Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Final Fantasy Music

Tom Snyder

The classic, To Zanarkand. I like it soo much I learned it for my piano recital in college.

That got me crying you wouldn't believe. Knowing Yuna will get the final aeon and die after she summons it.

• Brohoof 2

Is it strange that I've never played FF but enjoy listening to their music? xD

I've always adored any orchestrated piece from Uematsu, I really liked this re-do of Fisherman's Horizon, which I think is amzaing! It kinda has that holiday feel to it, reminds me of Christmas actually :P

Edited by LazuriteDreams*
  • Brohoof 3

Is it strange that I've never played FF but enjoy listening to their music? xD

I've always adored any orchestrated piece from Uematsu, I really liked this re-do of Fisherman's Horizon, which I think is amzaing! It kinda has that holiday feel to it, reminds me of Christmas actually :P

Its not weird at all. :) you can like what you like, noone can tell you differently.

• Brohoof 1

What's this? A load of Zozo posts? Good, good. 

I'll post nothing then.

In all seriousness, Behemoth's theme from IV terrified me. By the end of The Lair of the ForeFathers I dreaded this song.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think it sounds cool.  B) really puts the sign of danger in there.

And now for everyone's favorite villain!:

I'd place kefka in second place.

Edited by Rosemary
  • Brohoof 1

I could list just about any track from VI (III) here, really. I never really listened much past 6 (a little of 7, but not that much,) but I feel okay with that. Maybe it's just the things I've heard about the later games that just sorta removes my interest from them.

Ahh, a classic. (Then again, isn't most of 6's soundtrack considered classic material?) I've got to say, even with the amount of SNES music I've listened to (I'm a chip guy, that's quite a lot), Uematsu seems to get the most realistic sound out of it, with Mitsuda and maybe David Wise or Dean Evans coming not too far behind. (I hear the composer of Dragon Quest is really good, too, but I haven't checked those games out just yet.) 

• Brohoof 2

As someone who considers most of FF's music to be horribly bland and forgettable there's still a few songs I love. A few that everyone else likes (though when everyone worships Uematsu and everything he does that's not saying much) and a few that everyone hates.

Some winners:

You're Not Alone

World's Collide

Longing

Unite, Descend

Monster's Round Dance ~Rondo~

Otherworld

Saber's Edge

You'll notice that most of the big faves people usually mention aren't on here, there's barely any Uematsu music at all. I think people who like Uematsu only because they haven't experienced actual good composers. :P

Motoi Sakuraba is best.

Zoidberg-Out-Woop-Woop-Woop-Woop-Woop.gi

• Brohoof 1

Can't have a FF music thread without Man With A Machine Gun and Trisection

Laguna is one of my favorite characters in the FF series. He could have had his own game with the material they gave him but alas...

• Brohoof 2