Sign in to follow this  
Ziggy + Angel + Rain

Pony fashion is adorable

Ponies in clothing.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU feel about ponies wearing clothing?

• It's adorable.
    • It's morally reprehensible. Just kidding: adorable.
    • I don't understand it. But it's adorable.
    • Was adorable a choice? I wasn't paying attention until now.
    • Ponies should never wear clothing. Ever. Even though it's adorable.

This an especially significant and entirely serious topic that ought to be addressed and explored, at length, by only the greatest minds...  On these forums, I mean:

Ponies wearing clothing...  Is it adorable?  Is it not adorable?

Obviously everyone thinks it's adorable.  Probably.  So when you mouthed "yes" to the above text, you likely thought of a particular pony in a particular article of clothing / manner of dress.  Share that with us.  Not your thought, since modern technology has yet to discover how to transfer thoughts of clothed ponies directly into forum posts for the viewing pleasure of all.  I know people are hard at work on that, though.  I happen to be particularly fond of Rainbow Dash (there's more to this sentence) wearing her recurring cap and whistle combo!

post-26550-0-84307400-1419643881_thumb.png

Because...  Because it's just a cap and whistle!  It obscures as little pony as possible, and it provides a visual indicator of her authority.  Over tornado-producing pegasi and pet competitors.

If we can unite in earnest and delve exhaustively into the heretofore inexplicable phenomenon of clothed ponies cuteness, we can doubtless accomplish anything.

Edited by Ziggy Belongs to RD

To be honest I'm not bothered with ponies wearing clothing. If it's something the show adds or the oc owner has then let them be, I honestly don't see the problem i think its fine.

french_rarity_by_lockiesajt-d4jhg1i.png

French Rarity's pretty adorable. :3

• Brohoof 10

I prefer ponies with clothes. It looks better.

Ponies wearing clothing is adorable! I especially find the Gala Dresses to be adorable. Although my favourite has to be Rarity in a cute pink dress.

rarity_new_dress_vector_by_crimsonbeat-d

I love everything about it, especially the shades of pink, the frilly dress and the socks. I also like how Rare done up her hair. I probably even love it more than her Gala dress. :P This is a wonderful dress that suits a wonderful pony.

Badges

Personally I'd love to see more ponies wearing hoodies

792868__safe_rainbow+dash_clothes_sungla

Badges

I think it's also worth noting that ponies are capable of IMPROVING upon a clothing style simply by wearing it.  For example:

post-26550-0-91763300-1419648985_thumb.png

I've never seen a bipedal, human-type pull off camo nearly this well.  Or, like...  At all.  Ponies clearly possess this kind of power.

I think it is totally adorable as long as it matches the pony's personality. For example, Rarity's "Camouflage" hat totally fit her! However in Heart Warming's Eve Fluttershy had to wear armor, it was a play but it didn't even match that characters personality. I wouldn't mind seeing more fashionable ponies in the future.( hint hint Hasbro!)

Ponies seem to wear clothing in a similar way to how humans wear accessories.

post-31138-0-17298800-1419650784_thumb.png

When ponies dress, they are making an statement. Either they are showing their style or their position/status.

An I love it!  ^_^

Of course Maud's dress doesn't say anything.  :lol:

Ponies don't really need clothes, they just like to play dress up. (Economists call this "conspicuous consumption"  Us normal folks call it "fun")  +some professions need uniforms or protective gear.

Modified topic title for user experience reasons. 

I actually concur, as a die hard Rarifan should, that the clothing featured in the show (a good amount having to do with good ol' Pearl Pone) is adorable. Some of it is downright divine. Ofcourse, some of my favorites have nothing to do with the majesty of Rarity's clothing. Take Rarihick for example:

img-2346806-1-full.png

My first thought was Luna in her cloak in season 2. So dark. So mysterious. So cool! :3

princess_luna_with_cloak_by_ric_m-d50i4g

i think that clothing usually adds another layer of personality to a character.

I'd love to see more of it. I love ponies in clothes, both of my OCs wear clothes all the time. It's a part of individual identity and an expression of personality. I mean, what would Applejack be without her hat? For Wind Chaser, one of my OCs, it's a layer of self-identity that makes up for his lack of a cutie mark.

The only downside is that ponies in clothes take longer to design, are harder to draw, and even harder to animate, but for some characters, I feel that it's well worth it.

This thread is too many adorables. I think I'm gonna die.

Wait, just one more thing to add:

bcaVyCG.png

There, now I can at least die happy.

Edited by Regulus

The rule of clothing in MLP is Rarity, Applejack's hat and whenever there is a fancy do. I think it just refers to the toys where you can dress em' up as it were or you can just brush their mane in their birthday suit :)

Of course sometimes clothes just get in the way...

scootaloo_and_rainbow_by_birthofthepheon