Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anyone in your family served in the military?

Lisa

My grandpa and all his brother execpt one or two served in the Military thats like 10-11 people o.o (there are 13 of them)

My other grandpa served in ww2

And my brother is currently in the National Guard

• Brohoof 1

My cousin too serves in the Marines, as communications. Been a real inspiration for me to possibly join a branch of the armed forces myself.

• Brohoof 1

My great grandpa was  B1 Gunner in WWII, I think. My uncle was an Army grunt in Afghanistan, great-uncle was Navy, some other distant relative was Air National Guard. I am currently US Air Force. 

>Profit

• Brohoof 2

I served in the U.S. Navy reserve as a hospital corpsman, my brother is currently serving in the 82nd Airborne Division, my grandfather also served in the air force in the Philippines, and my youngest cousin just begun to serve in the navy. Before my family, immigrated from Canada, my late uncles served in the Royal Canadian Army, one uncle landed on Juno Beach in the second wave, and a second uncle served in Italy as part of the British 8th Army.  

• Brohoof 1

my family has a long history with the Military and Police Dept

my father was a Sergeant in the Army

my grandfather was a Petty Officer in the Navy

my cousin is a Private in the Marines

a few of my uncles were  Lt's. in the Police

and a few of my cousins are just graduating the Police academy

and I'm still deciding weather to be a Police Officer of Deputy Sheriff.....

• Brohoof 2

I live in Israel. Here, conscription is mandatory when an individual reaches the age of 18, so yes. Everyone in my family from my generation (my brother, my sister and my cousins) have all served in the military in various positions. My uncle and my late father served in the red army back before i was born.

• Brohoof 1

I know that at least one of my great-great-great-great (I don't know how many great(s)) grandfathers were in Napoleons french armeé. But my father's father was a danish resistance fighter during WW2 and served as a royal guard aswell.

Edited by Guest

I think both my Grandpas were in the Vietnam war, but I'm only sure that one of them saw "action".  He drove some bigwig around for a bit, and he was also part of a medical team, although he wasn't a certified nurse or doctor.  I think he was a techie for X-rays or something.  I don't think he was ever a gunslinger, but he did get a load of shrapnel in his leg one night when a bomb went off.  He's still got some of it in him, I think.

Plus my Dad was in the Air Force.  He retired just a few years back.  Never flew any planes, though.  He was a logistics guy, whatever that means.  Still, we're proud of him and all.  He served 6 months overseas in Iraq, and before that we all lived in Mexico and Colombia while he was working in embassies.

Oh, and my Uncle and my mom's cousin were in the Navy.  My mom's cousin had a brain injury while he was working there and now he has all these issues that are vaguely mentioned when the rest of the family gossips about him.

• Brohoof 1

Both my mom and dad were capitans in the army, and were both stationed in Germany.

I don't think I could ever serve in any branch of the military! :wau:

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 1

Grandfather on my dad's side served in the Navy. Uncle on my Dad's side served in the Army. Aunt on my Dad's side was Army. Uncle on my mom's side currently serves in the air force. My Brother will be attending basic training for the Navy later this month. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but it's easy enough for me, being Korean-American.  In South Korea, men between the ages of 18 and 30 are required to serve for two years in the military (there are exceptions, of course).  Even celebrities have to put in their time.

So yeah, my dad, all my uncles, and some of my cousins have some sort of military experience.  

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

~My dad served in the U.S. Navy for a few years when he was in his early 20's.

~My great-grandfather fought in WWI and received a Purple Heart. :D

• Brohoof 1