"Dew" you drink soda?

camsterman101

Do you drink Soda?  

158 users have voted

1. 1. Drink Soda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

After trying the new Dew flavors, and being stunned at the amount of sugar there is in them, I'd have to say that Baja Blast is still my favorite, though they're all very good.

Mountain Dew is the Nectar of The Gods, The Elixer of Life and... And... And the kryptonite to my Superman. It's true if I never discovered soft drinks, I'd be a lot healthier today. However this is not a life I'd enjoy. Soda is the excellent compliment to many a good meal. Sure if I drank water more often than sodas then I'd drink a lot more water thus being more hydrated, and properly lubricated. Often I'd use the excuse "There's water in it". To excuse water's tasteless sometimes blandness. I'm not gonna lie though sometimes water is pretty tasty, especially ice cold. Sometimes water would have a funny metallic taste and some bottled sodas are better than others. Sometimes I'd take a break from soda and discover other tastey fruity beverages. I like Sobe, the stuff called Calypso a kind of lemonade blended with other flavor drink. I like Gatorade or Powerade sometimes both during a good exercise session and keeps you hydrated better than soda or water for that matter "Water sucks, Gatorade's better". LOLZ Anywho. Where am I getting at. When life gives you the sweet sweet blends of Mountain Dew and other sodas. The key is to know that too much of a good thing is bad. So exhibit restraint and drink lightly. When doing anything it is best in moderation. Thus makes it easier to live with that just wondering what if all the time.

Side Note: Is it weird that I like to write in Comic Sans when not even comics like comic sans?

(edited)

I prefer organic mineral water. Soda's salt concentration is too high and that triggers the hypertension but if you drink the organic mineral water, that is far better than the soda and salt concentration is low compared to soda :P

Edited by Rainbow Mika

(edited)

I have cut back drastically to one can a day. I will not say how much I was drinking before - it was terrible. I kind of maybe decided I wanted to feel good again, and my oboe teacher told me what sugar does... >.< Plus, the caffeine... So I've tried switching off to unsweetened sparkling water. Most of it is, to be blunt, awful... but Dasani makes a kind that is...tolerable, and I'm getting used to it. =P

I could really use a Coke about now... T.T Oh well, I'll be okay.

I'm trying to get off the stuff with sparkling water.

Just make sure you are drinking the unsweetened kind. Sucralose, the sweetener in Sparkling Ice and some other brands is worse for you than sugar. Then some brands have aspertame. >.<

The best of the best I've found so far is Dasani Sparkling. The Black Cherry flavor is good. The Berry one, noo... just don't. It tastes exactly like the Glade Fresh Berries spray smells! O.O I haven't tried the other flavors.

If you can handle other brands like La Croix, I applaud you. That's what my teacher's family drinks, but I can't... It's wayyyyy too bitter.

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I have cut back drastically to one can a day. I will not say how much I was drinking before - it was terrible. I kind of maybe decided I wanted to feel good again, and my oboe teacher told me what sugar does... >.< Plus, the caffeine... So I've tried switching off to unsweetened sparkling water. Most of it is, to be blunt, awful... but Dasani makes a kind that is...tolerable, and I'm getting used to it. =P

I could really use a Coke about now... T.T Oh well, I'll be okay.

Just make sure you are drinking the unsweetened kind. Sucralose, the sweetener in Sparkling Ice and some other brands is worse for you than sugar. Then some brands have aspertame. >.<

The best of the best I've found so far is Dasani Sparkling. The Black Cherry flavor is good. The Berry one, noo... just don't. It tastes exactly like the Glade Fresh Berries spray smells! O.O I haven't tried the other flavors.

If you can handle other brands like La Croix, I applaud you. That's what my teacher's family drinks, but I can't... It's wayyyyy too bitter.

Thanks for the advice and I do love La Croix. Edited by OceanSapphire

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Thanks for the advice and I do love La Croix.

Late response, but I just tried some La Croix again today and realized that it is no longer too strong for me. I'm delighted, because that's many more flavors than Dasani Sparkling has. Plus, they have that non-flavored type I need to try. (when eating, I don't really like flavored drinks)

Maybe with this I'll be able to cut out pop altogether. A darn shame they don't serve it at restaurants. =/

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I've been known to drink soda on occasion. But more often then not I prefer non carbonated drinks.

I think it's because I didn't drink much soda growing up. The carbonation in the drinks tends to burn my throat and I've accidentally choked on it on it a few times. Lol xD not the most pleasant experiences.

Soda I do like are Sierra mist, Pibb, and ginger ale (I hope that last ine counts lol)

Edited by Lucky Star

• 2 weeks later...