Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

'Sonic Generations' with another series?

catnet

For Sonic's 20th anniversary, SEGA decided to merge three eras of Sonic history- classic, Dreamcast and modern- into one game, 'Sonic Generations'. In it, both classic and modern Sonic were playable characters, running through stages from previous Sonic games (with updated music from the originals) as well as fighting familiar bosses such as Perfect Chaos and the Death Egg Robot. Simply put, if you had played any of the main games in the series, you were going to feel the nostalgia, hard. :P

What I'm wondering is, what other gaming series would you like to have their own Generations-styled installment? Personally, it would have to be the Mario series for me. There are quite a few characters that haven't appeared again in years- Wart and Tatanga, for example- and it'd be great seeing them and some other retro settings return modernised. Plus, considering its long history, there'd be a lot of material to work from, even disregarding the various spin-offs that it has.

What are your ideas? :)

Edited by Edwardo_Brony

Hmm, this one's a toughie for me.. there aren't as many series that have gone on as long as something like Sonic. I agree that Mario would be perfect for the idea, just for the sheer number of games he's been a part of, in-series or not. Both Mario and Sonic have had huge amounts of variance with the styles of their games as well, which is always something that'd be good for comparison in a game like Generations. I suppose I'd like to see something of the sort done with Final Fantasy, something like Dissidia except as an actual adventure, and you travel across each of the games respective worlds and take control of their respective protagonists and party members, and even intermingle them with other games' characters and see how they react to each other and their settings. All in modern graphics. I think it'd be pretty cool to see. :)