Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Planning Non-MLP RP

Charcoal Embers

Ugh, I've got the character in my mind and he's awesome... but when I write him down he reads like a terrible Mary Sue type. Ah well, here he is! Rest assured he's not as obnoxiously perfect as he sounds, that's all I can say.

His 'abilities' are effectively being naturally talented combined with being a crazy perfectionist, then cranked up to eleven.

-----

Name: Vincent Lancer

Appearance: Standing at 5'9" and sporting blond, shoulder length hair in a perpetually windswept appearance, Vincent is a well groomed young man. With a lean, almost thin build and blue eyes, his heritage would be easy to see even without the accent: he is the very image of a wealthy British gentleman... at least in his eyes.

Taking great care in his appearance, Vincent always ensures that he is 'properly' dressed - in formal attire more often than not - and that he always acts with dignity. His every movement has an air of purpose, with perhaps a slight tint of arrogance.

Personality: Born to a wealthy family, Vincent learned the 'proper' way to behave from a strick upbringing. He is always careful to think ahead - plotting his words and actions accordingly - and to maintain the very best of manners regardless of the situation. He acts with dignity, however this does tend to come across as snobbish and arrogant on occasion: particularly to those who don't share his more lavish lifestyle. He is quite self entitled, and while he does work hard, can become frustrated easily if his efforts do not immediately grant results.

He is very open: treating friends, strangers and even enemies with due courtesy and manners, if with varying degrees of sarcasm, backhanded compliments and half-insults. He is a firm believer in obeying rules and fair play, and cannot abide cheating in even the smallest ways.

He is very focused, and has a knack for learning extremely quickly. Combined with the wealth to afford the best tutors (and parents with the will to do so) he is proficient at a wide array of skills.

His entitlement and arrogance (often unintentional) can leave him alienated and unwelcome at times - something that he loathes about himself, but seems to be completely unable to change. He is also very self obsessed: despite being kind a nd compassionate, he is often unable to see the bigger picture past his own immediate concerns.

History: (WIP) Born to a wealthy British businessman with deep family connections, Vincent has travelled around with his family all of his life. He has lived lavishly with money and time to do whatever he reasonably desired as he travelled the world. Living in three countries over the past six years along, he has spent time in Germany and France before most recently moving to Vanice on another of his father's business movements.

With his father practically permanently engaged and now that he is old enough to be living along anyway, he has moved into an extravagant waterside home of his own, spending his days on whatever idle fancies take to his mind.

Abilities: Adaptive Perfectionist - Vincent brings out the very best in himself... and then some. He is capable of picking up practically any skill that he is physically capable of learning at an alarming rate, and has the focus and drive to dedicate himself to mastering these arts with an almost zen-like zeal. A Perfectionist with a supernatural dedication to learning and the drive to power it.

Perfect mind, Perfect body - With a deep desire to better himself lingering over him always, it was only natural that Vincent would dedicate hours upon hours of training his body and mind with physical and mental exercises. He is only human, but he is always at peak performance, and the very best that he could hope to be.

Not perfect at being perfect... - Being perfect is hard, and even the best sruggle in some areas. Vincent can't cook at all, is inept at adapting to other social circles and is pretty darn bad at a number of other things that he either hasn't tried or doesn't talk about.

Edited by Cinder
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Very well thought out character, Cinder (though I expect no less from you haha). I'm sure Vincent will play well in this and keep a flowing storyline. I assume he still has much room to grow throughout the RP? 

Edited by Aerodynas

@,

Very well thought out character, Cinder (though I expect no less from you haha). I'm sure Vincent will play well in this and keep a flowing storyline. I assume he still has much room to grow throughout the RP?

Heh, many thanks!

Oh yes: I've just added an extra, short addition at the bottom of his bio where he would certainly like to grow, but even without that, he's got plenty of flexibility. He's got some growing to do with his talents, his personality and his morality.

Still working on him, but you get the idea! :P

• Brohoof 1

@,

I like the touch. Wonder how this RP will treat him :P

And that is 2 so far with 2 more to go granted that my friend Charcoal ends up making his character too. If I have any questions more about your characters, I'll be sure to ask :) 

I think I'll go with Pat being from Whitechapel, London. Her voice would be similar to Tracer's from Overwatch.

It might be interesting to see the two sides of England interact with one another. The rural cockney and the regal brit.

MUAHAHAHAHA I'm back fellas! Well, the new people won't know me, but whatever. Ahem... I am here to send in MY character into this. I have a certain... secret inside my character.

Name: Kelly Georgeson

Height: 5' 9"

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair Length/Style: Bangs with short hair.

Sex: ???

Sexual Preference: Homosexual (Even though proclaiming otherwise)

Ability: The ability to hit anything in sight within 0.75 Miles by use of Rifle. Requires a Scoped Rifle for use.

Eye Color: Hazel with tiny amounts of blue.

Background:

Kelly was a baby born to the CEO of a grand Company, however due to some dissatisfactions with the baby that he and his wife produced, disowned it and placed it in the care of his Brother who lived in the countryside, even though he had a small ranch, he was usually abroad doing business deals for his division of the Company of HardenCo., the company of which his older brother ran. Due to him being away, Kelly was told to work the Cattle and pigs with some of the Employees that Gregory, Kelly's uncle, hired to keep it together. By the Time that Kelly turned 18, the farm slowly lost most of the workers, and the few that stayed for sentimental reasons. So the farm went by slowly, Kelly working more than she's done in her life. That didn't work out however, because the Farm and Farmhouse she lived at, were foreclosed. She then had to live with an impoverished family in abandoned buildings, as her real father gave no support whatsoever, and her Uncle hasn't been seen since the amount of workers decreased. She then began to be a Varmint hunter, using a rifle that was found in the house before foreclosure. She then fled for the city away from her decrepid place of living. Kelly became a bartender, and has been there ever since, living in a Run Down Apartment in LA Greater.

Edited by notten1

@@notten1,

Great character and well thought out...but...

With the ability of being able to hit anything "in sight" at .75 miles using a scoped rifle...that would mean the rifle itself is magical rather than there being any ability with the user. May have to work on Kelly's ability(s) a bit more and reconfigure it.  

@Aerodynas

I just threw it in... But it is something I want, for Kelly to be able to be a cracking shot. Alsof, I just made it sound magic XD, really it's just the scope doing the work, but if you want it to change, I can. Maybe that Kelly can fire in succession accurately for the shots?

Edited by notten1

@@Aerodynas,

Okie doke! I only ask because Pat does really bad in warmer climates, so even in moderate whether she'd be wearing tank top and shorts. What time of the year where you planning on it being at the start of the RP? 

(edited)

Name: Prisca Casa

Appearance: 5’-1” Tall, Prisca normally has long, blond hair, but she occasionally has some sort of coloring in it to give it a little flare. Her bust is very average, while she is quite lean, toned, and has a face that will make a lot of people stare. Lips with just a bit of pink to them, a face that some would say practically glows, and her eyes are a very nice Amethyst purple. She always enjoys dressing up a bit, nothing TOO flashy for just normal walks, but things like some light makeup and a nice dress.

Personality: Prisca is a flirt. If she likes you, she won’t be afraid to say it. If she thinks you are good looking, she will tell you. She knows she is good looking and will show it off. She has nothing to hide and if you ask her, she will tell you pretty much anything. And while she can go overboard sometimes, she is still sweet at heart. She does care for people who care for her back. She isn’t afraid as well to use her charm and looks to try and get things she wants. She won’t steal, but she will occasionally try to get people to do things for her. But despite her outword appearance, she isn't entirely happy. She always acts happy for the others around her, but leave her completely alone for a while, and she will lose it. She needs to have company around to stay sane and she is always finding it hard to sleep at night without someone there with her.

History: She never knew her parents. Almost as soon as Prisca was born she her mother died from a heart attack. And when she was very young her father died through means that were never explained to her. But after her father died she was immediately moved to her grandparents where she was immediately put into a boarding school with pretty much all girls. Starting out it was an all girls school, but the year Prisca came in it changed to where boys could apply too.
She was alright in her classes. Passing them easily and moving through the grades. But despite her being so popular, there were a choice few that really tried to make things hard for Prisca. They wouldn’t do much, but the biggest thing being that one of them found out about her parents. They would tease her constantly about it. And despite what she would act like at school, it hurt her badly. So badly that eventually, after her grandparents got the story out of her, they put her in a little bit of therapy, and hired her a personal self-defense teacher, since they felt that bullying always ended with the bully hurting their victim. To the surprise of everyone she did especially good, learning some of the basics very quickly at a young age, and Prisca really enjoyed it too. She soon started taking different martial arts classes, learning different forms combat while growing up. And she very soon became nearly a master at many different forms of combat. She personally prefers combat involving landing hard strikes to sensitive points at the body, but knows much more than just that. After she graduated from school she happily moved out of her grandparents’ house, ready to take on the world. She currently lives in Atarashi, knowing that it is a very good for a new start.

Abilities: Umbra Vivens

Much to the fascination of her companions and family, Prisca's subconsciousness takes on a form far more physical than simple information within her mind. As if moulded by some supernatural force, Casa's very shadow appears to move with a mind of its own. In reality the shadow is simply following the commands of the owner's subconscious thoughts, though how this is even possible is still up for debate.

What is known is Prisca has some slight control over the shadow, though these manipulations often reflect her current state of mind rather the concious thought processes. The subject has shown particularly strong responses to powerful, immediate emotions, often the shadow may take on a very disturbing or outright terrifying appearance as a defensive reflex to being scared. More often than not, the shadow is unable to interact with the physical world and simply carries the properties of a malleable lack of light.

Perhaps the most supernatural aspect of this power is when the two parts of the mind think in unison, often it is particularly difficult to have the subconscious side to cooperate but when it does spectacular things are sure to occur. The shadow, as if an extension of Prisca's will may be granted the ability to interact with the physical realm... With kinetic force. The more complex or difficult the task the harder it is for such a unison to be achieved, with simple actions such as lifting a glass of water being relatively easy compared to operating precise controls on a machine. It appears that through meditation and training, she has somewhat made this process easier, but only time will tell if such an event can ever become "easy," to instigate.

Whether through self-indoctrination, psychological trauma or perhaps even an inkling of truth, Prisca is convinced that the shadow is able to speak to her at times. Perhaps it represents her subconscious side communicating with her conciousness, perhaps she is delusional, none can say as only she has ever testified to communication with the entity.

(Credit for the ability going to Sanctified Absence for the full amount of details.)

Edited by Charcoal Embers

Abilities: She has a shadow “clone” of herself. Her shadow is basically sentient, being able to have slight manipulation on objects in the real world and being able to talk and communicate with Prisca. And with the shadow she is able to use it to enhance her fighting abilities. Helping to hit harder be basically becoming a glove, and pretty much being able to fight with her when necessary.

I'm not at all satisfied with this. XC Especially the ability details. If anyone is here would you like to help me out a little? XC

Just throwing out a suggestion here, but feel free to take any ideas you want from it if anything strikes your fancy.

Abilities: Umbra Vivens

Much to the fascination of her companions and family, Prisca's subconsciousness takes on a form far more physical than simple information within her mind. As if moulded by some supernatural force, Casa's very shadow appears to move with a mind of its own. In reality the shadow is simply following the commands of the owner's subconscious thoughts, though how this is even possible is still up for debate.

What is known is Prisca has some slight control over the shadow, though these manipulations often reflect her current state of mind rather the concious thought processes. The subject has shown particularly strong responses to powerful, immediate emotions, often the shadow may take on a very disturbing or outright terrifying appearance as a defensive reflex to being scared. More often than not, the shadow is unable to interact with the physical world and simply carries the properties of a malleable lack of light.

Perhaps the most supernatural aspect of this power is when the two parts of the mind think in unison, often it is particularly difficult to have the subconscious side to cooperate but when it does spectacular things are sure to occur. The shadow, as if an extension of Prisca's will may be granted the ability to interact with the physical realm... With kinetic force. The more complex or difficult the task the harder it is for such a unison to be achieved, with simple actions such as lifting a glass of water being relatively easy compared to operating precise controls on a machine. It appears that through meditation and training, she has somewhat made this process easier, but only time will tell if such an event can ever become "easy," to instigate.

Whether through self-indoctrination, psychological trauma or perhaps even an inkling of truth, Prisca is convinced that the shadow is able to speak to her at times. Perhaps it represents her subconscious side communicating with her conciousness, perhaps she is delusional, none can say as only she has ever testified to communication with the entity.

Terribly sorry... I saw your power and had this train of thought in my head, couldn't help myself  :P 

Edited by Sanctified Absence
  • Brohoof 1