Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would people really unsubscribe popular YouTubers if they were Bronies?

CupcakeEmpire

I wondered about this when I recalled my first ever Markiplier video (which happened to be "My Little Foundation").  During one of the videos in the series concerning that game, Mark mentions that he's not a Brony and he will never watch the show.  It sprang to my mind that he probably just saved himself from a bunch of people unsubscribing to him with that sentence.  Considering how Bronies sometimes get treated on forums (being banned for having a pony icon, for example), I imagine it would cause a major stink if a popular YouTuber declared he or she had joined the herd.  So, opinions? And please don't say "If they don't like them being a Brony, they'll just ignore it unless it pops up in their videos".  Sadly, that's not how the Internet works.  You can devote 99% of your channel to everything else under the sun, but if a pony pops up anywhere there's going to be hate comments.  I've seen the comments posted on some major YouTube channels that made one (literally ONE) video concerning ponies, as opposed to their thousands concerning other stuff.  Needless to say, there was much swearing and cursing those "dang-blasted pny fgts fr infectin evrything!!!".  

• Brohoof 1

To be fair Mark also mentioned that he has no problem with bronies; just that he has no interest in the show. Considering his busy schedule, I can't blame him. :)

In any case I'm sure some would unsubscribe, but I doubt it would raise THAT much of a stink. Sure, you may see comment wars, but you get comment wars in Youtube on just about any subject or video. Just go to any Achievement Hunter video and see how many complain about how Lynsey sucks, how Ray hates Minecraft & GTA, how Gavin only fakes his stupidity, etc., and see how many replies those can get.

Really, as I said, I don't think it would cause THAT many people to unsubscribe.

• Brohoof 3

If people really like the YouTuber, then I think people would just accept it (ignore it if they hate the show) and keep watching his videos. Just because a YouTuber is a brony, doesn't mean it's going to affect all their videos.

Someone shunning another for being a brony is just unbelievable. Making fun of a show is fine, but making fun of the people who watch it is not.

• Brohoof 2

People nowadays would unsubscribe to users over anything stupid. I remember once ReviewTechUSA put Rainbow Dash in a thumbnail for one of his videos and people were losing their shit over it...

It was hilarious

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

Talking about markiplier the beginning of this video was funny. Although he denies it I still believe it's possible markiplier is a closet brony.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 6

I am sure there are some people that would be petty enough to do that but there are all sorts of reasons someone could unsubscribe from a Youtube channel that are just as shallow. I don't think those people are worth keeping though, I say what I want on my Youtube channel and I have no problem with a civil debate but if someone wants to unsubscribe from me simply because of a reason like that then all I can say is don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, absolutely. There are a shit-ton of extremely shallow people on the web who have unsubbed from YouTubers just for liking something they didn't personally like. Happens to TatsTopVideos for their highly rare MLP-related vids all the fucking time. Pretty sad state humanity's in when the mere act of enjoying something makes you someone else's enemy, but that's how self-entitled gits roll, I guess.

Personally, I think it's hilarious when someone writes an entire wall of text explaining in great detail how "I used to RESPECT you!", as if it's a real "take that!" to the uploader.

• Brohoof 1

To be fair Mark also mentioned that he has no problem with bronies; just that he has no interest in the show. Considering his busy schedule, I can't blame him. :)

In any case I'm sure some would unsubscribe, but I doubt it would raise THAT much of a stink. Sure, you may see comment wars, but you get comment wars in Youtube on just about any subject or video. Just go to any Achievement Hunter video and see how many complain about how Lynsey sucks, how Ray hates Minecraft & GTA, how Gavin only fakes his stupidity, etc., and see how many replies those can get.

Really, as I said, I don't think it would cause THAT many people to unsubscribe.

Funny how you bring up Achievement Hunter. Because look at them. They have millions of subscribers and fans, and two of their main guys, Ray and Michael, are bronies themselves. Both Michael and Ray have openly worn their My Little Pony shirts, and I haven't seen anyone cause a fuss about it. Either that or I didn't see it. Edited by Blueman15
  • Brohoof 2

I can imagine some people would unsub, but really loyal subscribers would stay subbed no matter what. Personally, I was worried about that when I decided to upload my first pony video, but then I decided that I shouldn't care what people think about me being a brony. Plus, I'd rather be open than secretive about it. My channel isn't hugely popular though.

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if people will truly unsub when famous brony musicians leave the fandom. With Alex S still being the fourth highest subscribed former brony musician and many others still being quite high a year or two after they've left I'm assuming the answer is no. To me when people leave the fandom i have no interest in following them further. They get the idea that having a generic non-pony theme to their music makes them more interesting and more popular in the long run but the reason i subscribe to brony musicians is because they channel the show and take part in the community. I won't follow them out the door when they leave. Unsubbed although i wish them best of luck.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

Would someone unsubscribe to someone because they found out he/she was gay? Well of course the answer is sadly yes, their are many people out their that tend to just in general be extremely close minded and willfully ignorant on purpose, and this is the internet, so you could imagine all the trolls would do it just in the name of idiocy as well.

The real questions would Bronies unsubscribe from Youtubers if they didn't like or care for the show or admitted they don't get the whole brony thing?

It depends on the brony. If it's one of those hardcore bronies that get worked up on others opinions, then yes. But for most, they probably won't unless the YouTuber completely hates the show to the point of extreme hatred of bronies. I myself won't unsubscribe because I can't allow myself to separate from others just because they don't like everything I like unless they completely hate me for what I like.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on the brony. If it's one of those hardcore bronies that get worked up on others opinions, then yes. But for most, they probably won't unless the YouTuber completely hates the show to the point of extreme hatred of bronies. I myself won't unsubscribe because I can't allow myself to separate from others just because they don't like everything I like unless they completely hate me for what I like.

The problem is that most Bronies I have meet at lest in RL are like. They have a us vs them look on life and must circle the wagons everytime someone is a part of the heard. Then again I guess stupid is stupid regardless of the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anyone unsubscribed from my longWriter World of Warcraft video channel when I outed myself as a brony.  Part of the reason for that might be because, immediately after outing myself as a brony, I told my audience in the same video that I respect the fact that they subscribed to my channel for WoW videos, so I'll put all and any pony videos into another channel, instead.

I can see it happening.

it seems that youtube is just a spawning ground for haters, and if bronies can get insulted for just having a pony profile pic, I'm sure it would work the same way with a yutuber coming out as a brony.

people can be really dumb, it's just a tv show yet they feel like it gives them a right to hate someone just for watching it.

it disgusting.

Okay, yeah people would unsub but it's the same reason people don't like bronies in person (most people don't) because they don't know the difference between clippers and brownies, this is my opinion, but think about it. You search up bronies and you'll either see jokes about clopping or overweight people drooling over toys, because the internet let's people hide and be as rude as they like :( Sadly the internet aren't as friendly as these forums!

Edited by KiwiPony

Unfortunately, yes. 

Why? I have no idea.

I know why.. Because they can't handle the fact that guys can like MLP so they boycott everything associated with it.