Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How late can you stay up till?

Alex Z

After reading too many creepypasta

That, has led to many sleepless nights for me. I dont know why my mind always loves to read horror right before i decide to sleep. And well, it seems im not the only one who loves to torture oneself with this.

• Brohoof 1

I normally work 3-11:30PM, US EST, and I am usually in bed by 2-3 AM, but have been hanging around until 5 or later. I will sleep until about 12-1PM. I've been off though, and have been staying up until 7-8AM, and usually waking up at the same time.

I've got to start enforcing sleep and wake times. :P

• Brohoof 1

I can usually stay up until one or two in the morning on any given notice, but I usually try to go to bed at 11 or so because I usually have school or work early in the morning.  Longest I've ever stayed up was a consecutive 24-hour gaming session with buddies during summer.

48, maybe 60 hours if I really try... Though I haven't done that since I was like 12... since then I've learned the magic of friendship... with my pillows and blankets. :P

You're so lame that you stay up til about 9:30 and pass out XD but I love you anyways baby

Hmm... Good question... The longest I've gone consecutively without sleeping is 3-4 days. You see sleep and I hate each other so I tend to avoid it... Although I'd love to sleep like a normal person. But I usually go to bed around 10, falling asleep at 3-4 and on school days waking up at 5.

The longest I've ever stayed awake was about 36 hours, which I managed to do very recently  B)

...ended up going to sleep listening to this

with my Wii U still on and a stylus in my hand. :/ Actually, that was last night for me :P

Freshman year I pulled so many all nighters, the longest I stayed awake was for like 30 hours or some shit before I fell asleep in my closet.

Now I'm usually in bed by like 10 PM. Though I'll rarely stay up till midnight.

Being a gamer, youtuber, fandom artist, and musician I have a deep distaste for all things "sleep" related. Every moment I'm awake I'm busy and active getting stuff done. So with all those unnecessary facts out of the way. The longest I've ever stayed up was 96 hours with multiple Red Bull's and Monster's and the longest I've stayed up on pure willpower was 41 hours. My average schedule is 32 hours awake 12 hours sleep rinse and repeat with Red Bull and Monsters occasionally. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back when I slept poorly, I went from 8:30AM-4:00AM, now only stay up to around 1, 2 on a bad day, any earlier and I feel tired. This is proof of science.

Longest shot: 48 and a few hours. I felt so awful afterwards..

Sleeping? Can I eat that?

I only go to sleep when I need to be up at a certain time the next day, and I usually attempt to give myself 7 hours of rest before it. But other than that I can stay up as long as I need.

I do notice it after the 24 hour mark, but it doesn't inhibit me and I can easily go on without worry. After the second day I am noticeably tired, but I can stay awake with constant stimulation.

I rarely get times where I'm up to the third day(due to work and life and not often having a reason to be awake), but I can still function with the aid of consumable energy(although I quit energy drinks several months ago, and haven't touched one since). I feel the wear and tear quite solidly at this point and usually decide to call it in. I then miss the entire next day.

Only once have I managed 100 hours(4 days +4 hours) . I was up for two and some days, and as I was passing the 3 day mark, I decided that I'd bust 100 hours.

I'm glad I did, but it certainly took me a little while to recover.

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 1

I sleep for 2-4 hours at a time, twice a day, so I don't really have an established bedtime.

But there has been a time where I've been awake for 52 hours straight by running a hackathon.

• Brohoof 1

Sleep? Sleep is overrated. I've pulled a few all-nighters before. They're not fun to deal with the following day though, and then your sleep pattern gets all thrown out of whack. Curse these obligatory organic life-form limitations! :eww:

• Brohoof 3

I swear i've posted on a thread like this before 0_o

Anyway, I tend to stay up til 1AM - 3AM. If im not asleep by then I usually just stay awake til morning and wait til' next time to go to bed :P

However this ends in a bit of a downward spiral where eventually all that time I spent awake has to be repaid and I end up having a hibernation period where I will wake up at 4pm  :please:

If there is something important on at school I will usually try to get a bit more sleep and stay on that 1AM sleeping point. Over years of sleeping super late its very difficult to simply fall asleep at 10pm like a normal person  :mellow:

• Brohoof 2