show, as they DO have G4 toys there (I own a Playskool Minty  :kindness: ). I'm itching specially for Minty, as there's a fic where she's Rarity's daughter  :squee: .

It seems pretty silly they don't have appeared in the show though, as those would sell more toys of them  :huh:

I'm not art educated or aware enough to know why it is so, but I know it is so. The previous generation ponies just look very young, maybe even babies.  The current generation just looks more mature.  Maybe they drew their faces plumper or something?  IDK.

Still, if they brought in previous generation ponies would they age them up, or draw them the same? 

I did have a head canon that Firefly was an ancestress of Dash

Edited by sweetolebob18

But Lauren Faust hasn't been a part of FiM since season two. In fact, she and Hasbro left on bad terms, due to the fact that despite offering Lauren complete creative freedom, Hasbro kept interfering. For example, Lauren only wanted two princesses, Luna and Celestia, but Hasbro insisted on creating Cadance.

Also Lauren wanted to name the Mane six after G1 characters, but was unable to, as Bonnie Zacherle is also not on good terms with Hasbro!'

Yup! So being friends with Lauren would do very little to make this happen.

There are some ponies from previous generations in the show but they have slightly different designs. I think Twilight Velvet (T.S's mother) is one of them. 

Rainbow Dash is also from an earlier generation of MLP 

Edited by Malinter