Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your weirdest dreams and nightmares

Flow

I had a very realistic, but thankfully short nightmare last night. I dreamed that I suddenly remembered I forgot to lock the front door while my husband was at work. I went downstairs to lock it, and right when I had my hand on the lever to lock the deadbolt, the door flew open and knocked me down. I woke up shaking after a really large man came in the open door!

I had once a lucid dream. It was so odd, that I remember it still, clearly as ever...

It begins with a scene of people tied up in a row, and across them is only one person, who looks like he's fallen asleep (Arnold Schwartznegger :P). Then the tied up people wake up and see Arnold - and they realize, that the Terminator is going to get them. They untie themselves and run for it. After that they make a big bonfire and start to guard themselves near it.

Almost next to this (this is in a forest) I'm in a cabin with my parents and out schools special teacher. She's telling me and my family that I have dyslexia - it's actually so bad that officially I can't read. I get mad - "Look, I can read this too!" and the teacher just tells me over and over again that "No, you can't". I get super mad and barge out of the cabin. Immediately I know that somewhere here is the Terminator, and start to run away from the cabin, along the road.

After a while I go past a tree and there's the bonfire. I see Arnold against the fire (there was a commercial in the tv, where he walked towards the viewer a large fire behind him.) I duck behind the tree and panic...

Then I realized, that this is a dream.

The next thought was: "F*@&, I forgot to put my alarm clock on!"

Then, I actually - really! - woke up and put my alarm on. In the morning I realized what I'd done!

While my dreams have never really been "normal", the one from a few weeks ago certain qualifies as the wierdest in a long while.

First off, it takes place in a library (I assume it's a library actually because I recall rows and rows of bookshelves), which has several different floors connected by a winding staircase. Then the Cybermen attack. Why? How? Who cares! Anywho, while trying to escape from the murderous robots, my character (who looks nothing like me by the way) gets transported to medival times. Just because. When he comes back, he has a huge sword sticking out of his head, which he gladly removes and uses before plunging back into the huge gaping wound in his skull, yelling in agony as the blade pierces through his brain for the dozenth time.

Eventually he and a group of survivors fight off the cybermen, reducing them to piles of scrap. But as they leave the library, they're arrested by the police who beleive them to be mass murders. Cut ahead about a year and a celebration is being held in my character's honor, who is now in a wheelchair and has a wig to hide the recently replaced hole in his head. Then I have an interview with a reporter, but Charlie sheen shows up and starts interupting me.

But the strangest part of all this (atleast to me)? I haven't watched Doctor Who in months, so I have no idea why the Cybermen were even there.

Edited by PoisonClaw

I don't remember my dreams nowadays, but I remember that I used to have the same nightmare sometimes. I remember is so well:

First I always wake up in my bed. Then I walk into my mother and father's bedroom. But there are nopony there. The room is very dark. I turn the lights on and suddenly there is a very bright beam of sunligt in my eyes. I walk out of the room and walks around in our house. It's all empty and very silent. I am trying to call my father with the phone, but the phone is not working. I try again with my mother, but no. Then my mother, a teacher I had in school when I was very young, and a guy I do not know who it is appears in the house. When I talk to them I can't hear what I am saying because there is no sound. It's like the whole world is isolated.

Then we go to the TV room and look out of the window. We see that there is something behind the trees' far away. It's just white. It's slowly coming closer and closer and we see that it is getting bigger and bigger and it starts to cover the whole sky in white. We just stand there and look, because for some reason we cannot walk. And we can't hear what we are saying to eachother since everything is silent. Now we see that the entire place is covered in white and there is only our house left. It's coming closer, closer and closer. I am scared and I go hide in the closet. I sit there for a few mins but then I see the white covering the closet's walls. Then they cover the whole place. Everything is now white. I can't see anything exept white. I stand up and start to walk (eaven though I was in a closet lol) and I walk and walk and walk. But still everything is white.

Then I wake up. (atleast that's what I think I do in the dream). When I wake up I directly go scared to the window and look outside. And THERE IT IS the white! I can still see it! I shout at mom but the house is all empty. The white comes closer and closer again and there's exactly the same story as before.

It continues like this in a loop untill I wake up for real. It really affected my sleep when I had these dreams. I do not exactly remember when it was but I remember I had them when I was quite young untill a few years ago. Damnit, this thread made me remember this bucking dream! :( I just hope I don't get it again just because of this. Seriously, I do. This was the thing that scared me the most when I was younger. I do NOT want this dream to come back. No horror movie has ever scared me. This dream made me cry of fear sometimes. I know, it may not sound that bad, but it really was.

TL;DR

I used to have a looping nightmare about the whole world becoming white.

Edited by Jokuc

Well it started out normally, a friend invited me over for a birthday party, I said yes and came other....

then things got fucked up.... pretty bad.

Well firstly we were in FREAKING MASHMALLOW LAND, and then we're playing games and this FREAKING MURDERIOUS UNICORN, MISSING A LEG COMES RUNNING UP A CHOCOLATE HILL WITH A KNIFE WTF, THEN THIS GUY TRIES TO SAVE US BY USING A CATAPULT..

The rest is blurry but I do remember for some reason we dressed in tuxedo suits, now this I can live with.

For some reason I was being chased by Darth Vader. I was near my nan's house so I started trying to run there. Running was almost impossible, and I couldn't walk fast either. But I eventually made it and at my nan's house was Yoda. I guess that was the safe zone as I woke up after.

I played too much Star Wars Battlefront II back in the day.

Edited by Celestia'sScribe

I had a dream last night that a bunch of current and former presidential candidates were fighting to the death in a Super Smash Bro's style game... We had Romney, Obama, Cain, and Ron Paul... it was kinda interesting. Herman Cain kept throwing pizzas...

• Brohoof 1

I was being chased by a robot deer then i fell down a hole and ended up in germany. then some random guy said that darth vader was going to steal all the telephones. the end.

Spoiler: This dream contains both ponies and a short lucid dreaming experience. You have been warned/enticed.

Took me an hour to type this all out... whew. Here is my dream from this past night, to the best of my recollection. I started writing this immediately after I woke up, while it was still fresh in my mind:

Spoilers for boring part; feel free to skip.

I had left both my keys in the apartment. I wandered the mall until I came across the supermarket section, where my mother was working as a bagger. I told her of my situation, and how I was locked out from the room without my key and wallet. Worst of all, I was wearing Super Mario pajama bottoms.

I asked her if she could go up to the apartment and get my key for me; I'd left it on the windowsill, I said. She said she was too busy bagging groceries. Eventually she decided that I could just bag the groceries for her while she went to go get the key.

Bagging the groceries was... odd. The products were placed on a conveyor belt, but I was supposed to bag them before they reached the end of the conveyor belt. That meant everything was moving around while I was trying to do my job, and you can imagine the impact this had upon my performance.

After being the worlds worst bagger for a few minutes, my mother returned, telling me that she was unable to find the key. I reiterated that it was on the windowsill, but she didn't have time to check again. I was on my own.

I walked through the mall in my pajama pants, lamenting my situation. No wallet, no key, nothing to do.

Wait... I was dreaming. This was all a dream.

The world around me grew white and hazy as I came to this realization.

No, I don't want to wake up yet! I want to remain asleep!

I was suddenly in complete control of my actions, walking through a white void. Movement was slow, as if underwater; this same feeling has accompanied me through every lucid dreaming experience.

Now that I was in control, it was time to start affecting the course of the dream. I tried to think of what I wanted to do more than anything else. The answer came to me in a flash. I closed my eyes and concentrated.

Well, hello Fluttershy. You are looking adorable as always. How about a hug?

Yes, that's right. I got to hug a life-size Fluttershy in my dream. Jealous?

Unfortunately, that's about where my control of the dream ended. I now found myself in a vast green, cartoonish field. I lost the knowledge that I was dreaming, and morphed into an anthropomorphic cat creature.

Details begin to get hazy around this point, but I believe that I stumbled upon a temple where a loud booming voice told me that I was the chosen one. I went further into the temple and found myself in a realm of floating platforms; some were made of grass and dirt, while others of black obsidian. White rectangles floated among the clouds, as well as other weird shapes most often associated with technology.

I eventually left this place, and found myself in a new world. This world was a barren wasteland, inhabited by tiny pig people that looked similar to Peej from “Beyond Good and Evil”. I was promoted to become a leader of their people, and I somehow rose an army of thousands.

We attacked the evil Wizard's fortress. He had been the one to destroy this one beautiful land, after all. The pigs and I rode on the backs of white wooly mammoths. I could see the Wizard himself; it was Sarumon from the “Lord of the Rings” films.

Then, a rain of black arrows shot through my army. The arrows flew through the ranks, killing the pig creatures and the mammoths instantly. I did not die during the volley though; I had turned into Zim from “Invader Zim”, and was too busy laughing at the foolish wizard to notice that over half of my army had been killed in seconds.

Once I noticed this though, I knew we were in deep trouble. Sarumon entered the castle, stopping the arrow spell that he had been shooting from his fingertips. What remained of my army entered the castle, leaving our mammoths behind.

We were all in the Wizard's own home. The inside looked nothing like a castle, more resembling a fancy house than anything else. The pig soldiers and I were afraid to encounter Sarumon, but we knew we had to take him out. Perhaps being discreet was the way to go.

I walked into a room and saw a green vial next to two cups, one of which had a straw. I heard disembodied voices of two of my pig soldiers talking about whether it was morally right to poison someone or not; I suppose they were acting as my moral guides. I took the vial, and heard a riddle.

“The ones who are hole shall be whole.”

I may be remembering the words wrong, but the message was the same. The goblets in the house which had straws had “holes” in the straws, and those goblets must be made “whole” by filling their contents with the poison in the green vial.

I managed to fill only two cups in the house before I heard the wizard approach. I suddenly felt very small, and when I left the room I was currently in to go down the hallway to a different room, the hallway was humongous, and numerous toy soldiers blocked my path. They all marched in a particular rhythm and pattern though, which made it easy to get past. I entered another door, growing to full size.

Sarumon was close after me. I hid inside the closet but didn't have time to close the door after me; I simply pressed myself against the side wall and hoped that I would not be seen. I could hear the wizard bellowing angrily, coming closer, and then moving farther away. After a few tense minutes, I could hear him no longer.

Had he drank the poison? I hadn't filled all the goblets yet, but perhaps one was enough. I warily left the closet and walked back down the hall. The disembodied voice that I'd heard in the temple before I entered this world of wizards and pig-men spoke to me again.

“Be wary of the pigs. Oh, the follow of those who stoop to the lows of their enemies.”

Those were not the true words; the real words were much more dramatic and cryptic. Again I was set on edge, but only momentarily.

I exited the house/castle and found a party being thrown on the Wizard's doorstep. The world was much more colorful than before. The pigs were all cheering, now grown to full size. Sarumon was nailed to a piece of wood, battered and sliced almost beyond recognition. One of the pigs approached me; he was covered in blood and gore.

He thanked me for all of my help; I smiled and told him that he was welcome.

I was a bit afraid of these pigs, both from seeing what they had done to the already dead wizard, and what the voice had told me earlier. I decided it was time to head back home. I asked the pig which way it was to the portal from where I'd came from. He told me that I only needed to head south, and I'd find the exit soon.

I followed his directions, and fell down a pit and into a portal. I found myself back in the floating platform world. I was now distinctly seeing things from a first person perspective, as well. Amazing music began to play, slightly orchestral in nature. I began to tear up, and thought to myself, “Surely, this is one of the best videogames I have ever played.”

I made my way across the platforms again, having some difficulty with the smooth obsidian platforms which rotated as they moved through the sky. But before long, I exited the realm and ended up back where I belonged, in the “real world” or whatever it might have been.

I walked through the green grass. Though I had somehow bypassed the temple on my way back to my homeland, I heard the same disembodied voice speak to me.

“You have done well, hero. However, the pigs have become a murderous race. They have already tainted their land once again. Only you can stop them now.”

I stood still, wondering if it was worth it. To risk my life to take the lives of others, others that I had fought alongside merely minutes ago.

That world needed a hero. That world needed me.

I turned back to the portal. My job wasn't done yet.

… And that's when I woke up.

THE END

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, that's right. I got to hug a life-size Fluttershy in my dream. Jealous?

Yeah, I'm jealous, but not because of that. I'm jealous because even your dream sequences are well written and readable. :lol:

That was so vividly communicated that i feel like some type of stalker for reading it. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

How the hay do you remember your dreams so clearly...?

My mind is like a hole, and everything I dream falls out when I wake up.

And yes, I am jelly.Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

This is just a little thing I wanna talk about.

Earlier today I had an odd dream.

The Dream

Basically, this took place in the future where me and RKA (and some other random members from the forums) hang out a lot - a shopping centre - and talk with each other a lot. Out of nowhere we hear a smashing sound. We look over the side of the barrier and saw zombies on the bottom floor attacking people. Out of nowhere random ladders start appearing to floors we never even knew existed. After we got up to the higher floors the ladders started to disappearing just as randomly as they appeared. About 25 percent of the people who didn't make it up the ladder turned into TOY STORY TOYS (That move, just like in the movies. And yes, I am being DEAD SERIOUS). We saw zombies attacking the remaining people. We heard deafening screams from both the zombies and humans. After a while we realised we had to escape somehow. Me and RKA were talking for a bit of time then stared at Feld0 (Yes, he was there. Remember my previous comment? Oh and 1 little thing. Not all the members from the forums that were there made it up the ladders). WARNING. IF YOU LIKE FELD0 YOU MAY NOT LIKE THIS PART: We chucked Feld0 outside and sacrificed him to the zombies. The remaining zombies all piled around Feld0 and chewed on him a lot. This gave us and the remaining few people enough time to escape. Although some of us didn't run from that floor. The ones who didn't run from the floor had the walls close in on them making the floors impossible to escape and they slowly got crushed in that floor as the walls slowly closed in on them. As we all were running from the zombies to the exit.. some zombies started picking off the remaining few one by one. It ended up with only me and RKA left. RKA got bitten in the leg but we made it to the car. We decided to chop off RKA's bitten part of the leg but he got one of those robot leg things from the hospital when we got to a different town.

END

So yeah. Have any of you had any weird dreams possibly like that? Or weird in general? Post. Replies. About. This. I want to see if I'm not the only one..

- Derpy.H

• Brohoof 4

One does not simply kill feld0. OT: i had one where i was on a football field and migits ran onto the field and started eating each other. the bodies and blood made a pentagram and turned into a demon and killed me.

Edited by Finesthour

My brain is is like Equestria when Discord ruled, So I selected every option (Except normal and Unknown).

It has everything going on from fun things to disturbing things.

I once had a dream where two guys were in a floating cave collecting gems and the gems then turned into a dragon and killed both of the guys, then the cave exploded and two coffins fell down to the middle of Egypt in the river of Nile.

Edited by AceCord

One does not simply kill feld0. OT: i had one where i was on a football field and migits ran onto the field and started eating each other. the bodies and blood made a pentagram and turned into a demon and killed me.

My brain, my rules. And.. that is definitely an odd dream.

My weirdest dream: I had sex with a lizard. But don't worry, I was a lizard too. And we were ROBOTIC lizards.

That scares me more than thinking of T-rex Sex.

i dont dream often, but here are a couple from a while ago:

A hero from a child's book my mom read to me (this was when i was about 5) jumped the fence and into the house. Everyone in the house, except him, began to panic and proceeded to run to the streets. So i set off to find them, i only found my little brother, he was wearing rags and was sitting next to a street light with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. He was 3 years old at that time :o

I also had a dream where i was in the trenches and there were rifles... Somehow i managed to get shot in the head and neck, by arrows! The field medics were taking too long to get to me so i decided to break the arrows and pull them out.

I just had a disturbing dream too! It was the inspiration to my lastest sketched work Marionette! I think I'm gonna make her into a OC and fill her in a role.

That was actually wonderful work you did, drawing that. Can't wait to see your dream-based role for her :P

That was actually wonderful work you did, drawing that. Can't wait to see your dream-based role for her :P

Ohh you should see the Derpy inspired Unicorn pony I made, I'll give you a sneak peak at Spin Top

Posted Image

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 2

My brain is definitely possessed... The two things constantly is MLP and Football, weither it's just loving Twilight (cleanly), me winning a state championship, or me figuring out how ponies would be able to play football and how what it would look like. I can't stop thinking about them! Summer conditioning is coming and I'm only getting worse mentally! Well, worse by other people's standards. :3