Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How late can you stay up till?

Alex Z

Once, a while ago (i think i was maybe 14 years old, i forget) i pushed as far as 48 hours straight. I recall falling asleep with my eyes open and having painfully sore eyes for a while afterwards.

Realistically nowadays, about as long as i have to. Sometimes, my job requires me to stay up until 7 am the following day, so i go to sleep at like 8 am that day. It gets progressively harder to remain focused and do certain actions, but if i put my mind to it and save my strength for the important stuff, i can totally do it.

Btw: Some tips, if it pleases you...

1. Only stay awake as long as you have to, staying awake for too long can't be healthy.

2. If you DO have to stay awake, don't push too much with energy snacks or drinks, or even coffee, as you'll probably crash hard after the buzz ends.

3. To try and keep your mind going, maybe put some instrumental music in the background (something that keeps you awake, but doesn't stresses your mind too much)

4. If you're in company, try striking a conversation.

5. Stay in a well-lit area.

Those five are pretty much what i do to stay awake as long as i have to.

Edited by Random Insomniac
  • Brohoof 1

Only until ten. >< I used to be able to stay up longer, but I don't know what happened. D: I've tried staying up longer lately, but I just can't seem to do it though. It'd be nice to stay up until about two in the morning. My fangirl crush's daytime is like my night time. >< Stupid time zones

• Brohoof 1

I regularly stay up till about 3:30-4:00 am. Every once in awhile if I've got a couple days off in a row from work I'll do a 24 hour game marathon. I think my awake record is 3 and a half days, but I did take a 20 minute nap later on in the second day. I then passed out for 16 hours which was awesome

• Brohoof 1

The latest I've ever done is two all-nighters in a row so I was probably up for 60 consecutive hours. I studied for a final I needed to ace to pull my B to a C. I did it because I studied all weekend for that test. I only got up to eat and pee lol 

• Brohoof 1

I'm probably the only one here that keeps a realistic sleep schedule or will at least admit it. I only stay awake until 1AM or so. I guess I just need my beauty sleep. And those that are continuously upping it into more extreme amounts like "I stay awake for at least a day", "Well, I stay awake for a day and a half!", "Ha!! That's nothing I stay awake for two days!", "Is that all!!! I stay awake ALL WEEK!!!!", "congratulations, grandma, I stay up as long as I want!! Sometimes I forget what sleep feels like!!!". That's just sad if staying awake is some kind of accomplishment. >_> Maybe find something worth bragging about, kay? Or don't. You're choice I guess.

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 1

I've not slept for a couple days at a time before, but that was in the midst of some harrowing life events that kept me preoccupied or while socializing online and neglecting the time. I'd actually like to sleep better than I do now, which normally sees me going to bed around 1 or 1:30 in the morning.

• Brohoof 2

Holy shit, did you drink like 200 Redbulls?

It was during the Occupy Wall Street protests back in 2011.

I was involved in the local chapter of the movement, and ended up being 'elected' as security for the marches and the camp.

Unfortunately, as I was the only one willing and able to do it, sleeping became a bit of a luxury.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on my mood most of the time. I could stay up for a very long time, possibly a few days if I weren't too bored most of the time, because I tend to go to bed when I get tired and having nothing to do. Of course if I'd really try to stay awake, I'd probably fall asleep in my chair randomly which has never happened so far.

I go to bed at around 2 am every day and around 4 am on weekends, so staying up for a long time isn't really something new to me xP

The longest I have been awake was 98 hours (the idea was to go for 100 but I started to lose the feel in my arms). No coffee, no energy drinks.

Edited by Jokuc

I live in approximately 25-hour days.  I tend to be awake for 16 hours and asleep for 9, so my schedule keeps shifting around the clock.  Right now I'm completely nocturnal.  I go to bed at 10am.  I often get insomnia as well.  I'm a pipin' hot mess.

• Brohoof 1