Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

@,

You've been accepted. Glad to have you aboard. As you know, I've started a PM with you to discuss the RP and Lilith with you.

@,

I'm sorry but as it stands I cannot accept your application. Your OC sheet isn't very detailed. If you can fill it out with more information and write a backstory for your OC , I will give you another look.

@,

Between the two...I will choose version 2, since that version seem to have more thought and effort put into it.

If you can fill out the rest of the application, I will be able to accept you.

• Brohoof 1

@@SilverHeart,

version 2 it is then 

items she shall bring would be lets see really a nice dress for dinners and toiletries.

Special skills would involve cloud manipulation as she had formal training, otherwise none.

@, @,

Considering the current posting speed in the RP I think it would be best if the both of you arrived at the same time that Equestrian Scholar's character did. To catch up all you will really need to do is read my posts starting from this one:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/118333-bloodlines-solhorror-mystery-reboot/?p=4152248

That said, it would be great if you would read all the posts starting from that point. That way you will get a feel for the characters of the other players..

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

@@Golbez, @@FortyTwo42, @@EquestrianScholar,

Please welcome our two newest players!

@@EquestrianScholar,

I'm still not too sure if you are in this. If you still haven't decide (or have decided to leave) that is fine, I would just like an update please. I feel a little guilty about tagging you with updates since I'm not sure if you still want to be in this.

• Brohoof 2

@,

It's okay. Just do your best. When I first began roleplaying here, there were times I could barely match the minimum 200 character requirement. Actually now that I'm thinking about it I'm pretty sure it was 400 characters when I joined. Anyway, I've personally found that RP'ing with people who are of a similar skill level to me or higher usually forces me to get better.

• Brohoof 4

@@SilverHeart,

is there a post or such with all the characters involved Ie OC pages so I can deduce identities and traits etc

Honestly that should have been in the OOC. I'm sure I remember taking the time to do that. I just checked and it isn't there, I'll be sure to add those in for convenience. That will ahve to wait until tomorrow though, It's nearly 3 AM here and I need to get some sleep.

• Brohoof 2

@@SilverHeart,

is there a post or such with all the characters involved Ie OC pages so I can deduce identities and traits etc

I think I can make a quick list for you. If I'm not mistaken about something, the following is a list of the characters currently in the dining room, the person playing that character and a link to their character pages.

SilverHeart: Mirror Image, Lapis, Gemma, Harmony, Tragedy (I could not find character pages for Harmony and Tragedy)

Golbez: Cherry Bomb

FortyTwo42: Aero Wind, Shadowhide

EquestrianScholar: Mythos Gray (EquestrianScholar might be about to leave the RP, however)

And of course, there's now your character and Magos Amphrose's character too.

• Brohoof 3

@@FortyTwo42,

cheers there mate saves me some leg work. 

@@SilverHeart

Additional can I submit a new version of Summer before I start it gives me more flexibility with her as the current one is meant for Equestrian RP

(this one has plenty of detail I kinda cut and paste and edited till i was happy) (again vamperism is at your discretion option 3 is the most popular with DM's but nothing at all is fine too)

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/summer-sun-cloud-r9107

• Brohoof 1

@@FortyTwo42,

cheers there mate saves me some leg work. 

@@SilverHeart

Additional can I submit a new version of Summer before I start it gives me more flexibility with her as the current one is meant for Equestrian RP

(this one has plenty of detail I kinda cut and paste and edited till i was happy) (again vamperism is at your discretion option 3 is the most popular with DM's but nothing at all is fine too)

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/summer-sun-cloud-r9107

What exactly are the differences between this version of the character and the EQE section character?

As interesting as vampirism is, I'm afraid there isn't a place for it in this RP. So she'll have to be a normal pony.

Lets treat it as official that I am pulling out, I don't think I will be able to do much of any roleplaying for a while... it has already been two weeks or so since I last posted for a roleplay.

Thank you for letting me know. If at any point you decide that you would like to give this RP another try I'm positive I will be able to work Mythos (or another character of your choice) into the RP again.

@, @,

I just wanted to stress that you shouldn't have a showy or flashy entrance. Please remember that your characters were lead to the room by Red Cask and  you have been seated at the table. Feel free to talk to any of the other players or Gemma, Lapis Harmony or Tragedy though.

SilverHeart: Mirror Image, Lapis, Gemma, Harmony, Tragedy (I could not find character pages for Harmony and Tragedy)

Yes, I never actually made character sheets for Harmony or Tragedy since they were specifically created for this RP.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry but as it stands I cannot accept your application. Your OC sheet isn't very detailed. If you can fill it out with more information and write a backstory for your OC , I will give you another look.

I finally updated her OC page in what seems life forever.

the best way could see her being invited is that she was looking for a vacation away from the city life and she applied for a free give away vacation offered by Prince Blueblood. She naturally accepts the all expense paid trip and makes her way to his estate but gets held up on her trip there accounting for her tardiness.

Items: 1 day worth of food, Grandmother's Necklace, a hooded cloak for warmth, tinder stick, a sack of bits, and Prince Blueblood's Invitation.

Special Knowledge: Weather Manipulation, Gardening, and Agility (Flying).

@@SilverHeart,

no vamperism got it the differences for example is the non Equestrian version knows more stuff (including a vampire) and has seen some stuff a more rounded and developed character and she can make family references and jokes as well plus she's not as squeaky clean.

But otherwise same abilities and items (just more for me to work with really)

once you respond to this i'll post

gonna post while I feel like it (sort out version later)

• Brohoof 1

Well, I found myself with a little downtime at work and decided to hop on here - see if any folks I knew were still about. Pretty surprised when I saw this RP was still running!

Hey folks, long time no see!

I'd like to say I had a ton of time to get into the fandom and RPing like I used to, but that's sadly not the case. That said, I've taken a (very quick) glance over the RP here and noted that you may be doing a sort of soft-reboot here? If so - and if you'd have me after vanishing so abruptly and for so long - well... y'know, wouldn't be against putting in the occasional post when I have free time.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I found myself with a little downtime at work and decided to hop on here - see if any folks I knew were still about. Pretty surprised when I saw this RP was still running!

Hey folks, long time no see!

I'd like to say I had a ton of time to get into the fandom and RPing like I used to, but that's sadly not the case. That said, I've taken a (very quick) glance over the RP here and noted that you may be doing a sort of soft-reboot here? If so - and if you'd have me after vanishing so abruptly and for so long - well... y'know, wouldn't be against putting in the occasional post when I have free time.

I will gladly accept you back. I'd like to sound more enthusiastic but I'm pretty worn out.

It's great to have you back.

You can resume posting anytime. And most of the orignial players are gone. Only Golbez and Fortytwo42 remain from the first wave of players.

@,

I'll review your character and application later. I'm afraid I don't have time right now.

@,

All of that is fine with me. Thanks for explaining.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

@, @, @@FortyTwo42,

I'll be making my next post once both @@Golbez and @@The Elusive Cinder have posted.

@,

After giving it quite a bit of thought I'm afraid I will have to reject your application. Your character sheet is still a bit bare (Though it is a huge improvement from before, so good job) and after looking at your RP posts I do not believe that your writing style (1st person) is suited to this roleplay. I do wish you better luck next time though.

• Brohoof 1

Apologies for the somewhat short post - its not that I'm half-arsing it or anything, but I didn't want to write a ton and burn myself out after a post or three.

Rather go for some consistently decent writing that I can sustain.

Anyone can feel free to interact with Emerald - she'll start talking to folks anyway, but I thought I'd leave the opportunity open for if anyone in particular wanted to acknowledge her first.

• Brohoof 1

@@The Elusive Cinder,@, @@Golbez,@@FortyTwo42, @,   

So I realize there are a ton of NPC's in this RP. Over the next few days I'm going to add another section to the OOC with descriptions of each of the ponies and their roles so that you can always find out what the NPC's look like and who they are. Most likely I'll add in characters as they are reintroduced. That said I'm only going to include public knowledge.

As an example, Red Cask is the House Steward. He's a red coated earth pony with a black mane (I can't remember if that's what he actually looks like). He's well on in years but he still looks very athletic. 

That will be p[ublic knowledge. I won't include things that only certain characters find or know.

An example would be the following, which I've taken from the beginning of the RP. This is something that Emerald noticed when she first met Red Cask..

Emerald: Due to years of knowledge and study you immediately recognize that his clothes are in a style that is nearly two hundred years old. The only ponies that were gifted with such exquisite apparel were the Estate Stewards of Noble families so high in rank that they bordered on being Royalty. You don't recognize the House's Sigil, Which follows the standard format of a Family Crest.

At the top of the Crest was one of the family's mottos 'in pace, ut equines, aptarit idonea bello', which translated to "In peace, like a wise horse, he appropriately prepares for war." Below the motto was a closed-face steel helmet with gold trimming. The helmet sat above a crown that was reminiscent of Celestia's crown. Underneath that was the family's crest, which consisted of a Manticore that had been stabbed by two swords. blood dripped from the wounds into a chalice that was nearly overflowing with its blood. On both sides of this crest were two seapony mares, who were positioned so that their hooves were pressed against each side of the shield. At the bottom of the crest was another motto, "amat victoria curam" which translated to "Victory likes careful preparation."

Since only Emerald (and therefore Cinder) knows that, it won't be included in the character summaries. Let me know if I explained this well enough it makes sense.

Also @@Golbez, just respond when you get the chance.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

So.. I've come around to launch my own RP. Since gathering a group is going to take a while and I'd fain start practicing some major writing towards its debut, I figured the time spent waiing might as well be spent pleasantly, at least getting to know the community somewhat. And, having brushed through what's laying on top of the pile as open, inviting, and eloquent enough to sate my tastes.

I just hope acquainting myself with the entire thread so far isn't a requirement. I just might do this anyway, but it's better to be safe.

That being said, here we go...

Name: Cursive Initial (Profile link)

Previous RP experience: None that can be linked to, and expressly none on these forums.

Pocket contents: other than clothes, a blocky notebook, a set of fine quills - the plumage may be torn and besmudged, but the quills are sharp as ever, two compact bottles of ink: black and red, a flat flask of strong spirits, a cherrywood pipe, a bag of tobacco and some change.

Hobbies/interests: a fine taste in literary arts, poetry, and various mythologies. For goodness sakes though, don't expect me to quote actual English literature or poetry :D Also, skills listed in his profile: artful handwriting, composition of various texts, a working knowdlege of illustrating.

There, chirograph signed. Awaiting judgement.

@@Hederik,

I'm going to take a gamble and I'll accept your application. Please read starting from this post and you will be caught up with everything since your character would have arrived:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/118333-bloodlines-solhorror-mystery-reboot/page-15#entry4152248

Feel free to read the rest of the RP but with the number of people that have dropped out, it mostly won't matter. To save time, your first post should involve your character walking into the room with the rest of the players and will be sitting down with the rest. You can talk to anyone you want to though (except Red Cask since he is no longer present).

Just in case anyone is wondering, I require this because of how utterly large the mansion is, the residents and staff would be very unlikely to allow anyone to  wander through it without supervision. It is very easy to get lost.

@@The Elusive Cinder, @, @@Golbez, @@FortyTwo42, @,

I'm not sure if it notified any of you but I finished making my posts with Harmony, Tragedy, and Mirror. The posts were automatically added to the end of my post from yesterday.

• Brohoof 1

I was going to write something bitter here about me being a gamble, but having had a while to think about it, I decided to thank you for the trust instead. I'll certainly try to bring my OC page up to snuff in a while, as it seems I have underestimated the set standards 'round here. I'm actually glad I did rush it though, because it seems I'm jumping into the last wagons of a rolling train...

...and *huff* catching up with *huff* 15 pages of posts wasn't *wheeze* exactly a stroll in the park. But I made it, and don't regret it. I joined based on the theme, post length and their at-a-glance quality. I intend to stay for the obvious effort made into establishing the environment and factual affection already in place for many of this session's established players' characters.

One quick question: I understand why it would be beneficial to state a character's perspective if there are several mentioned in a single post, but some seem to have adapted it even if they only describe a single character. Also, is coloring the dialogue bon ton, an effort at making it stand out more or a whimsy of post authors? Wouldn't want to break social norms there :)

Edited by Hederik

I was going to write something bitter here about me being a gamble, but having had a while to think about it, I decided to thank you for the trust instead. I'll certainly try to bring my OC page up to snuff in a while, as it seems I have underestimated the set standards 'round here. I'm actually glad I did rush it though, because it seems I'm jumping into the last wagons of a rolling train...

...and *huff* catching up with *huff* 15 pages of posts wasn't *wheeze* exactly a stroll in the park. But I made it, and don't regret it. I joined based on the theme, post length and their at-a-glance quality. I intend to stay for the obvious effort made into establishing the environment and factual affection already in place for many of this session's established players' characters.

One quick question: I understand why it would be beneficial to state a character's perspective if there are several mentioned in a single post, but some seem to have adapted it even if they only describe a single character. Also, is coloring the dialogue bon ton, an effort at making it stand out more or a whimsy of post authors? Wouldn't want to break social norms there :)

The gamble bit was because I don't know much about you or your RPing skill. Specifically I was gambling that your OOC post for your own RP was indicative of your normal writing quality. And it seems I was right to make the gamble, I'm glad you applied.

Also I realize it was rude to state that and so I would like to formally apologize to you for that.

Finally to your question, I found the color coded speech rather wierd when I first arrived here as well. Basically it just makes it easier for most people to see who is speaking. It also makes it very easy for others to tell who is speaking if you are controlling multiple characters.

I'm not sure if there are any other reasons to do it besides a bit of flair. Honestly the effect of colored speech is lost on me, since i can't see colors. If anyone else has some wisdom to share on it feel free.

Oh and by the way if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Edited by SilverHeart
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks, much as I feel the bitterness was ungrounded on my part, I appreciate the gesture and hold no grudge all the same.

The colors are pretty cool until someone start posting in yellow or pale pink and do indeed make scanning the posts for dialogue way easier. Surely, there is some method to this approach.

Oh and by the way if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I'll take you on that offer as soon as I find a loose end to tie a question to, rest assured :D

• Brohoof 1